Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2007, 15:28   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lucan View Post
But then, if I get Prime/U-VA converted to LPG after 3 years
You would end up losing the already tiny boot space in the hatch. I think if one is buying a hatch, that too for driving family around etc, dont have the idea of converting to LPG. Even the smell could be an issue (not sure if thats the case for good quality conversion kits though)

If fuel economy is of atmost importance, I would suggest waiting for Getz diesel or Indica Dicor. From current models, it is a toss up b/w Getz 1.3 and UVA.

Good Luck!
Old 5th September 2007, 17:41   #32
BHPian

U-VA TD at Grauda

Garuda guys (unlike Sundaram) were prompt in getting the TD vehicle. Took a TD from Innovative Multiplex till Akme Ballet in the ORR. It was raining at that time with fairly less traffic
* Suspension/ride/build quality, I will not talk about too much- same as in the prev TD report from Sundaram
* Engine is more than sufficient in fast moving traffic, I never felt the need for additional power
* Traffic was piling up near the railway under-pass, noticed severe water logging of 1 to 1.5 feet. Cars, Autos were turning back. Sales guy told drive on, the car can easily handle it and it did.
* The TD car has done 11k+ Kms and there was absolutely no rattles. Just love the way it handled.

Decided on booking the U-VA.

The next question was on whether U-VA base or U-VA LS. [Difference is 50K]. Actually U-VA base + Power windows (15K) + Alloys (20K) + Seat covers (??) makes much more sense than LS model. But my leasing company will not finance for accessories, hence decided on the LS model.

I am getting a corporate discount of 8K + remote locking. Is this decent? What are the offers for U-VA on other cities? Please help me out guys, I should be booking my car tomorrow.
Old 5th September 2007, 18:39   #33

What is the on the road price at Bangalore? How does it compare with the OTR price of Gets 1.3 there? At Chennai, OTR price of Getz 1.3 GLS was less than that of UV-A LS, that too with better specifications and utilities - thanks to the offers. Is it not the same in Bangalore?

In that case, wouldn't Getz GLS be a better choice?
Old 5th September 2007, 20:38   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Garuda guys (unlike Sundaram) were prompt in getting the TD vehicle. Took a TD from Innovative Multiplex till Akme Ballet in the ORR. It was raining at that time with fairly less traffic
* Suspension/ride/build quality, I will not talk about too much- same as in the prev TD report from Sundaram
* Engine is more than sufficient in fast moving traffic, I never felt the need for additional power
* Traffic was piling up near the railway under-pass, noticed severe water logging of 1 to 1.5 feet. Cars, Autos were turning back. Sales guy told drive on, the car can easily handle it and it did.
* The TD car has done 11k+ Kms and there was absolutely no rattles. Just love the way it handled.

Decided on booking the U-VA.

The next question was on whether U-VA base or U-VA LS. [Difference is 50K]. Actually U-VA base + Power windows (15K) + Alloys (20K) + Seat covers (??) makes much more sense than LS model. But my leasing company will not finance for accessories, hence decided on the LS model.

I am getting a corporate discount of 8K + remote locking. Is this decent? What are the offers for U-VA on other cities? Please help me out guys, I should be booking my car tomorrow.
Congrats Lord. Did you TD the Spark just for kicks.. PM EatMydust for details on UVA. He got one after months of research.
Old 6th September 2007, 09:42   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolspeed View Post
What is the on the road price at Bangalore? How does it compare with the OTR price of Gets 1.3 there? At Chennai, OTR price of Getz 1.3 GLS was less than that of UV-A LS, that too with better specifications and utilities - thanks to the offers. Is it not the same in Bangalore?

In that case, wouldn't Getz GLS be a better choice?
I quote the Ex-showroom prices below
U-VA LS 4.42L
Getz GLS ~4.85L

In Bangalore, the current (today's) offer for Getz 1.3 is around 27K, include loyalty/exchange bonus which I am not entitled to and for U-VA it is 8K + free remote locking. So still the margin of different is significant.

Assuming that the prices of LS and GLS are the same, then it will be tough choice
* Engine - Getz
* Gearbox - Getz [Just fantastic]
* Interiors - Getz
* Equipment levels - Getz
* Ride quality + Suspension - U-VA [More so on bad roads, GC is 188mm in U-VA, 160mm in Getz.]
* Build quality - U-VA
* City driving - U-VA (Subjective)
* Highways - Getz
* Maintenance costs - U-VA [Not more than 15K for 3 years]
* Resale value - (Subjective)
* A.S.S - HMIL scores but in a city like Bangalore, there will be not much difference

For my kind-off usage (90% in Bangalore city), U-VA seems to be a better choice.
Old 6th September 2007, 10:27   #36
BANNED

go for uva u wont regret it except for say resale value. but if u want to keep the car for more than 5 years it doesnt really matter. go in for the base model of uva, if you are not to keen on power windows and central locking(like me, i dont care)!
Old 6th September 2007, 11:41   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Congrats Lord. Did you TD the Spark just for kicks.. PM EatMydust for details on UVA. He got one after months of research.
Thank you Nimz. I never TD'ed the Spark. Actually it was the only car on my shortlist, when I started but my wife vetoed, she wants a bigger car.

Checked out EMD's and Kumar's thread on U-VA, I guess the offer I got is decent.

Even in today's TOI ad, discounts were galore for Optra petrol and Aveo but nothing for U-VA. I guess another indication that sales of U-VA are picking up
Old 6th September 2007, 13:32   #38

True. If the offer for GLS at Bangalore is only 27k, that too inclusive of 20k exchange offer, then the effective discount would be only 7k-the Getz would continue to be pricey. UV-A makes perfect sense as i felt that the performance is more than adequate for city needs.

My query was based on my decision to go for it as (at Chennai) the UV-A @5 Lakh OTR was costlier than Getz GLS @ 4.93 Lakh OTR (post offers).

Congratulations !
Old 6th September 2007, 19:05   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Nimz. I never TD'ed the Spark. Actually it was the only car on my shortlist, when I started but my wife vetoed, she wants a bigger car.

Checked out EMD's and Kumar's thread on U-VA, I guess the offer I got is decent.

Even in today's TOI ad, discounts were galore for Optra petrol and Aveo but nothing for U-VA. I guess another indication that sales of U-VA are picking up
If you want big then the UVA it is.. and its a nice sophisticated looking car as well..
Old 6th September 2007, 20:10   #40
BHPian

Not trying to discourage u but, i feel the gear-box on the UVA is absolutely horrible.

I'd give it a 2/10, if you wish- I will give you a TD on my car.
The TD car i drove at Sundaram's had a butter smooth gear shift. I guess I got carried away by that.

I'd rate the performance/ acceleration at 3/10. I personally wish I'd bought the Stile 1.6 now.

Please make sure, you know what should expect once you've bought the car.

As reg. the ride quality, space, the wow factor, I think there's no other choice.

FE is very decent too, I'm getting 12.something nowadays. Think you'll get almost the same from Swifts and Getz 1.3s.

Try to haggle for discounts and freebies. Ask him if the Power-windows kit is available as an after-market if you buy the Base. You can save a lot of money there.

My choice of colour is the icy blue, the car looks absolutely sexy.

Enjoy your purchase experience! PM me for anymore info, glad to be of help!
Old 7th September 2007, 10:18   #41
BHPian

EMD thanks for your inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyDust View Post
Not trying to discourage u but, i feel the gear-box on the UVA is absolutely horrible.
I did see your thread on gearbox problems in your U-VA. I checked the gear box in the display vehicles. TD vehicles and vehicles that were about to be delivered in both Sundaram and Garuda, found all to be decent. In my first TD, I did have some problem slotting it into the 4th gear, the sales guy told me that if I depress the clutch fully, then slotting it into any gear will be easy and he was right.

Quote:
I'd give it a 2/10, if you wish- I will give you a TD on my car.
The TD car i drove at Sundaram's had a butter smooth gear shift. I guess I got carried away by that.
I will rate the gearbox on par with Santro, I just hope that my opinion will not change after I get my car
The good thing is if the TD car has a butter smooth gear shift, then your gearbox can also be worked upon to get the same smoothness. If Sundaram guys are not able to do it, may be Garuda can help. I can put in a word, if you wish.

Quote:
I'd rate the performance/ acceleration at 3/10. I personally wish I'd bought the Stile 1.6 now.

Please make sure, you know what should expect once you've bought the car.
If you compare it with Stile 1.6, then I think you are spot on. I think performance will be more than adequate for city commute.

Quote:
As reg. the ride quality, space, the wow factor, I think there's no other choice.

FE is very decent too, I'm getting 12.something nowadays. Think you'll get almost the same from Swifts and Getz 1.3s.
Good to know, all very important factors for me. Thank you. What is your driving stile? sedate or like to floor the accelerator when ever possible?

Quote:
Try to haggle for discounts and freebies. Ask him if the Power-windows kit is available as an after-market if you buy the Base. You can save a lot of money there.
Yes, power window kits are available in after-market [~15K for all four]. Base in definitely more VFM than LS. I went for the LS as my leasing company will not be financing for accessories [then no tax benefits for me]

Quote:
My choice of colour is the icy blue, the car looks absolutely sexy.
Nice choice. I short listed platinum metallic and Cashmere, finalized on the latter.

Quote:
Enjoy your purchase experience! PM me for anymore info, glad to be of help!
Thank you. I have booked it yesterday [and will not be turning back on it now]. I still should have PM'ed you before booking the car, lets try to catch up some time.
Old 8th September 2007, 10:41   #42
BANNED

yesterday i test drove all three cars uva swift and getz: this is wat i found:

Swift: pros: Excellent driveability, smooth drive ,excellent stearing,brand maruti in india is big in terms of service and resale value

cons: poor space in front but more so in rear,poor suspension, very common nowadays

Getz1.1: pros: spacious, good features(in base model unlike in uva where these features are only in top model) like rear saet 60:40 folding, rear defogger,tilt straering ; suspension is exellent; ;good gear box.brand hyundai is better in terms of resale and *** than chevy.

cons: driveabilty was not upto the mark,power stearing was bad,

Uva: pros: good looks, feel of a big car from outside as well as when u sit inside it, driveabilty is not as good as swift but much better than getz 1.1; excellent suspension.

cons: brand chevy not to popular in india so resale and *** will be poor. features like tilt stearing and seat folding are only in top models unlike getz!
im confused which one shud i go for. plz help me!
Old 8th September 2007, 23:36   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post

Getz 1.3, as far as I know (basically two guys who these), will return you around 11.5 kmpl in city with AC. Not sure about the Prime 1.1 though.
I am getting 11 in city with AC

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks