Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2007, 20:35   #16
BHPian

You cannot expect jap levels of refinement (not suzuki) in a sporty italian engine. It is a noisy engine and there is no doubt about that. Nevertheless, it just sounds that way, its pretty smooth for a non - jap engine. Only a few owners would call it a noise though, its more of an Italian symphony to me. Infact you will hear the engine more with the windows rolled up, reason being that the windows cut out almost all possible outside noise. So the engine is the only thing you will hear.
I think you are the sort of guy who'd prefer a silent cabin. If thats a priority, Palio 1.6 is something you would have to either skip or compromise and live with. Getz is probably more refined.
Old 4th August 2007, 21:30   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
So the engine is the only thing you will hear.
Two weeks back, went to TATA-FIAT showroom, and the sales-guy started the Palio Stile 1.6 for us, with us standing near the car.

My father was like 'Is this a diesel variant?'

Anyways, i like cars to have a sporty sound inside, specially with higher revs. Rather than it being too silent!
Old 4th August 2007, 23:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Two weeks back, went to TATA-FIAT showroom, and the sales-guy started the Palio Stile 1.6 for us, with us standing near the car.

My father was like 'Is this a diesel variant?'
Does your dad drive a S class?

Wonder what he would say if he was standing next to a Palio S10.
Old 4th August 2007, 23:46   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Does your dad drive a S class?
Its not that in-cabin noise i am referring. The car when has a high noise when cranked, which settles down after a few secs (we were standing outside the car).
Old 5th August 2007, 02:12   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsingh08 View Post
@manjubp: You meant Palio has big cabin noise right? Your post was funny.

Can anyone comment on cabin noise in Swift vs Getz. Anybody own both?

Amit
Amit,

Oopps, for the confusion. I own Swift and my comment was for Swift, which I own. The swift's noise insultaion ability is very minimum. You can hear other road used conversation also inside the car, without any issues, when all window are rolled up. The tire noise is also heard very clearly.

regards,
-manju
Old 6th August 2007, 01:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Its not that in-cabin noise i am referring. The car when has a high noise when cranked, which settles down after a few secs (we were standing outside the car).
Yup, agree with that as well. It is a bit loud at start up, especially the S10, thanks to that chrome tipped exhaust. But its loud only after the first crank of the day and not otherwise.
Old 6th August 2007, 12:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

Mine is Apr 2005 1.2 Sport model. Never faced cabin noise as such... Once I was doing 90-100 on Pune - Mumbai Expway, she was so quite that once I was worried whether the engine is runing or not.. But then I have tacho in my babe so was amazed by the total silence in the cabin.. Though I like to hear the engine noise more than audio system... Man you should hear S10 engine noise... Sooooooo tempting
Old 6th August 2007, 13:09   #23
BHPian

I love to hear my Palio engine music (for me its not noise!). But its not much audiable inside cabin. I could hear it properly only when I rev it hard in 2nd or 3rd gear. But I could not it for a long time :-(
Old 6th August 2007, 14:37   #24
BHPian

well my 2006 1.2 is dead silent when its idealing. but when i rev up then the K&N extreme starts talking and he is loud....I love it. On a serious note the pre nv days palios were way quieter.. they has a dampening material on the underside of the bonnet and a lot of rubber padding here and there. The post nv (non stile) palios are not as quieter as the old ones.. stile has a lighter sheet in comparison to its old counterpart .. may be thats the reason why its a lil louder but its not that noisy inside. The radiator fan is the one which is the noisiest....
Old 6th August 2007, 14:58   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
You cannot expect jap levels of refinement (not suzuki) in a sporty italian engine. It is a noisy engine and there is no doubt about that. Nevertheless, it just sounds that way, its pretty smooth for a non - jap engine. Only a few owners would call it a noise though, its more of an Italian symphony to me..
I agree with that.

I own 2006 - 1.6 sport....i would not say that its totally silent. it has revving sound which a anyone driving sports engine would like to hear. There is no unwanted noise inside cabin. Whenever the coolling kicks in, you will hear the sweet cooling sound inside. It give more of a Formila 1 car feel IMO.

Just to test, start the car, do not start blower or ac. and try to all the noise, here you should hear a very minimul or nil sound.

Afterall its sports hatch...
Old 6th August 2007, 17:21   #26
Team-BHP Support

TD'ed the 1.6 today.

And yes, engine noise intrudes into the cabin above 3000 rpm.

And ya, i liked it. Kinda sporty sound! But cranking sound and idle sound got to be taken care of!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks