Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2007, 20:45   #16
oss
BHPian

If you enjoy driving, go for Swift. Amazing pick up, and enjoyable ride.
Old 18th August 2007, 22:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

If you need Space, Comfort and large Boot, then Logan it is!

If looking for a hatch, then you have options: Getz, Palio, U-VA besides Swift.
Old 18th August 2007, 23:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hey Vicks!
Why don't you consider the Ford Ikon Flair? That too fits your budget.
Old 18th August 2007, 23:17   #19
BHPian

well i did not TD the logan but i went and checked out the top of the line petrol Logan, frankly not looking at the interiors and plastic quality, what logan had to offer in terms of cabin space was as good as the NHC (i was directly comparing since i have one) but for the price i felt the lack lusture in terms of interiors and plastics used in the car it felt flimsy

I just recently purchased a swift even though its the most sought after car today (i actually had a day out counting how many red swifts i can spot in a day - mind it only red swifts all other swifts not counted- i tallied to 27 cars spotted in a day) but i still bought one after TD
reasons:
1. Its gonna be only used by me for the family trips i have the NHC
2. its a drivers car, fun to drive (i say this after 550 km done in about 2.5 weeks)
3. I am a sucker for safety features (ABS, Airbags had it sold for me- though you will have to go for the zxi version)
4. Interiors look much better than the Logan (they look premium)
5. compacts are easier to manage in a city like bombay where half your life is spent on the road driving and the other half searching for parking space

so the best judge is you, if you want a peppy car which is fun to drive and is gonna be your baby then the swift makes a good choice specially with its looks and styling
Old 20th August 2007, 16:19   #20

Has anyone seen this? : Logan or Bullock Cart?
Old 4th September 2007, 12:42   #21

would be interesting to know which one did Vicks buy finally? Logan or Swift?
Old 5th September 2007, 14:48   #22
BHPian

Adding my 2 cents here - but I test drove the Logan - had gone along with my dad - have a whole post on that - even though it was outside our budget - thought we would drop in
2 points -
a) The rear seat space is good only if you put a dachshund in the front seat - somehow the design is not good for sitting in the back - I am a big guy but not very tall - ergonomics for the rear seat isn't good. It will be quite cramped for someone sitting behind the driver - unless the chauffeur is either a midget or anorexic
b) What's with the gearshift - the first gear is quite difficult to slot in - you push it all the way in and kind of do a slight flick inwards towards the steering wheel - almost like attending a tennis clinic. It has really long throws

From a driving perspective - swift is definitely much better - though the rear seat is not as spacious as say the Getz.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks