Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2007, 23:21   #1
Senior - BHPian

WagonR (automatic) or Santro (automatic)

I looked thru' the threads , but am not able to locate one for automatic transmission cars. I would like to know which car to decide between the Wagon R (automatic) and Santro (automatic). Has anybody tried the automatic transmission cars available in the market today? I know the Zen and Esteem automatic version were not so popular when they were launched, but have no idea about the current situation.
Old 23rd August 2007, 23:50   #2
Team-BHP Support

Maruti brought dis-repute to auto-transmission by introducing 3-speed auto boxes. That's why it never flew in the 90s. Even now WagonR Auto is 3 speed, not even worth considering.

If it is Auto, Santro is the way to go in <8L segment. I have owned Santro Xing AT since 4 years, so I am not just saying it.
Old 24th August 2007, 00:45   #3

Santro Xing AT the way to GO!!

i would agree with samurai that the three speed auto box in the wagon r is quiet crappy.. Xing AT would be the ideal choice..
and i really dont understand why other cars which are available abroad with a AT option like the swift are not available.. the only next choice would be the city cvt with a excellent auto box but price is above 8L
hope this helps you.. n enjoy the automatic transmission in the traffic, its a real advantage
Old 24th August 2007, 02:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

i would agree as i have driven both the wagon r auto and xing auto and finally settled for the xing auto for my cousin. so i would suggest the xing auto for you. if you are looking at a bigger segment then the toyota corolla automatic i personally can vouch for it as i have two of them at home. hope this comes in handy to choose your car.
Old 24th August 2007, 03:14   #5
BHPian

dont even think of the wagon r auto.
if AT is a must for you and these are the only two contenders go for the santro xing auto.
Old 24th August 2007, 07:41   #6
BHPian

hi there
well my friend has a Santro (automatic). its am amazing auto transmission cari have ever driven. its really smooth. its like flying in the sky.. i would rather suggest that close your eyes and bump in for Santro Auto. its abt 4.8L on road[Bangalore]... so think abt it.. maruti never been able to come upwith good auto transmissin cars
i seriously find santro auto is the best small car out in the market..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
I looked thru' the threads , but am not able to locate one for automatic transmission cars. I would like to know which car to decide between the Wagon R (automatic) and Santro (automatic). Has anybody tried the automatic transmission cars available in the market today? I know the Zen and Esteem automatic version were not so popular when they were launched, but have no idea about the current situation.
Old 24th August 2007, 08:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hi
Please go through these threads:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...matic-car.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...y-not-buy.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...nsmission.html

This thread is closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks