Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2007, 15:38   #1

Indica Xeta...Manufacturing fault

Need your Suggestions/advice on :

I bought an Indica last year( Oct '06) and it is giving me trouble.
At times ,the car refuses to pick - up speed and with full throttle at accelerator, manages to come to life bit by bit making me at the receiving end of vehicles behind me. There is no set time or pattern for this but it keeps on happening frequently.
I complained regarding the same to the TATA dealer in Ghaziabad(from where the vehicle was bought) - Sreenathji Motors, The car went to their workshop not once but twice and came back with a guarantee that the things were right.
It was not , then I was told to contact the TATA dealer in Noida - Nwab Motors , I did and they promptly changed the fuel Box stating that it could be the cause and sent me back. The Problem remained.
Now TATA wants me to contact the TATA dealer in gurgaon which I have refused and i am adamant on getting it resolved and get a compensation, but don't know how?
Ironically on my second visit to sreenathji motors, i met a couple of customers with the same problem and a technician also mentioned that it could be a manufacturing defect.

Pls suggest.

( Will Core be helpful ?)
Old 31st July 2007, 16:12   #2
BHPian

I would suggest you to talk directly to the TATA people. My uncle's Xeta also had a manufacturing defect. His complaint was taken seriously only once he escalated it to the Tata officials.
In case it does not cause much inconvenience, you can take your car to the dealer in Gurgaon .
Old 31st July 2007, 18:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

Search other threads for tata regional sales management contacts/email IDs. That has known to have gotten prompt and final resolutions.
Old 31st July 2007, 19:04   #4
Team-BHP Support

You could write to the magazines. I have this personal experience with OVERDRIVE magazine where they helped me out directly by contacting the head of the company.

If you are going the legal way, these threads could be of use.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...ctive-car.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...+case+in+court

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 31st July 2007 at 19:06.
Old 31st July 2007, 19:58   #5
BANNED

Please sign up on the Tata Indica User Group on Yahoo groups. They will likely help you out. The group has a few tata people "watching the proceedings", so you are likely to be taken seriously.
Old 31st July 2007, 22:45   #6
BHPian

My colleague's xeta has the exact problem that you mentioned. I drove it one for around 150km, first 100 kms it was ok, but the next 50 odd kms, it always felt like the engine would die any moment, it would refuse to accelerate, even a 10kmph to 20kmph would take more than 15 secs. The same problem had occured in his car a few other times, but as you had said, there was no set pattern.

Perhaps, i could check up with him and give you an update.

regards
tifosi.
Old 31st July 2007, 23:06   #7
BHPian

@tifosi : There was no problem with krish's car this time he took it to the Yelagiri hills. Maybe it was due to the cooler climes. Have to check out on hotter days.

Heard this might be a problem due to a faulty Ignition coil ??
Old 31st July 2007, 23:16   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
@tifosi : There was no problem with krish's car this time he took it to the Yelagiri hills. Maybe it was due to the cooler climes. Have to check out on hotter days.

Heard this might be a problem due to a faulty Ignition coil ??
That still doesn't explain why it happened a few times and secondly the way it behaved(as you are aware) was very strange. Engine never died, but you feel that there was absolutely no life when you try to accelerate, there was a huge lag between the stimuli (literally flooring the accelerator) and respone (the real acceleration).

Secondly, drive to yelagiri, i am sure would have been a gentle one, cruising around 80 to 100kms, perhaps the trigger for the malfunction could be higher temperature or pressure or something which might not have been breached during the drive.

It might happen again, who knows, because still we dont know the genesis of the problem.
Old 1st August 2007, 00:07   #9
BHPian

youch thats got to hurt!
why sell such a crappy product, if its not ready for the roads.
i also do feal the ignition coil is at fault here!
Old 1st August 2007, 00:13   #10
Team-BHP Support

Hey, its the clutch. Will happen to any vehicle. It is a classic case of overheated clutch. When that happens the vehicle feels like a ton of bricks. It refuses to accelerate. This problem saw a real spurt a few days back when the temperatures were running real high. Added to that the bumper to bumper grind with continuous clutch riding saw this happen in a good few cars. But it can happen any time if your clutch gets overheated.
Old 8th August 2007, 22:19   #11
BHPian

I know couple of guys who had the same problem with Indica petrol. Finally it was solved by simply adding additives in the petrol (branded System G by Tata) It seems Indica petrol is very sensitive to poor petrol

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks