Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2007, 13:37   #46
Senior - BHPian

Even If logan fetches poor resale value considerring its 2 lac. cheaper logan will fetch better money than SX4. The reason in India less priced car sells first in resale market, I mean for the person who buy used car he will look into FE, cheap to run, space. Logan wins compared with SX4 in this deparmtent.

SX4 has new technology so MUL mechanics are not trained enough yet to handle it. SX4 is similar to Swift so expect high maintanance cost since Swift is costly premium hatchback in its class to maitain.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 3rd August 2007, 13:52   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
SX4 has new technology so MUL mechanics are not trained enough yet to handle it. SX4 is similar to Swift so expect high maintanance cost since Swift is costly premium hatchback in its class to maitain.

Regards,

Ravi.
How did you arrive at this decision ? There is new technology in all cars with manufacturers releasing the same cars that are released in the world market. Regarding swift being costly to maintain, ask around with the owners. Unless you bang your car every now and then onto something and treat it really bad, you wouldn't need maintenance. Reliable cars don't go bad so often.
Old 3rd August 2007, 14:33   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Ravi, the Logan also is new in India. Atleast SX4 will be handled by guys who know about Suzuki's technologies. Going by your logic it will be very bad that M&M will be handling the servicing for the Logan.
Old 3rd August 2007, 16:01   #49
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
According to me SX4 is just a dream for the next 6 months as per dealers, unless we use influence to get the car fast.

% of problems reported on SX4 is more for cars in its class.

Logan D is available within 2 weeks of time its Fuel efficient too. It has lot of practical features and very nice ride as well. Expect better build quality in Logan compared with Maruti cars.

Now about NHC I do agree its nice car but ride comfort is not good especially in bad roads. Except for that NHC is good choice, at present looking into availability I choose Logan over NHC as well. Logan is very good Sedan. I feel some discount will start soon in couple of months.

Regards,

Ravi.
I just got a call from my sales person at Mandovi. He says ZXi is three months and not 6.

Also, can you substantiate the % of problems statement. In a thread on SX4, where I regularly post replies, I do not see many people having problems. I personally know of three people and none of them have problems. There are design issues and issues related to getting adjusted. But very few related to the quality/maintenance.

VBV
Old 3rd August 2007, 17:47   #50
BHPian

SX4 anyday. Given the (non) performance of the Logan, it could be extinct anytime and that will seriously kill the resale value. You can't go very wrong with Maruti.
Old 3rd August 2007, 23:36   #51
BHPian

I personally have 3 Old Honda City EXis, 1 Civic MT, and 1 NHC. So I am inclined towards City, but I think an upgrade is due looking at the introduction of SX4. If this is true then I dont want my uncle to loose out. He can wait some more if need be.
Old 4th August 2007, 18:05   #52
Senior - BHPian

Hello Members,

Let me make it clear with better explaination: SX4 is good bet If someone look for safety, climate control and big car feeling.

Logan makes good choice If we look for practicality like space, comfort, economy.

Every car has its onw plus or negative points. So no one is winner. It is left to the person to decide the aspects he look when he buy the car. Based on that few people like Logan and few SX4

About resale value what I mean is Logan is cheap to buy,maintain,sale since its cheaper than SX4.

About MUL mechanics not trained to handle SX4's issues If any owner reported I have typed based on what I read in website/magazine but sorry forgot the source.

Sx4 is good bet for safety and people who trust MUL.

Logan is best sedan people who need cheap to buy/space/comfort/better FE (Logan D).

For maintenance I am sure Logan is cheap compared with SX4 because SX4 is C segment sedan and Logan is entry level sedan.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 4th August 2007, 21:58   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
SX4 has new technology so MUL mechanics are not trained enough yet to handle it.
What exactly is this new technology?
What about the Logan? A new car is going to be handled by a newly set-up service centre, and we dont even know if its reliable in Indian conditions.
Quote:
SX4 is similar to Swift so expect high maintanance cost since Swift is costly premium hatchback in its class to maitain.
In which class?
AFAIK, Swift service costs are very similar to Getz and U-VA. If you compare it to Santro/WagonR, then Swift maintainence should be more expensive.

Interesting that you say SX4 is similar to Swift and also that SX4 is 'new' technology!
Quote:
For maintenance I am sure Logan is cheap compared with SX4 because SX4 is C segment sedan and Logan is entry level sedan.
In that case Ikon 1.6 should be less expensive to maintain than an NHC. Which isn't exactly true! (Based on what owners have reported. I haven't owned both the cars)

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 4th August 2007 at 22:02.
Old 4th August 2007, 23:40   #54
Team-BHP Support

Except for your running of 400 km / week, Sx4 is a perfect fit and i wont debate on this fact.

400 to 500 km is a good reason why you should go for a diesel car unless your gas bill is taken care.
Old 4th August 2007, 23:45   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
SX4 anyday. Given the (non) performance of the Logan, it could be extinct anytime and that will seriously kill the resale value. You can't go very wrong with Maruti.
Boy, wakeup.

what non performance of logan you are talking about?

Read this

IBNLive.com > Logan tops in mid-car segment for 1st time : logan, maruti, top segment
Old 5th August 2007, 23:50   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

What about the Logan? A new car is going to be handled by a newly set-up service centre, and we dont even know if its reliable in Indian conditions.
Regarding mechanics showing a blank face when it comes to a newly launched car. Generally manufacturers train their service engineers in batches when training for a yet to be launched or newly launched car. So most probably the service engineer who was blank in front of that particular SX4 owner might not be trained by then. This can happen with any company. Even in my case when I'd gone for the car's servicing.. There were few particular mechanics/ service engineers who were looking after the logans. So in my opinion this is a non issue and can happen with anyone.

Regarding Logan's service & reliability.. Logans are being handled by existing Mahindra service centres (the ones who used to cater to Scorpios.. not MMs and other jeeps). Where there were none, they have opened new ones.

All the manufacturers, including Suzuki, subject their cars to rigorous tests before launch.

And a newly set-up service centre by some other company doesn't mean it will recruit road side mechanics or chotus. Its not that only suzuki can afford good engineers and mechanics.
Old 6th August 2007, 00:28   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
And a newly set-up service centre by some other company doesn't mean it will recruit road side mechanics or chotus. Its not that only suzuki can afford good engineers and mechanics.
That was not what I said and the reply was in relation to that particular statement i have quoted.

Since you have replied so 'politely', mind if i ask something about the ownership experience?

1. Every company conducts studies. Agreed. But i dont know if other companies leave out basic carpetting for areas like the boot, leaving nails jutting out inside the boot. Do you?

2. Comparing with MUL service, Mahindra has a long way to go to establish themselves. Its a new car, isn't it? Its going to be a new service centre, isn't it? (atleast in our part of the country). The car is yet to be proved reliable in Indian conditions, isn't it?

My point there was just that SX4 doesn't have any new technology that maruti service cannot handle, and that logan has a long way to go before they can match maruti service. And the post had nothing against Logan that demanded such a reply.

Happy driving.
Old 6th August 2007, 02:33   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
That was not what I said and the reply was in relation to that particular statement i have quoted.

Since you have replied so 'politely', mind if i ask something about the ownership experience?

1. Every company conducts studies. Agreed. But i dont know if other companies leave out basic carpetting for areas like the boot, leaving nails jutting out inside the boot. Do you?

2. Comparing with MUL service, Mahindra has a long way to go to establish themselves. Its a new car, isn't it? Its going to be a new service centre, isn't it? (atleast in our part of the country). The car is yet to be proved reliable in Indian conditions, isn't it?

My point there was just that SX4 doesn't have any new technology that maruti service cannot handle, and that logan has a long way to go before they can match maruti service. And the post had nothing against Logan that demanded such a reply.

Happy driving.
I am sorry if I sounded impolite. That was not the intention Regarding the technology matter.. I agree with you and even if a incident like this happened.. I 've already said it can happen with anyone.

1. Basic carpeting is there in the boot. Its just not there on the sides. Maybe because there they have given fixtures for tools like the jack, etc.

2. Agreed, mahindra has a long way to go. But aren't there unsatisfied Maruti customers there? I had an alto for 3 years so I have a first hand experience. I tried two major workshops in noida (Rohan & Vipul motors) and finally settled in on the third (Motorcraft).

Mahindra is not far behind when it comes to A.S.S. Please see this article
(India Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) Study | J.D. Power and Associates)
which indicates the JD power customer satisfaction index of last year and includes areas like service quality and problems experienced. Mahindra is second only to Maruti & Ford. And ranks above even global giants like Toyota and Honda.

Logan is a new car. But SX4 is not 10 years old! Both cars are new and us Indians are seeing them for the first time. Both have been a success in other markets. But in India, both will have to prove themselves in due period of time.

What I am trying to say is that I admit SX4 is a great car, but that does not make Logan rubbish.

cheers,
Ashutosh
Old 6th August 2007, 07:17   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What I am trying to say is that I admit SX4 is a great car, but that does not make Logan rubbish.
None of the cars are! Every car has its own good or bad points.
Have sent you a PM. Let's not go off-topic here.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 6th August 2007 at 07:31.
Old 6th August 2007, 11:27   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Mahindra is not far behind when it comes to A.S.S. Please see this article
(India Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) Study | J.D. Power and Associates)
which indicates the JD power customer satisfaction index of last year and includes areas like service quality and problems experienced. Mahindra is second only to Maruti & Ford. And ranks above even global giants like Toyota and Honda.
Impressive, but at the risk of going off-topic, just adding my views. Ford comes just after MUL here? Many people here would be surprised to know.

Most Viewed