Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2007, 23:04   #16

This weekend, I think I am going to try TD of Palio 1.6, Getz1.3 and Aveo-UVA. After the solid advice that I have been getting, I think I should not worry too much about the ABS part. My stretch budget is 5.5 Lacs for on road price. UVA I thought was priced higher, so I had left it out. I went to the GM showroom and looked at it though, looks like a decent car. What I had not done till now is that I haven't test driven any car except the Swift. I will TD and get back with my report/questions
Old 12th August 2007, 12:07   #17

I had been to the Hyundai showroom yesterday. Getz 1.3, the non-abs version, was quoted at 5.67. But the sales guys themselves said anything over 10kmpl mileage is a bonus. The car is solid though. Very good leg room and once you bang the door shut you realize how solidly it has been built. Work in office is keeping me very busy these days and hence by the time I reached the showroom, the TD car was unavailable.
Next I went to Mandovi and then to Sagar automobiles to check out the swift. At both these places the sales ex lived upto maruti standards. Pure arrogance. They did not have a car on display, TD car was unavailable and all they wanted to tell me was the price + "No discounts sir, this is a hot selling car and that is the reason we cannot afford to keep a car on display in the showroom, even that gets sold". After all this they still make a lot of money. You never know, it could be a trick from Maruti just to tell their customers that swift is the best. I myself own a M800 since the last 8 yrs and was very disappointed with this attitude of maruti. By the time I came to the Tata showroom, it was closing down. Not a very bright weekend for me.
I will have to wait for another weekend to TD the cars. But tell me one thing, is it worth to pay 5.67 for a Getz when the top end model of Swift is available at 5.87? I initially started off with 5.5, but now I guess, I would have to stretch a little.
Old 12th August 2007, 14:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

Rajeev, before you make the final call, test drive Palio Stile 1.6 too!

Palio 1.6 priced at 4.8 lacs OTR (Blore) is a great Value for Money!
You will get a mileage of 10 - 11 kmpl in City and 13 - 16 kmpl on Highways!
Old 12th August 2007, 16:13   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit15 View Post
Palio depreciates faster than any other car in its segment. One of my colleagues is selling his old car. See below :

[FONT=Helv][SIZE=1]Make: Fiat
Model: 2002 Palio
Version: 1.6 GTX Petrol (Top End Model)
Accessories: Power Steering, Power Windows, Alloy Wheels, All 4 New Tyres, Leather Seats,
Kenwood MP3 player with Aux Input
Color : Sliver
Mileage: 64,000 KM
Expected price: 1,35,000 (Negotiable)
[/SIZE][/FONT]

I dont think so...
1.6 GTX or say hyun accent etc are older generation cars.
They will depreciate fast henceforth.

Last year I checked accent 2003 (GVS i guess. The AC, PS etc one), friend's friend was the owner.
Good condition (I mean, nothing to say that that was the best maintained one), but well maintained.
Asking price was 2.5. Could have negotiated.
But then... all these are older gen models.

Old zen sells, cos the new one's a complete crap.
If newer zen was a progression rather than a regression, we would have seen a similar plunge in the old zen prices in the 2nds market.
Old 15th August 2007, 00:13   #20

finney, can you pls tell me about fiat service/spares in Bangalore. I posted the same query to gudda also but the post seems to have disappeared. Do not remember the topic. Your experience pls. I am really in a fix on whether to go in for Getz1.3 or Palio1.6
Old 15th August 2007, 12:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hi Rajeev, Fiat-Tata Service in Bangalore is quite good, we have 3 Tata-Fiat ASC and 1 Multibrand SC (GreenTracks), and they are doing a decent job for Fiat cars.

Spares: I had to change my front & rear bumper on two different occasions, and both the times, bumper was readily available at Fiat-Tata ASC.
I guess fast-moving spares are mostly available at Fiat-Tata ASC.

Last edited by finneyp : 15th August 2007 at 12:38.
Old 15th August 2007, 12:52   #22

Finney, where are the service centers located in Bangalore? I just came back from Manipal Motors. Had gone to check if they were open by any chance, they weren't unfortunately.
Old 15th August 2007, 13:11   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Hi Rajeev, Fiat-Tata Service in Bangalore is quite good, we have 3 Tata-Fiat ASC and 1 Multibrand SC (GreenTracks), and they are doing a decent job for Fiat cars.

Spares: I had to change my front & rear bumper on two different occasions, and both the times, bumper was readily available at Fiat-Tata ASC.
I guess fast-moving spares are mostly available at Fiat-Tata ASC.

Hi Finney,

Even i am in a dilemma to choose Fiat cuz most of my friends are asking me about the service and value.... i love the car and only thing i was concerned in the Fiat-tata Service and Dealership..!..

- Which is the best Dealer and SC in bangaore....?

Thanks for your comments....
Old 15th August 2007, 23:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevng View Post
Finney, where are the service centers located in Bangalore?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~ View Post
Hi Finney,
- Which is the best Dealer and SC in bangaore....?
Tata-Fiat ASC in Blore:
1. Manipal Motors, Airport Road / Hebbal Ring Road
2. Concorde Motors, Hosur Road
3. Prerna Motors, Old Madras Road (near Big Bazaar)

4. Green Tracks, Hosur Road (Tata ASC but service Fiat cars too.)

Difficult to say who is the Best dealer / SC, all three dealers/SC are equally good. Even GreenTracks service is good too.
Old 16th August 2007, 16:41   #25
BHPian

Finneyp,

Last but not the least to mention "Hariprasad Automobiles" which seems to be good in services...
Old 21st August 2007, 02:18   #26

I'm sorry for being slightly off the topic but since a mention has been made here,

@finneyp - Can you please tell me as to which dealer is offering Palio 1.6 for 4.8 L OTR in bangalore coz I'm under the impression that the price quoted is 5.08 L with a discount of 10 K + 4K corporate discount + goodies worth 5K (approx). Also do we have to pay for the extended warranty ?
Old 21st August 2007, 11:22   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
Can you please tell me as to which dealer is offering Palio 1.6 for 4.8 L OTR in bangalore coz I'm under the impression that the price quoted is 5.08 L with a discount of 10 K + 4K corporate discount + goodies worth 5K (approx). Also do we have to pay for the extended warranty ?
Stargazer, a PUG Member recently bought a Palio Stile 1.6 for 4.8 lakhs OTR from Prerna Motors, Bangalore.

Extended Warranty is optional.
Old 21st August 2007, 12:02   #28
BHPian

Check with manipal motors near tata silk form they have good deals as well when I enquired before buying my swift they offered the car @ ins free, corporate disc of 8k, Mp3 player with 4 speakers and if you already own a car another 5k discount.
Old 21st August 2007, 12:45   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Stargazer, a PUG Member recently bought a Palio Stile 1.6 for 4.8 lakhs OTR from Prerna Motors, Bangalore.

Extended Warranty is optional.
Extended Warranty has been offered free of cost by dealers from Day1.
Old 21st August 2007, 13:03   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevng View Post
finney, can you pls tell me about fiat service/spares in Bangalore. I posted the same query to gudda also but the post seems to have disappeared. Do not remember the topic. Your experience pls. I am really in a fix on whether to go in for Getz1.3 or Palio1.6
Some time, the Team-bhp site was blocked in my company hence couldn't get your post.

Palio 1.6 is much more than Getz 1.3 in all front except rear-leg space and ABS. Palio 1.6 is VFM. In bangalore, service for FIAT cars is good and in future too. On all other front, already finneyp is said.

Bargain hard with the dealers and if you are going through bank loan, make sure you get the best deal by dealing with them during month-end, as banks or the dealers may need to meet some targets, and they may offer some good deals.

Do not go for any accessories from the dealers (Except mats, mudflaps) and ask for cash discount. That's how you may get at 4.8L OTR.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks