Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2007, 01:45   #1

Please advice on Fiat Palio Stile SLX 1.1

Hey,
I am going to buy my first car. I am seriously thinking to buy Fiat Palio 1.1 SLX.

I understand that it is having a low powered engine but since it is my first car, i feel it should be ok for me to control it and it is in my budget. But i am bit confused. I dont know the market standing of this car eg. sales figures of this car since its launch

Can someone suggest me whether to go for this car or not. I will highly appreciate any advice on this car from people who owns or know about this car

Thank you
Old 9th September 2007, 08:08   #2
BHPian

It is pretty good car if you are not bothered bout the power. Its returns a good FE, its strongly built, you just need to make sure that dealer is going to give you a good service, cuz all these Tata dealers are not same, some are partial to Tata customers and din care for Fiat customers so make sure ur dealing with good dealer. do mention the name of dealers you have in you city there are many BHPians around who can advice you on which dealer to go for. Cheers
Old 9th September 2007, 11:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

since you are in pune can you directly drive to Ranjangaon in case of issues ? was just wondering
Old 9th September 2007, 12:00   #4
BHPian

How much is it costing? Well the main thing is how long you planning to keep this car??? if anything more than 3 years than you may feel need to have more power in your hands. Say after some years. So test drive it and other models to see the difference. Cheers
Old 9th September 2007, 12:01   #5
BHPian

Dont go to that Pandit. Idiot fellow. Arrogant and misleading concepts... (says that dicor is different than crdi. I showed him ..|..

If Jay-Vijay is still around, go for it, since he gives a good feedback of the spares etc. (My friend has gtx and JV gave him nice service.)
Old 9th September 2007, 12:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

Chevy spark.

Trumps it anyday - much lighter, very peppy, fun to drive in city. Just my take from a ~3km test ride of both.

Though yes, being in Pune, service et al is not an issue. And if you think a 1.1 engine is tame (like your post suggests), drive the alto vxi 1.1 if you can lay your hands on one
Old 9th September 2007, 12:28   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

In Pune you have "B U Bhndari" or "Pandit". We have a users group called "PalioUsersIndia@yahoogroups.com" or "fiatclubindia@yahoogroups.com". B U Bhandari is pretty aware of our group and he displayed interest while we guys talking to him about servicing our cars. For more details you can join our group.

Cheers
Old 10th September 2007, 11:55   #8
BHPian

Need input on Colors/Performance of Palio Stile 1.1

Hi,

I am new member in this forum. Till now I was a reading approx all the threads in this site.

I need suggestion/inputs about the Palio Stile 1.1. I am thinking of booking this car but have some doubts about the color/performance.

I want to have input about Ozone Blue color of this car. Has anybody seen this color ?

Does it suits Palio Stile 1.1?

Comparison between Furnace Red and Ozone Blue. Which one looks good ?

I have driven almost all the cars in this 4-5 Lakh segment. I didnot find it underpowered if driven with proper gear shifts as compared to Santro/UVA.

Wants to have inputs from Sile 1.1 owner. How is the performance of this vehicle?

Whats the mileage it is giving in City like Bangalore?

Does it needs lot of gear shifting in the Hilly Area ?

How this car is performing on Highways. Is it easy to overtake without lowering the gear ?

Please do reply to this thread as your inputs are very important for me to take the decision.

Thanks,
Fiat_fan
Old 10th September 2007, 16:27   #9
Senior - BHPian

@mcubea

If you are spending @4.5 laks or so of money..push up your budget and consider Swift VXI or ZXI. Just a thought
Old 10th September 2007, 16:54   #10
BHPian

Hi,
1.1 is a good car a bit underpowered though. Build quality is good, but a few issues like rattling in new cars have been reported. But the Swift has these issues too.

BU Bhandari has good service and sales. Not sure about Pandit. Problem with the car is low resale value and service availability away from the metro cities.

Buy this car only if you want to hold on to it for a while. It is a wonderful car to drive, rock steady at high speeds, spacious and also quite efficient (my 1.2 L gives me a consistent 11 kpl with 100% a/c. Hiway is close to 17 kpl)

Cheers
Old 10th September 2007, 19:17   #11
BANNED

Stay away from a Fiat Palio Stile 1.1. Yes, Kilometers away!
Unless ofcourse, you are very much in love with a fiat and don't have money to blow on a 1.6! 1.1 is very much avoidable for all the wrong reasons.

Regarding the colour, I like that Ozone blue and furnace red (Nice names too). Have seen it on the web. I was fortunate enough to not see it in flesh though!
Old 10th September 2007, 19:24   #12
Senior - BHPian

Palio 1.1 Stile though underpowered is good enough for City driving thanks to the enhanced Torque in the Stile version.

Stile users have reported mileage of 12 - 14 kmpl in City.

Do Test drive and decide!
Old 10th September 2007, 19:35   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcubea View Post
Hey,
I am going to buy my first car. I am seriously thinking to buy Fiat Palio 1.1 SLX.

I understand that it is having a low powered engine but since it is my first car, i feel it should be ok for me to control it and it is in my budget. But i am bit confused. I dont know the market standing of this car eg. sales figures of this car since its launch

Can someone suggest me whether to go for this car or not. I will highly appreciate any advice on this car from people who owns or know about this car

Thank you
You want a tame car? Well also consider the ease of living with the car as it is your first car.. I was also considering the Palio before I settled on the Spark. But Bangalore Tata dealers did not inspire much confidence.. Pune I heard is way better.. MoralFibre and others should be able to help you out regarding dealers..

Sales figures are relatively quite low for a car in its segment..

List out what you want from the car in order of priority and then test drive possible options and then choose.. Would be interesting to learn how you zeroed in on the 1.1!!
Old 10th September 2007, 21:20   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Stay away from a Fiat Palio Stile 1.1. Yes, Kilometers away!
For 1.1, there are other better options available. Stile 1.1 is way too underpowered for a car its price.

However, if you still want a Palio- go for the 1.6 eyes closed.
Old 11th September 2007, 20:06   #15

I did a test drive of SLX 1.1 three times. Both BU Bhandary as well as Pandit Automotive were very cooperative.

Being a novice, I couldnt felt that the power is low...so got few of my friend test drive. They felt that the power is low in SLX 1.1 and that engine/transmission noise is coming inside. I felt ease of comfort and smooth drive.

I too came to know that the sales of SLX 1.1 has dropped in August compared to July.

Even though i liked the car but feels lot of people are sceptic about this car. I am not going for Fiat Palio SLX 1.1 but you can form your own opinion if you would like to buy this car.

I did a SWIFT test drive today. Interiors are better compared to Palio. There is no noise in the cabin. Steering Handling was better in Palio.

I'll do test drive with UVA and then decide whether to go for Swift or UVA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks