Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2007, 11:17   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumya View Post
My parents are going to buy a car and they have a budget at around 4 lakhs. We have shorlisted four cars :-

1) Spark LT
2) Getz Prime 1.1 GLE
3) Aveo U-VA 1.2
4) Swift LXi

Initially we were going for the Spark LT but my parents complained for the lack of space. We will be using the car mostly in the city. I will drive the car as soon as I have finished my driving lessons. After sales service should be good than a FIAT atleast. We will travel like 500 kms a month. Well, the this car will be father's first and last car and so we are keeping it forever. So guys, what do you say?
check out Indigo V series. The petrol one would be cheaper.

Swift , a no if you want space and quality. Getz and Aveo are good choice. But wont Aveo be the costliest if the lot?

edit: Chevrolet : Aveo U-VA : Models Base Aveo cost almost 4lac in Delhi!

Last edited by jkdas : 30th July 2007 at 11:23.
Old 31st July 2007, 17:12   #62
BHPian

A rumour is going around that Maruti will provide discounts on Swift from August. Do you guys have any news about that?
Old 31st July 2007, 18:56   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A rumour is going around that Maruti will provide discounts on Swift from August. Do you guys have any news about that?
There was this other rumour that Maruti is going to bring in the M series engine for the Swift. Infact, that is almost confirmed news.

May be, the dates are getting closer.
Old 31st July 2007, 19:21   #64
BHPian

hmmm...let me ask you guys another thing. i have learnt that the dealers give discounts if pressed hard upon. So what's the best way to get discounts and accessories from a particular dealer. And to all the Kolkata BHPIAN'S if anyone of you know a good maruti dealer who can give discounts and fit the swift in my budget, please reply.
Old 31st July 2007, 20:23   #65
BHPian

Anyone planning to buy swift wait for the M series. Maruti will bring M series for Wagon R & Zen also.
Old 31st July 2007, 20:28   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Anyone planning to buy swift wait for the M series. Maruti will bring M series for Wagon R & Zen also.
oh yes ! M series for the Estillo!
Old 31st July 2007, 20:29   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there any source for this information ?
Old 31st July 2007, 20:29   #68
Senior - BHPian

It will be the K series for the new WagonR (Splash).
Old 31st July 2007, 21:23   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
It will be the K series for the new WagonR (Splash).
Even i heard new M (replacing G) series for the Swift and new K (replacing F) series for new WagonR.

@ Soumya, is there only one Maruti dealership? if there are more than one, use their price qoutes against each other. This usually helps in getting better discounts.
Old 31st July 2007, 22:24   #70
BHPian

what benefit would d m series bring and wen will it be availaible?

@crzy

there are 7 dealers in kolkata!

Note from Mod - Please dont use SMS language on Team-BHP. Please type in full words as per the rules

Last edited by Rehaan : 31st July 2007 at 23:27. Reason: see note in post
Old 31st July 2007, 23:58   #71
Team-BHP Support

Have heard some people complaining that Swift has got a weak bottom end, while the top-end is awesome (much like the esteem it shares engine with, it has to be revved to have fun).

However, from the comments on the SX4 (has M series as well), the bottom end and mid-range seems better. The car could be more driveable in city conditions.

And also, the M series engine is modern compared to the current one.
Old 1st August 2007, 09:04   #72
BHPian

Can anyone provide the source for this information? And what's the time period from when it will be implemented. Will it affect the price of Swift?
Old 1st August 2007, 18:01   #73
BHPian

and more thing. the current situation is that my parents are pressing for getz 1.1 GLE (space,price) and santro XO model (lot's of features) and I am in for the Swift VXI model (looks, performance, fuel economy). my parents don't like the looks of swift and they are not keen on spending the extra money when they can get more SPACE in getz GLE 1.1 as they are not to keen on the performance factor.
Old 1st August 2007, 19:55   #74
BHPian

As youths, we tend to bias on looks and performance but old people consider the other factors as priority. Regarding the Mileage swift I think it will give 11-12 in city.
Old 1st August 2007, 22:02   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
and more thing. the current situation is that my parents are pressing for getz 1.1 GLE (space,price) and santro XO model (lot's of features) and I am in for the Swift VXI model (looks, performance, fuel economy). my parents don't like the looks of swift and they are not keen on spending the extra money when they can get more SPACE in getz GLE 1.1 as they are not to keen on the performance factor.
Thats understandable.

One or the other will have to be compromised, thats there in every car purchase. Finding the best package suitable for all of you is the difficult thing. And as for the source of info http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...o+get+M+series
Closed Thread

Most Viewed