Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2007, 22:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcubea
I understand that it is having a low powered engine but since it is my first car, i feel it should be ok for me to control it and it is in my budget.
IMHO, low power or high power need not be a criteria for buying your 1st car. Just because you are driving a hi-powered car does not mean you are going to crash it, nor does it mean that a low-powered car is going to help you drive safely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcubea
I dont know the market standing of this car eg. sales figures of this car since its launch
If you are one who goes by sales figures, you won't touch this car with a barge pole. But then, sales figures is not the way to evaluate a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle
since you are in pune can you directly drive to Ranjangaon in case of issues ? was just wondering
@bottle, tell me you were joking about driving to the factory ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_fan
I want to have input about Ozone Blue color of this car. Has anybody seen this color ?
@Fiat_fan, forget Ozone blue or furnace red, we have yet to see any Stile other than a black Stile owned by our fellow tbhp-ian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76
@mcubea, If you are spending @4.5 laks or so of money..push up your budget and consider Swift VXI or ZXI. Just a thought
Now, that is the only sensible suggestion on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005
Build quality is good, but a few issues like rattling in new cars have been reported. But the Swift has these issues too.
I drove a Swift Zxi for some 150-odd kms. The only rattling was from the stupid car perfume fixed onto the dash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Have seen it on the web. I was fortunate enough to not see it in flesh though!
It's a big deal seeing any Palio on the road, let alone an 'Ozone blue" or "whatever red".

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Stile users have reported mileage of 12 - 14 kmpl in City.
I don't know how many Stile users we have on the forum. The only one I know of is "bottle", but he has a black 1.6. @finney, let's not confuse buyers to think they can have their cake and eat it too. Experience shows us that they can't.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 11th September 2007 at 22:22.
Old 12th September 2007, 19:12   #17
BHPian

[quote=Nimz;559370]
Sales figures are relatively quite low for a car in its segment..

[quote]

At an average for both 1.1/1.6 teh sales/month is around 25 to 30 in bangalore/Concorde..!!..

Just asked the dealer yesterday as i was looking for 1.6 sports. Taking TD tomorrow...
Old 12th September 2007, 19:59   #18
BHPian

[quote=~~VinZ~~;561764][quote=Nimz;559370]
Sales figures are relatively quite low for a car in its segment..

Quote:

At an average for both 1.1/1.6 teh sales/month is around 25 to 30 in bangalore/Concorde..!!..

Just asked the dealer yesterday as i was looking for 1.6 sports. Taking TD tomorrow...
Wouldnt trust Concorde.. total sales of Fiat in the country does not cross 300.. You can work backwards and estimate if what he says is right
Old 12th September 2007, 20:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

My only hope with the Palio is the 1.3 MJD if FIAT decide to put it in... If you have to buy a Palio go for the 1.6, the 1.1 is underpowered for a car of its size and weight and expensive even though the standard equipment list is long.
Old 12th September 2007, 22:11   #20
BHPian

Check this thread if there is a doubt abt FIAT Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post

@bottle, tell me you were joking about driving to the factory ?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post561948

Old 13th September 2007, 06:44   #21
BHPian

I totally agree with supremebaleno.

I have test driven slx 1.1, spark, santro and wagon-r. Off these I felt overall spark was the best to own. Now with the Chevy offering the maintenence package it seems to me the best bet.
Old 13th September 2007, 07:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

When there are so many better options out there in the market that offer more on almost every count with assured peace of mind, why would you even want to consider this for your first car? I'm assuming one would want the first car-owning experience to be a pleasant and fulfilling one.
Old 13th September 2007, 08:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

I think mcubea has made it clear that he is not going for the Stile due to the inherent problems that comes with a FIAT. And for your first car surely the FIAT is not adviceable. You'll just get fed up owning a car if you ever have to visit the servce centers (though things have changed drastically after the TATA tie-up).

I'd suggest the spark. Its a good VFM vehicle. I wont suggest the swift after hearing about many accidents caused due to its EPS. I personally know 4 cases where the 'instint turns' in case of emergencies has caused the vehicle to go out of control and crash into something or the other. I'm not saying that the swift is a bad vehicle but i personally feel the EPS is overdoing the job.
Old 13th September 2007, 10:51   #24
BANNED

^^That is suprising!^^
This is the first time I'm hearing something of this sort. Yes, the EPS did take out some feel from the driving but it being dangerous is a new news to me atleast.

Anybody else found this happening in their Swifts?
Old 13th September 2007, 11:35   #25
BHPian

Quote:

I don't know how many Stile users we have on the forum. The only one I know of is "bottle", but he has a black 1.6. @finney, let's not confuse buyers to think they can have their cake and eat it too. Experience shows us that they can't.
Hey! We do have a few more 1.6 stile users. There's Renegade with his stile, Uttam with his and mine (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-in...km-review.html)

These are just the 1.6 versions - and i recall maybe 2-3 more for the 1.1 variant.

cheers!
raghu
Old 13th September 2007, 11:41   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingummy
Hey! We do have a few more 1.6 stile users. There's Renegade with his stile, Uttam with his and mine (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-in...km-review.html)
These are just the 1.6 versions - and i recall maybe 2-3 more for the 1.1 variant.
You are right. But if you noticed, I did not say, "there aren't any". I only said I am aware of only bottle.

BTW, the interest seems to be mainly in the 1.6 Stile. Hmm.
Old 13th September 2007, 11:47   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

BTW, the interest seems to be mainly in the 1.6 Stile. Hmm.

does that surprise you??

Y would anyone buy a 1.1 Stile- it is neither the most fuel efficient (that would be the spark), nor the most spacious(Xeta), nor the cheapest(Xeta), not the most reliable(Getz-the santro's engine is proven beyond doubt), not the best built(UVA and Getz-I dont subscribe to the tank like build thing- I own a palio as well, the the only thing that tank like build does is to make the car heavy and sluggish- it does not prevent various rattles creeping in.

IMHO, the only redeemeing feater of the palio is the 1.6 engine, and that too is fast loosing its charm thanks to the still abysimal A.S.S.
Old 13th September 2007, 11:48   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Anybody else found this happening in their Swifts?
Not in mine atleast. No razor-sharp responses like an iKon; it's just adequate. There're other areas to find faults with the Swift, this is not one.
Old 13th September 2007, 11:57   #29
BANNED

Thanks Ballkey and Himanshu. Your posts have cleared some serious doubts. Especially the over inflated specialities of the Palio.
Old 13th September 2007, 12:20   #30
Senior - BHPian

imo the quality of plastics in stile is questionable as well.. will be helpful if other owners can comment about the same

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks