Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2007, 15:47   #16
BHPian

Thanks All for the responce.

One Question I have is, what about when you don't reach the 2k rpm mark, what about the buttom end, do the NA and the Turbo feel different even below the 2k rpm mark. I live in Kolkata and it's bumper to bumper traffic most of the times here.

A firend of mine was telling me that Dicor is actually a simpler technology compared to the Turbo and the unlike the Turbo where you have to wait to hit 2k rpm to feel the boost, the Dicor is fun all the way, is this true?
Old 10th August 2007, 17:14   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
Thanks All for the responce.

One Question I have is, what about when you don't reach the 2k rpm mark, what about the buttom end, do the NA and the Turbo feel different even below the 2k rpm mark. I live in Kolkata and it's bumper to bumper traffic most of the times here.

A firend of mine was telling me that Dicor is actually a simpler technology compared to the Turbo and the unlike the Turbo where you have to wait to hit 2k rpm to feel the boost, the Dicor is fun all the way, is this true?
A clarification first. All of a sudden you sound worried sick about what will happen if your turbo does not reach the hallowed 2k mark on the tacho. Please... nothing so grieviously wrong happens. I have driven NA Indicas for ages. One of them in the family is in Kolkata and I have driven it in Kolkata roads day in day out. Zipping in and out of the traffic. I am saying this because you almost sounded to me like an anxious father to be. haa haa haaa... If anything, in traffic you do not get to understand the difference between the NA indica and any other car. They all are the same. NA Indica becomes a pain only when you are fully loaded and climbing and steep incline or want to complete a very fast overtake manoeuver on the highway and then tuck into your lane again. These are the scenarios where you get to know the difference between the NA and the turbo.

Now, coming back to your query, first of all reaching that 2k is no big deal. On 2nd gear even a speed of around 20kmph+ means you are more or less at 2k. On 3rd, 35kmph is always 2k rpm. And of course once you are on 4th or above you presumably have enough stretch in front to accelerate past the 2k rpm. So 2k rpm is actually a very low rpm at which the turbo kicks in. Secondly, even below it the car is immensely driveable as I said above. The NA itself is very driveable in city and so is the turbo.

And then I also suspect that because of the Intercooler which works all the time the turbo indica anyhow has a little more power than the NA. If you look at the peak power delivery of the TCIC Indica and the TC Indica there is a difference of some 6bhp. That difference is because of the Intercooler. So, if anything the Turbo is a bit more sprightly at any RPMs than the NA Indica.
Old 10th August 2007, 19:05   #18
BANNED

Go in for the turbo anyday - they are more fuel efficient. I guess the DICOR indicas are not yet in the market, and information elsewhere on this forum is that the dicors will have the instrument panel in the middle of the dash board. Yuuuuuck!!!!
Old 11th August 2007, 19:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

The Indica Turbo anyday. The Dicor is not here yet and there may be some teething problems once it is introduced. The Turbo is tried n tested and offers greatVFM. The X1/V3 may take more than a year to be launched and mat well be priced significantly higher.
Old 8th May 2010, 13:38   #20

I agree with you Mr. Phamilyman. Turbo gives Indica sufficient power particularly with AC on. IndicaV2 is defficient in power with AC on and without AC also I suspect the transmission in not properly matched.
Old 8th May 2010, 19:05   #21
Team-BHP Support

Old thread fellows. Locking it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks