Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2007, 15:03   #1
BHPian

Palio1.6/Fusion1.6/Getz1.3

Hi All,

Really need a help in deciding the cars.
My requirements
1) Power and Performance is top most priority.
2) Daily usage will be 11 kms and once in a month long drive with my family members maximum of 600 kms
3) Space should be descent
4) reselling probably after 7 years thats to i will think.
5) budget atleast 5.5 lakhs on road but can stretch a bit ,max of 7 lakhs on road.

well i am currently in mysore
1) Problem with Palio 1.6 : i called up the tata dealers here in mysore, they said they dont keep fiat cars and also they will not attend if you bring it for service. This has become an issue for me as i can't run to bangalore everytime for small issue also. But believe me the only car which i think will meet my requirments completly will be palio 1.6 but again these issues are eating my head.
2) Fusion 1.6 : Again this car is good enough but will it be wise buying this, as i am bit worried about ford services and rarely i can see one of these on roads.
3) Getz 1.3 : this is actually not in my list but looking at above issues i have to take this into consideration, but again i feel this is not worth the money i am going to spend.

Please suggest me which car i should choose, also let me know if i have to consider some other cars also.

thanks in advance
Old 21st August 2007, 15:57   #2
Team-BHP Support

well if the palio is out then the fusion it is. the getz will offer less performance but you can spruce it up by adding a free flow exhaust and a performance air filter.

you could also get a used car and mod it for performance since that is your top most priority.
Old 21st August 2007, 16:01   #3
Team-BHP Support

Do try and find out about the Ford A.S.S before investing in a Ford car. Why not a Pete'fied Swift D ? Or if you can wait for the Fabia, then that also should be an option
Old 21st August 2007, 16:06   #4
BHPian

Why not Swift petrol ?

Swift petrol is a decent performer and also power is adequate. You may not need to go to bangalore for service purpose. If you are OK with the space (rear passenger comfort and boot), go for swift. You may opt for high-end version ZXI. spruce up with pete's tuning box if it has one for Swift petrol.

else, fusion 1.6 fits your bill there.
Old 21st August 2007, 16:36   #5
BHPian

As my daily Kms are very less , i personally feel i am not doing any justice to a disel car. And also i asked regarding the waiting period , its 6 months in mysore, thats too much.

Well i called up Skoda also before posting my query, they said Fabia will be here around by december but still they didnt have any info and the price they are saying will be 7 lakhs ex-showroom , On road it will be 8lakhs nearly even the basic vesion.

I want to ask
1) Will Palio 1.6 will be a better by than Fusion 1.6 ? both of them have *** problem.
Old 21st August 2007, 16:39   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahadev_kc View Post
Why not Swift petrol ?

Swift petrol is a decent performer and also power is adequate. You may not need to go to bangalore for service purpose. If you are OK with the space (rear passenger comfort and boot), go for swift. You may opt for high-end version ZXI. spruce up with pete's tuning box if it has one for Swift petrol.

else, fusion 1.6 fits your bill there.
tuning boxes are only for diesel cars.
Old 21st August 2007, 16:42   #7
BHPian

Swift Disel has 6 months waiting period and also my daily usage is very less. Sokda fabia will come on road nearly 8 lakhs.

I want to know which one will be a steal "Palio1.6 or Fusion 1.6". Both of them have A.S.S problem if i am not wrong.

I personally dont like the looks of swift . I am goign to take a test drive of Fusion1.6 , let see how it goes.
Old 21st August 2007, 19:29   #8
Senior - BHPian

Palio 1.6 at 4.8 lacs OTR Bangalore is definitly a steal!

You need not worry too much about A**, for a new Car there won't be any hassles for the first 5 years or so, and you need to visit your SC just for routine Service once every 6 months.
Old 21st August 2007, 19:55   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutCARS View Post
Swift Disel has 6 months waiting period and also my daily usage is very less. Sokda fabia will come on road nearly 8 lakhs.

I want to know which one will be a steal "Palio1.6 or Fusion 1.6". Both of them have A.S.S problem if i am not wrong.

I personally dont like the looks of swift . I am goign to take a test drive of Fusion1.6 , let see how it goes.
definately the palio over the fusion.
Old 21st August 2007, 20:08   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutCARS View Post

Get Palio 1.6. Fusion will cost you atleast 1.5lac plus! Save money. You will be happy with power and looks and built quality, your family with the money saved.

Spend money on CCD TBHP meets when you visit Bangy for the Service and better tyres and good ICE!

Guess there's no point comparing resale value of fiat and ford.
Old 21st August 2007, 20:25   #11
BHPian

today evening i went to FORD dealer in mysore 21/08/07. Guess what
1) none of the cars were available for test drive(ford fiesta, fusion).
2) Sales manager attitude sucks man. As if he is doing some good to me by selling the vechile.
3) i will rather say it to be a service center than a showroom.
The only things which frustated me was attitude of the sales guy.

will there be a problem if i book my car in bangalore and use it in mysore?

i hope it shouldnt be . This saturday i am going to bangalore for test drive of palio1.6.

@finneyp :- when i asked the dealer in bangalore for palio1.6 he said on road it will cost me 5.05 lakhs .

Guys one more thing
1) what all things i should bargain for Palio1.6.
Old 21st August 2007, 20:52   #12
BHPian

buddy if u want superb handlin, space, gc, go for FUSION , its a nice package, it handles very well for a car of tat size, but the negative point in this is ford cars r slightly on the heavier side interms of maintenance...... but u willnot regret with this car......

palio is a great car no doubt but the unfortunate thing is it suffers bad reputation in gettin it serviced , if u get hold of a good service station in MYSURU, then go ahead with this...

whr as getz is concerned u cant expect performance from tat, its a sedate car, likes to do the job calmly..... hyundai servicin is good.

happy motorin drive safe ...............
Old 21st August 2007, 21:38   #13
BHPian

heart would say palio 1.6, but the head and everything else points to the fusion. its a more modern car, with a lot more space. one advantage of the fusion is that its quite rare, which means that you dont keep seeing the same car as yours all over the place (this is a real irritant if you drive a silver swift like I do).

i would encourage you to think about safety too while you're making your choice. the fusion used to come with abs and airbags before the price was slashed last year. check if they still have any such features. too many good people's lives have ended when a simple safety feature could have saved them. this is one of the major reasons i feel happy with my swift zxi even though its a lot slower and less exciting than my previous car.
Old 22nd August 2007, 14:30   #14
Senior - BHPian

Just curious, but how far away is bangalore from your place? 120km, right?
That means some 1200+ expense everytime yuo need service.

Even if you skip that, should there be some accident, or some freak recurring problem with car (heck even an item covered under warranty) you will have to go there everytime. It is surely a nuisance. Plus if there's any problem with the dealer, then you'd have to disrupt your usual schedule to go and fight out your claim.

ideal scenario palio would work. however, should life not be so rosy, a 120km commute for a service doesn't sound exciting!
Old 22nd August 2007, 14:35   #15
BHPian

If you can afford to wait.. wait for fabia..
one of it's version is 1.4lit and car has FE of 20..
If you can not afford to wait then Fusion is clear winner

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks