Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2007, 00:46   #1
BHPian

Does Palio suffer from cabin noise?

I really like Palio Stile 1.6; for performance and current price.

But after a TD, I was disapointed to hear significant cabin noise. I dont remember hearing that in Getz TD. Any insight?

Also considering Swift - how's the cabin noise?

Thanks

Amit
None [hide]
Old 28th July 2007, 11:42   #2
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsingh08 View Post

Thanks

Amit
None
None . It feels like you are on the road, and no difference between on the road and inside the car

regards,
-manju
Old 28th July 2007, 12:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

I don't know about the Stile but the 2003 S10 that I have is silent and doesn't have any excessive cabin noise. Maybe you should drive another demo car to see if all Stiles have this problem or if it was specific to that model.

What kind of noise is there? I, personally, find the wind noise around the door mirrors and the A pillar very irritating. The last generation Camry and the Mark V VW Jetta (Skoda Laura equivalent VW model) had a lot of this wind noise.
Old 28th July 2007, 12:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsingh08 View Post
I really like Palio Stile 1.6; for performance and current price.

But after a TD, I was disapointed to hear significant cabin noise. I dont remember hearing that in Getz TD. Any insight?

Thanks

Amit
None [hide]

try taking a TD again and this time open the window to see if there is any difference.. could be that there were very noisy vehicles that time. i think few cars can sufficently dampen the sound of a high pitched auto engine
Old 28th July 2007, 13:19   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I don't know about the Stile but the 2003 S10 that I have is silent and doesn't have any excessive cabin noise. Maybe you should drive another demo car to see if all Stiles have this problem or if it was specific to that model.

What kind of noise is there? I, personally, find the wind noise around the door mirrors and the A pillar very irritating. The last generation Camry and the Mark V VW Jetta (Skoda Laura equivalent VW model) had a lot of this wind noise.
When I pressed the accelerator; the noise increased. So this should be engine noise.

I noticed this in my second Palio TD; and was surprised didnt notice before.

To be sure, I'm TDing again today. Different dealer; 1.6 Stile.

@manjubp: You meant Palio has big cabin noise right? Your post was funny.

Can anyone comment on cabin noise in Swift vs Getz. Anybody own both?

Amit
Old 28th July 2007, 14:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

Didn't find it noisy at all. I sat in bottle's car for a good 100+ kms doing 140kmph & it was pretty quiet. Something to do with the demo car.
Old 28th July 2007, 14:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

the radiator fan i think is very very loud in palio .. so maybe the damping material used in engine bay is not up to the mark ?
Old 28th July 2007, 16:49   #8
BHPian

I have a 5 year old 1.2 and the cabin is quite silent except for my loud music...
Old 28th July 2007, 21:11   #9
BHPian

when I roll up the windows in my 2001 model Siena I couldnt even hear the car horns properly I dont know which Demo car u got for TD
Old 28th July 2007, 21:23   #10
Senior - BHPian

My Palio 1.2 2004 model doesn't have any cabin noise!

Just try driving with all the windows closed and see if there is still any noise.

Last edited by finneyp : 28th July 2007 at 21:34.
Old 28th July 2007, 21:31   #11
Senior - BHPian

Engine noise is very well damped till almost 3000rpm. Even after that it takes on a very sporty rasp which is exciting to hear so I wouldn't call it noise.

Are you sure it's not the tyres that are noisy? Some tyres tend to be noisy. The Bridgestones on my S10 were noiser then the Michellin's I have now. Ensure that you test drive cars with different brand of tyres and things should be more clear.
Old 28th July 2007, 22:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

The cabin of my 2002 Palio 1.2 ELX is silent as a tomb. Literally zero engine noise from the car itself with the ICE even at very low volumes. It was mostly that way even before the (ICE) damping job was done about 7 months back. It has to be:
a) Something with the demo car.
b) Something that changed during the "Stile"ing.
c) The tyres.
d) Bad/Ill fitted rubber beading in the doors.
e) One of the doors was not closed properly when you did the TD. (Most likely).

Last edited by hydrashok : 28th July 2007 at 22:57.
Old 28th July 2007, 23:43   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
e) One of the doors was not closed properly when you did the TD. (Most likely).
or one(or most) of the windows were not rolled up fully. Demo cars are just demo cars.
Old 28th July 2007, 23:53   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Engine noise is very well damped till almost 3000rpm. Even after that it takes on a very sporty rasp which is exciting to hear so I wouldn't call it noise.

Are you sure it's not the tyres that are noisy? Some tyres tend to be noisy. The Bridgestones on my S10 were noiser then the Michellin's I have now. Ensure that you test drive cars with different brand of tyres and things should be more clear.
.. though I had a Palio 1.2 before but cannot remember any noise inside the cabin other than the sporty engine sound (obviously not as good as the 1.6 but quite good).. I have not driven a Getz so cannot comment, but there is quite a bit of sound in all the swifts (in fact almost all maruti cars) that I have driven... in fact one of my friends was quite irritated with the rattling sounds coming from his swift just a few days after he bought it...
Old 4th August 2007, 17:11   #15
BHPian

Dear Friends

I did another TD of the Stile 1.6 (report available, follow the link).

I wish one of the S10/NV owners could TD the 1.6 stile. My opinion is that significant engine noise is there.

I also wanted to thank each and everyone. Rarely have I seen a community, online or offline, that is so helpful and collectively creates so much value. Thank You.

Amit

Last edited by Zappo : 5th August 2007 at 21:28. Reason: Cross linking to the TD report done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks