Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2007, 20:57   #31
Team-BHP Support

Hi sand 3650. Welcome to team-bhp!
Please read the rules and regulations. Smiley usage is only 2 per post.

@snaronikar: You wouldnt want to mod the car immediatly after buying it. Please read this thread on FE.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...fficiency.html

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 16th July 2007 at 21:04.
Old 18th July 2007, 12:24   #32
BHPian

Anytime you ask......................its SX4....................bring this machine with eyes wide shut
Old 18th July 2007, 20:04   #33
BHPian

one of my friend here in tvm maruti showroom advised me against SX4 now as it has a common jerking problem and ac not cooling effectively and should buy only after maruti fixes it. So if possible take a long TD and check this issue if its really there. As for logan i havent tried it out so far so no comments.
Old 18th July 2007, 20:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

Throwing my 2 cents in. If you want to play it safe, then go for the SX4. If you are open and inclined to experiment, then go for the Logan. Mind you, the results out of an experiment may always not be in your favour.

In a nutshell, the SX4 is a better buy for all the reasons our fellow TBHPians have mentioned over the last two pages. All the best.
Old 18th July 2007, 20:47   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by premdiv View Post
one of my friend here in tvm maruti showroom advised me against SX4 now as it has a common jerking problem and ac not cooling effectively and should buy only after maruti fixes it. So if possible take a long TD and check this issue if its really there. As for logan i havent tried it out so far so no comments.
AC issue is fixed during first service, as almost all of the SX4 owners have pointed out.

Don't own one, so can't comment.
Old 18th July 2007, 23:39   #36
BHPian

SX4 is a brilliant car, looks hot too. Its a maruti , so peace of mind as far as *** goes. My vote is for the SX4!!!!
Old 19th July 2007, 14:52   #37
BHPian

If you are looking for a diesel and boot is not a problem as you have mentioned and if you dont have a large family, how about Swift DDIS?

Its got the power, fuel efficiency, Maruti A.S.S., likely to have a good resale value and is a great car to drive. You can check the forum for the increasing number of madly in love owners (includes me!) of this car.

It has its drawbacks, the main one being the long waiting period, but nothing one cannot live with.
Old 19th July 2007, 17:14   #38
Senior - BHPian

@maheshshanmugam: Thanks for the same. The petrol prices are also going up may be from next month as per the news article in TOI around 2~2.50. And in Bangalore it will go up about 3~3.25/ltr.

I'am also thinking about the same....but also waiting for Getz CRDI....let's wait and see....
Old 2nd August 2007, 10:36   #39
BHPian

My Uncle -73yrs age, in Jaipur wants to buy a new C seg. petrol car. Running is 1200 - 1300 km/month -- mainly City with 1 trip to delhi every 2 months or so (means avg. highway drive about 250 km / month. He wants a comfortable car with decent resale after 5 yrs or so. Driver drives most of the time. Should be less on maintenance and VFM.
City EXi-- dealer is putting in music system and colouring the handles / orvms. Sx4 ZXi-- no freebie, but already with ABS, Airbags, Music System etc.
Which will be a better buy for him.
He feels City is more comfortable to sit in. Sx4 has better GC and higher ingress.
Please advice URGENTLY. Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd August 2007, 15:18   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hi, Alankarm,

My advice is there are many threads available in this forum and you can get your answers and many people have given their ideas.....Anyways, if you feel NHC is better you can go for the same. It is a great VFM. Gives good mileage than SX4 and its Honda. But one problem is Honda is bringing out new NHC early next year. Not sure about the resale value after 5 years.
Old 2nd August 2007, 15:51   #41
BHPian

You can go for SX4...its a better package overall anyday...by the way u mentioned resale value also, SX4 will fetch you more anyday than a logan..
Old 2nd August 2007, 20:25   #42
Senior - BHPian

According to me SX4 is just a dream for the next 6 months as per dealers, unless we use influence to get the car fast.

% of problems reported on SX4 is more for cars in its class.

Logan D is available within 2 weeks of time its Fuel efficient too. It has lot of practical features and very nice ride as well. Expect better build quality in Logan compared with Maruti cars.

Now about NHC I do agree its nice car but ride comfort is not good especially in bad roads. Except for that NHC is good choice, at present looking into availability I choose Logan over NHC as well. Logan is very good Sedan. I feel some discount will start soon in couple of months.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 2nd August 2007 at 20:31.
Old 3rd August 2007, 07:20   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Hi, Alankarm,

My advice is there are many threads available in this forum and you can get your answers and many people have given their ideas.....Anyways, if you feel NHC is better you can go for the same. It is a great VFM. Gives good mileage than SX4 and its Honda. But one problem is Honda is bringing out new NHC early next year. Not sure about the resale value after 5 years.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Could you please point me to the right threads where I can compare SX4 and City directly?

About the ABS in Maruti SX4 Zxi -- even the Maruti Dealers are considering it to be more of a gimmick, given that the SX4 does NOT have disc brakes on rear wheels but drums. This is the 1st I'm hearing of drums with ABS. Any comments???
Old 3rd August 2007, 11:53   #44
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alankarm@sancha View Post
Thanks for the prompt reply. Could you please point me to the right threads where I can compare SX4 and City directly?

About the ABS in Maruti SX4 Zxi -- even the Maruti Dealers are considering it to be more of a gimmick, given that the SX4 does NOT have disc brakes on rear wheels but drums. This is the 1st I'm hearing of drums with ABS. Any comments???
I don't know about comparison b/w city and SX4, but a good SX4 thread is at: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-in...s-dont-35.html

Disc or drum, ABS in SX4 helped me last week. I was driving in rain and it along with the unidirectional tyres, gave me real good stability. I did'nt have to brake completely hard, but ABS used to kick in for non-skid brake actions as well.

I really don't know the technicalities enough to comment on whether disc or drum will help ABS become more effective. I tried looking at the wikipedia page: Anti-lock braking system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and I did not find any reference to either disc or drum.
Old 3rd August 2007, 12:46   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu_calvin View Post
You can go for SX4...its a better package overall anyday...by the way u mentioned resale value also, SX4 will fetch you more anyday than a logan..
hey man no doubt the SX4 wd fetch u more bt then again Logan is anyway a couple of lacs cheaper den SX4...and we dunno as yet bout the Logan resale market...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks