Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2007, 02:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

There is something fishy going on here. If the damage is so small that the car can be repaired and sold to a common customer, you can bet your life the dealer will do it and not tell the customer.

If he is telling you that there is damage, then there is something big.

Take pics of the car and post it. We'll go from there.
Old 24th August 2007, 03:03   #32
BHPian

i would never buy a story from a person selling cars whether company owned store or a franchise dealership.
Old 24th August 2007, 10:37   #33
Team-BHP Support

The guy who started this thread would be feelign quite gloomy now. After all, he thought he was getting a good deal.

Buddy, i also standby the views which many have expressed on this thread. Its better to be a little sad now, rather than see all your money go down the drain later.
Old 24th August 2007, 11:42   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Take pics of the car and post it. We'll go from there.
Can't any of the delhi guys go check out the car. Sure would be a great help for him.
Old 24th August 2007, 11:48   #35
Senior - BHPian

Rajeev hasn't posted anything after starting this thread.
Old 24th August 2007, 12:38   #36

Thanks Guys for your comments.
Well a few clarifications :
1) I am getting the car for 3.55 - 1.75 = 1.80 Lakhs
2) Odometer reading is 50 km
3) Car is registered in the name of Maruti
4) Dealer is offering me 1yr standard warranty & 1 yr insurance
5) I am yet to take a test drive.(Anything particular that I should look out for while taking a test drive of this CAR ?)

Any further help/advice from you guys would be much appreciated....
Old 24th August 2007, 14:16   #37

i have a known in my local hyundai service centre and once when i went to get my viva serviced i learnt that the dealer's whole lot of santros was damaged due to accident of canter carrying them . those were all repaired repainted and sold as new.
so i do think that the story told by sales guy is bull****. there must be some legal angle involved with that car be very cautious.
Old 24th August 2007, 14:34   #38
BHPian

hmm.. wondering why the car is still not sold , looks very attractive on paper , is the dealer holding it up for you ???

why not trade your car with a used VXI that has clocked 5-10k ? , instead of Lxi , iam sure there would be a few in the market with proper service history .
Old 24th August 2007, 15:27   #39
BHPian

guys i had witnessed similar type of story in a showroom where i bought my SWIFT, they had a test drive car which had been abused for 30k kms in just one year, and was repainted, refurbished and was put on sale in MTV for 3.75 lakhs...... i dont know as to whom it was registered.

IMHO, plz do check the history of the car correctly..

and one more thing guys , have a doubt here cant a new digital odometer be fixed with "ZERO" reading onto a car after make it look new .
Old 24th August 2007, 17:30   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev26680 View Post
Anything particular that I should look out for while taking a test drive of this CAR ?
Please read these threads for tips on what to look for.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...om+my+mistakes
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...om+my+mistakes
Old 26th August 2007, 11:16   #41

Well, yesterday I went for the test-drive of the True VALue car and noted the following stuff:

1) Dealer had applied for the Registration last week.Expecting RC by last week of september.When I asked the dealer why it took so long (since it is Oct 2006 made), he said he had just got the 'Lot' last week from Maruti through an auction.I am not convinced by his logic !!As somebody was saying does this mean that he was using it as a demo car ??

2) Externally- The car looked in perfect condition with couple of very minor scratches in the front(since the bumper was damaged).
Tyres - Manufacturing month was sept'06.

3) Internals- Looked fine.checked clutch /brake/accelerator pedals.

4) Drive - I had test driven a new swift as well and could not make out any difference between the two ...

Finally, I had asked him to lower down the price by atleast 10k.....
Old 26th August 2007, 13:38   #42
BANNED

if its body issues then get the car, and mechanical then drop it. worth the price really. if u keep doubting everything ull end up with nothing. i had a skoda octi elegance version which came to me red in color and stuff but the catch was the front bumper and tyres and suspension were screwed while unloading. car came to me @ 8laks brand new, dropped it cuz it was skoda and u know the parts cost.
Old 26th August 2007, 14:01   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The new car yards are located at least 15 kms away, how could the odo read 0 or 10 ?
My Swift had done 7kms before registration, then i went to MUL dealer and took the car myself for registration 20kms away and back so they dont redline it. Cars come by trailer AFAIK and are dropped down at the dealership or maybe mine was a difference case.
Old 26th August 2007, 15:28   #44
Senior - BHPian

If the car has been checked thoroughly - & found satisfactory, just go for it. Just check on the OTR price you are being offered vs a new car from the showroom & do factor in the 2006 model year from the re-sale point of view. If you intend to keep the car for 5 years, then it really does not matter (model year 2006)

Cheers
Old 26th August 2007, 19:53   #45
Senior - BHPian

Thats seems good deal on Swift LXI 3.5 lacs. However Swift VXI is best VFM buy.

I feel Car Manufacturers sell damaged cars to dealers thru. auctions. Since Swift waiting period is huge If this car has no issues with any mechanical parts buy it. Body damage can happen the moment we take the car out from show room.

Regards,

Ravi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks