Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2007, 17:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
The TDI engine is good.
Don't get the Dicor!
Any particular reason for not going in for the DICOR> They say its better n more responsive though the output figures are the same with respect to the hp and the torgue.
Old 20th July 2007, 18:20   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Any particular reason for not going in for the DICOR> They say its better n more responsive though the output figures are the same with respect to the hp and the torgue.
Well, check out the torque figures now. Recently in my conversation with a Tata guy I was told that the Dicor Indigo is being relaunched after some under the hood modifications. Its supposed to have a flatter torque curve now. If true that should translate into better driveability.
Old 20th July 2007, 18:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

The only all positive feedback of Indigo LX I have ever seen in this Forum....... . By the way I belive the car is a TDI isn't it ?
Old 20th July 2007, 18:36   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
But a higher rpm translates into higher max speed, isn't it?
Its like this, even if the redline is set higher you may never reach it unless driving on vast open stretches. And then too you will struggle. Unless of course the torque figure is well spread out through the entire range. And so you should be more concerned with how well the juice flows and starting from what rpm till where. That is what he meant.

Last edited by Zappo : 20th July 2007 at 18:37.
Old 21st July 2007, 12:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Wats all this talk of TATA having stopped the DICOR production for now. When is it going to be relaunched and what are the mods are we looking at?
Old 21st July 2007, 19:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

They are doing some modifications on the engine. About releasing only Tata guys knows it. They will keep the launch date comletely underwraps.
Old 21st July 2007, 20:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

As long as you do not have unrealistically high expectations the Indigo will not disappoint. It is a VFM vehicle which can be ery endearing if you take care of It. Much has been written about the quality of the plastics and the interiors but IMHO they are much better than in the LOGAN ( very Shar edges and Cardboard Feel). The engine may not be very refined but soldiers on manly. You could have a look at the new Dicor version.
Old 21st July 2007, 23:25   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
As long as you do not have unrealistically high expectations the Indigo will not disappoint. It is a VFM vehicle which can be ery endearing if you take care of It. Much has been written about the quality of the plastics and the interiors but IMHO they are much better than in the LOGAN ( very Shar edges and Cardboard Feel). The engine may not be very refined but soldiers on manly. You could have a look at the new Dicor version.
Yeah I agree with you on the logan front but then that is what it is meant to be. I am looking at the new dicor version only but still have heard so much negative about the tata cars that I am getting a bit aprehensive but after reading the threads here I am begining to get some of my cofidence back.
Old 22nd July 2007, 00:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

Niranjan, the Indigo is a good choice. I have always been a propogator of the Indigo for its various plus points. Firstly the inner cabin space. According to me its class leading. The new Dicor should be a pleasure to drive around with and they've taken good care regarding the insulation too. I only find one flaw which i hope they correct is the gearing. Its just not right. But at this price you cant get a better deal. I just happened to come across a friend who has owned an Indigo for the past 3 years and has clocked one lakh kilometers plus on it...1.25 plus actually and has had no complaints. Of course he has had minor irritants but those come with every car which is priced so. He loves it and is considering exchanging it for the new one. That should say something. So, go ahead I would say, buy the Indigo any day over Logan
Old 22nd July 2007, 10:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

Wandernomad,
A lot of the flack that Indica and the Indigo get comes from people who have never owned these cars? have owned the earlier versions. If the cars were as bad as they are made out to be they would not have been selling in such big numbers. Yes they do lack the sophistication and the refinement of a Honda, but then they are priced a lot cheaper.

A lot of of this is perception ( partly due to seeing a lot of broken down Indicas and Indigos on the road a majority of which are poorly maintained cabs/ company owned vehicles)which is a lot different from reality.

Take a couple of test drives from different dealers and then take your decision.
Old 22nd July 2007, 10:39   #26
BHPian

so can we expect indigo dicor with 92 bhp soon.............
Old 22nd July 2007, 11:07   #27
Senior - BHPian

Aaahhh....I would like to see a indigo dicor @ 92 bhp with the same price
Old 22nd July 2007, 12:39   #28

Thanks everybody for all your suggestions.
I went to Prerana on Lal bhaag road and took a TD for the second time, and surprisingly this time I was comfortable driving the diesel engine even in that heavy traffic. I do not know if my driving has improved or this was a better maintained car, anyways, this time Indigo stole my heart again. I have finally decided to go for Indigo.

The deal I have stuck with Prerana so far is,
Indigo – LS TDi, On road price 5,69,691
TATA+dealer discount 20,000
corporate discount 5,000
Extend warranty for 30 months 4,600
--------------
Price after discount 5,40,091

Freebies
Indilock remote central locking, costs about 5,500
Fabric seat cover, costs about 2,500
Garware basic sun film
Mud flaps, Floor mats. Boot mat, Perfume and car care polishing.

I think I can bargain for some more before I write the cheque.

I am planning to fit the following accessories.
Power windows – 13,500/-
Spoiler - 3500

Sony Xplod : CD/MP3 player
Sony head unit with USB and ipod connection – 8990 (not the final price)
Front round speaker – 1350 (for 2)
Rear oval speakers – 3450 (for 2) – 400 Watts

Couple of questions here.
  • Is it true that the artificial leather seat covers are not comfortable and that they dissipate heat.
  • Is Indilock, central locking a trusted brand, I haven’t heard of it before.
Any other feedback is welcome.

Last edited by DCEite : 22nd July 2007 at 20:13. Reason: Removed FONT tags
Old 23rd July 2007, 11:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

@Niranjan,

I have also decided to buy the INDIGO Marina LX DICOR. I also liked the engine response. The dealer is offering the following:-
1. TATA + Dealer discount 20,000
2. Corporate discount 6,000
Freebies Mus flaps, matting, gear lock, steering wheel cover.

I spoke to A One motors and Tayal Autos in Delhi.
Can anyone tell me if its ok. As I heard another dealer is offering the above freebies and 16,000 discount + Free Insurance as well?
Old 23rd July 2007, 14:31   #30

Hi wanderernomad,
16k + Free insurance is about 34k, and you are already getting 26k, so, if you negotiate you can get that additional 8K easily, if not in cash, they can offer you some accessories. Talk to them again. Today being 22nd, they should be little easy to negotiate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks