Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2007, 16:20   #1
BHPian

Honda City EXi Vs Aveo 1.4 LS vs Swift Vdi

I'm planning to buy a new car within next 2-3 months.

I generally travel around 2000 kms a month - mix of city (Delhi) & highway. I have budget of around 7 lakhs. Not more than that.

The car will be driven by me and my dad. We plan to keep it for around 5 years atleast.

For me, the important aspects in the car are :
it should be comfortable to drive over long stretches
should have a good AC
nice looking
good after sales service network
decent resale value

I have shortlisted the following cars:

1. Honda City Exi - Took a test drive today. Loved its silent engine, comfortable driver seat, smooth drive. The dealer is giving me a 10k corporate discount. So, on road it will cost me close to 7.3 lakhs

2. Chevrolet Aveo 1.4 LS - The interiors are awesome. But, during the test drive, I didn't like the gearbox - not as smooth as my Santro. But, the overall driving experience was pretty good. The dealer is offering me a discount of about 30k - so on road price for me will be around 6.3-6.4 lakhs

3. Swift Diesel Vdi - I am considering Swift only because its the only diesel car that comes within my budget. I guess, if I go for this the total ownership cost will be quite less compared to the other too. But, after reading various posts on this forum regarding the rattling issues and poor rear vision, I'm little confused about this car. Moreover, there is a minimum waiting period of 3 months for this car. Will cost me about 5.5 lakhs.

I have omitted Ford cars because of its poor and expensive A.S.S,
Verna because the price is beyond my budget
Logan because I don't like its looks

So, please suggest which car should I go for?

Thanks in advance.
Old 7th August 2007, 17:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

I would put my money on the City. Good mix of power and mileage. However- if you are concerned about A.S.S and spares - the Swift is a good one. Nice engine and comfortable driving positions ( from what i hear from friends). Only flip side of the swift is lack of boot and luggage space.
Old 7th August 2007, 17:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

SX4 ZXi? About the City EXi price if I recall. Airbags and ABS are killer.
Old 7th August 2007, 20:44   #4
Team-BHP Support

Did you check out the SX4 ZXi? I also think its the best choice if you'd be going for petrol.

If diesel, have a TD of diesel swift which should help you decide. Its a fabulous car with an ever better engine. However, its has rattling problems!
Old 7th August 2007, 20:49   #5
Team-BHP Support

Woof doesn't like the SX4 looks , so not considering it
Old 7th August 2007, 20:53   #6

Aveo 1.4 LS should be a good buy, stunning looks and is actually cheap to maintain. Also would suggest you take the TD again as the new aveos have a better gear shift. Just check how old dealer's test drive car is? will save close to a lakh compared to the city.
Old 7th August 2007, 20:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

Buy Handa City for refinement, nice sedan over all but please consider GXI (I think Exi is base variant) which is good one, however If you don't need or can't afford it buy Exi.

For budget of 7 lac. and 2000km per month Logan D makes full sense to buy! Nothing else in sedan segment according to me but since you don't like its looks I am not sure If we can convince you

In hatchback segment its Swift D Vdi any day If you look for good Diesel hatchback.

After driving Santro I do agree about bgearbox of Aveo. Aveo is good sedan infact VFM comfortable sedan in its class but its your call for sure to decide.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 7th August 2007 at 20:57.
Old 7th August 2007, 21:03   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Buy Handa City for refinement, nice sedan over all but please consider GXI (I think Exi is base variant) which is good one, however If you don't need or can't afford it buy Exi.

For budget of 7 lac. and 2000km per month Logan D makes full sense to buy! Nothing else in sedan segment according to me but since you don't like its looks I am not sure If we can convince you

In hatchback segment its Swift D Vdi any day If you look for good Diesel hatchback.

After driving Santro I do agree about bgearbox of Aveo. Aveo is good sedan infact VFM comfortable sedan in its class but its your call for sure to decide.

Regards,

Ravi.
I am sure he is more confused now

Anyways, I think 2k per month points to a diesel. Logan, if you can live with the looks to enjoy the snob value of a sedan. Otherwise, its Swift VDI all the way.
Old 8th August 2007, 12:52   #9
BHPian

I am not considering SX4 because:
1. I heard that it's FE is nothing to boast about.
2. It looks too big to me.

Anyways, can SX4 owners share the mileage figures they are getting? I guess, I should a test drive of SX4 as well.

Regarding Aveo, I heard that GM's after sales & service isn't great. Is it true? How is autovikas dealer in delhi?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks