Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2007, 13:18   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Finney,

Even i am in a dilemma to choose Fiat cuz most of my friends are asking me about the service and value.... i love the car and only thing i was concerned in the Fiat-tata Service and Dealership..!..

- Which is the best Dealer and SC in bangaore....?
Vinz...Those days of poor FIAT service centers are gone I guess..Kudos to FIAT-TATA bonding...But Something I have found out from my experience is that ,I always found the old guys who have been handling FIAT servicing before TATA-FIAT are more knowledgeable and experience than the TATAs...I think it will take time for them to get trained...But I like their process of getting the feedback and satisfaction level of the customer..
I have been servicing my car in GREENTRACKS and I am satisfied with their service...And they take good care of the car too...
Quote:
I am really in a fix on whether to go in for Getz1.3 or Palio1.6
@rajivng...Please do have a TD with PALIO 1.6 and GETZ.You will definitely be amazed of the build quality of the palio.If you are ready to compromise a bit with the FE..I will definitely suggest you to go for PALIO1.6
Old 21st August 2007, 13:35   #32
BHPian

rajeev, i suggest u to go for SWIFT.
i have been drivin it since june2005, done 14k+, still no rattlin, no squeaks, no replacements done...... only thing changed is the engine oil (synth) i am getting 11-12kmpl city and 15-16 kmpl highways without sweating...... and also i dont know abt the bad exp., u have witnessed in the showroom , i had had good exp.,in the past..

if u can afford lil less mileage, then dont think toomuch go for PALIO 1.6(not the PALIO 1.1), its a good car.....

and as far as GETZ is concerned the only plus point in tat car is the extra rear leg space, other than tat is not a VFM car.....

happy motorin drive safe....
Old 21st August 2007, 13:42   #33
BHPian

Isnt PALIO coming anymore with ABS ??...They had the higher end versions in older palios with ABS...ANd AS per my understanding my PALIO-D has ABS...
Old 21st August 2007, 20:08   #34

I checked out at Manipal Motors @ Tata Silk Farm last month for the Palio 1.6. As I have already mentioned, they offered 10K as discount as shown in advertisements + 4K (only) as corporate discount + "5K worth accessories like sunfilm etc." (I wonder what that etc. is). Total of about 19K. Mats as usual.. but no MP3 player or speakers. Also, I apparently have to pay 4K for extended warranty. I'm not sure if this is for the 4th year... I only wish it is. Any thoughts ?
Old 21st August 2007, 20:12   #35

I checked out at Manipal Motors atTata Silk Farm last month for the Palio 1.6. As I have already mentioned, they offered 10K as discount as shown in advertisements + 4K (only) as corporate discount + "5K worth accessories like sunfilm etc." (I wonder what that etc. is). Total of about 19K. Mats as usual.. but no MP3 player or speakers. Also, I apparently have to pay 4K for extended warranty. I'm not sure if this is for the 4th year. I only wish it is.
Old 21st August 2007, 20:14   #36

As of I know, Palio provides optional ABS only in Adventure.
Old 21st August 2007, 23:27   #37

Thank you all for such good inputs. I test drove the Swift, Palio and Getz. I finally settled for the Getz1.1. FE was one thing that was always on my mind and the other thing is my father should be able to use it too. My father was not too much for power. He liked the space in the Getz and felt very comfortable driving it. I did realize that one can feel the power difference but had to make a decision within several constraints. I also felt it was very comfortable for city driving and one of my friends is gettnig around 12.5-13 in the city. It is going to cost me 4.88 on road. I am on the last leg of completing the financing formalities. I should be taking the delivery in about a week from now.
Will keep posting my experiences with the Getz1.1

Thanks,
Rajeev
Old 22nd August 2007, 13:24   #38
BHPian

If you ask me.. wait till fabia arrives I belive it's gonna steal the show from swift and getz
Old 22nd August 2007, 14:43   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunghatge View Post
If you ask me.. wait till fabia arrives I belive it's gonna steal the show from swift and getz
.... If it is priced at 7-8 lacs, who is interested in what FABIA steals. Lets not make castles in air. Ground reality is that both GETZ and Swift are good cars, and there nothing special FABIA has to offer. Its going to do another SRV. Thats is it. Extra premium hatches ... who needs them ? I am better of with a SX4 or Verna.
Old 23rd August 2007, 19:49   #40
BHPian

Prerana Motors is offering 10K cash discount + 5 K corporate discount + free extended warranty(5K) reducing the OTR price from 5.07 to 4.87. This was just on a cold call, I think he would come down a little bit if I show real interest. And if you're exchanging an old car, there's scope for another 10-15K reduction.

Overall, I think the 4.7-4.8L OTR price is unbeatable, no other car even comes close.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks