Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2007, 14:07   #1
Senior - BHPian

Swift Questions

Finalizing car for my would be better half... Most likely another Swift would join the family due to size constraints for her. Wanted to know when is the new engine block for Swift coming to India. Is it worth waiting... Also what are the best discounts etc avbl on this car. Dealers here currently offering only 5k corporate. Car coming upto 4.6 lakhs for Vxi.

On the other hand also saw Aveo which is 5.9 lakhs OTR and the UVA (size preferable) for 4.6 lakhs. The UVA however is way underpowered for my liking and Avea is a lil big for her liking and I face the same left leg hitting the dashboard syndrome faced by other memebers. Since this is going to be her personal car, budget is preferable under 5 lakhs as we plan to buy a BIG car later!!!
Old 2nd September 2007, 14:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

FYI :http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ighlight=swift

Next please search before starting a new thread. Most things have existing discussions going on

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/search...archid=1627520

Last edited by s0uljah : 2nd September 2007 at 14:11.
Old 2nd September 2007, 14:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

Aseem
For your would be wife, the best car IMO would be the Getz Prime 1.3. Its easier to drive in city traffic compared to the Swift, because of better lower end response and better visibility. Also, you would enjoy something different. The clutch, gearshift, steering, everything is just about right in the car. U-VA again is a good choice. Yes it may be underpowered for the enthusiast, but if your wife is not into drag racing on streets, it shouldn't be a problem. The ride quality of U-VA is much better than both Swift and Getz.
In the end, its your call.
Old 2nd September 2007, 20:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

I second what DCEite says. UVA and Getz have very sweet ride and good practicality.

For females Getz suits a lot! also UVA.

Swift is old car now so better take a look at new cars like Getz/UVA and even Palio/Spark.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 2nd September 2007, 20:21   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Swift is old car now so better take a look at new cars like Getz/UVA and even Palio/Spark.
Wow....Swift is old car ???????? and GETZ and Palio are brand new cars?????? Nothing beats this.....
Thanks for enlighting this forum by these "new" findings.
Old 2nd September 2007, 21:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
Wow....Swift is old car ???????? and GETZ and Palio are brand new cars?????? Nothing beats this.....
Thanks for enlighting this forum by these "new" findings.
i think what he meant was that

the swift hasn't changed a bit since it has been launched but the palio has got facelift and the getz to has got a face lift
Old 2nd September 2007, 21:18   #7
Senior - BHPian

Swift is not for Ladies who are below 5 feet 5 inches. Better go for Santro/Spark. This is from my experience. I had a santro earlier which I sold and purcased Swift D recently. Now my wife has given up driving.

Santro also comes with Automatic which again is a hit with Ladies.
Old 2nd September 2007, 23:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
FYI :http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ighlight=swift

Next please search before starting a new thread. Most things have existing discussions going on

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/search...archid=1627520
Thanks dear, but the second link is broken and the first one doesnt answer question about the new engine launch....

For others, UVA is a strict no no, as I just couldnt convince myself with that engine.
Getz... mmmm somehow she doesnt like it. The 1.3 Getz is a lil overpriced too in my opinion. So thats what had bought me to Swift even though when we had started it didnt even figure in our discussions.
Now I just want to ensure that the new engine is not something great, and not coming anytime soon!!! Caz I dont want to buy this one and than find out next month that a newer, better, more powerful engine is out!!!
Old 2nd September 2007, 23:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

Aseem which Swift model do you have Vxi or Zxi?

I think you should check the UVA out, quite spacious and though not that powerful wont make a difference for your wife.

Quote:
Now I just want to ensure that the new engine is not something great, and not coming anytime soon!!! Caz I dont want to buy this one and than find out next month that a newer, better, more powerful engine is out!!!
Well the new engine will be out soon, will be much much better then the now crappy G13BB engine which is highly outdated. Its going to be Mseries engine with very good driveability and low end torque and more power and FE. No M power in it though.

Last edited by BUSA : 2nd September 2007 at 23:23.
Old 3rd September 2007, 11:20   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
i think what he meant was that

the swift hasn't changed a bit since it has been launched but the palio has got facelift and the getz to has got a face lift
Manik, I knew he was talking about the stiles and primes.
Old 5th September 2007, 00:01   #11
Senior - BHPian

Aseem you still have not answered which model of the Swift you own? Zxi or Lxi?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks