Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2008, 00:46   #166
Senior - BHPian

[quote=rippergeo;900496]why is it bad of tata? if the service schedule has not been adhered to, they have every right to refuse warranty claims, irrespective of what caused the problem in the 1st place.

[quote]

My mistake!! I misread the post.. I read it as though it was serviced at the right time, they denied to replace the part.. Apologies for the last post.

OT: Can a turbo fail just because the car was not serviced on time? I mean if its a few 100 kms off schedule, it should really not affect the turbo and result in the turbo failing! This is my thought.. Experts please feel free to correct me..
Old 12th July 2008, 01:25   #167
JRD
BHPian

considering that fuel efficiency, running costs and maintainence costs are the topmost priority alto lxi would be a great city car..

its a tad bit underpowered. but it does what it is supposed to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda_dude View Post
hey guys
i am planning to buy a small car for my daily use
my daily usage comes around to 50 kms
have shortlisted 3 cars

indica turbo
alto
santro

the car will be driven with AC all the time and fuel efficiency, running costs and maintainence costs are the topmost priority

what do u'll think is the best option or can anyone suggest something else
Old 12th July 2008, 06:27   #168
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
For cruising, yes. But definitely not for power - i've had some pretty experiences with mine, and i call the A/c button as the third brake!!!
well, its not like the 2 alternatives are extra powerful

[quote=abhinav.s;900644][quote=rippergeo;900496]why is it bad of tata? if the service schedule has not been adhered to, they have every right to refuse warranty claims, irrespective of what caused the problem in the 1st place.

Quote:

My mistake!! I misread the post.. I read it as though it was serviced at the right time, they denied to replace the part.. Apologies for the last post.

OT: Can a turbo fail just because the car was not serviced on time? I mean if its a few 100 kms off schedule, it should really not affect the turbo and result in the turbo failing! This is my thought.. Experts please feel free to correct me..
the turbo should not fail, even if the maintenance schedule is off by a few thousand kms. it doesn't speak much for build quality.
what i wanted to say was, the dealers are legally justified in refusing warranty if we make the smallest mistake.

Old 12th July 2008, 08:12   #169
Senior - BHPian

well its quite simple. If you want that extra space and a diesel at that price its always the INdica Turbo which is alos quite easy on the pocket to maintain.

If you are not vary tall and feel comfortable in the space that alto offers, go for it. It will be trouble free unless you are so unlucky.

If you like the high seating position of the santro, go for it.

After all its your car and whatever said its about you feeling comfortable inside.

With 50km a day you should seriously be thinking of a diesel. But why do you not want to try the Indica Dicor.
Old 12th July 2008, 22:16   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post

the turbo should not fail, even if the maintenance schedule is off by a few thousand kms. it doesn't speak much for build quality.
what i wanted to say was, the dealers are legally justified in refusing warranty if we make the smallest mistake.
Exactly what i meant.. Even if the service schedule is off by a few 1000 kms, the turbo should not fail.

And i totally agree with you when you say that the manufacturer is justified in denying warranty because of the slightest mistake on the part of the customer.
Old 13th July 2008, 11:56   #171
BHPian

hey guys,

thanks for the replies
about the turbo failure, i asked my friend, he said he exceeded the service schedule by mere 190 kms and the turbo had started giving problems before that itself.

he told all this to the service center but they wud not budge.

i feel indica turbo wud be the best buy for me.. wud not go for the dicor as i am on a tight budget and i think dicor is expensive.

one of my other friend has a indica turbo and his car has done 41000 kms in a year.. he has not faced any techincal problems till date and his car drives like a dream.

it gives him 17 kmpl in the city with use of AC.
he says the the only embarassment with the car is when he has to take it for servicing because at the counter they always ask him ' TOURIST CAB OR PRIVATE CAR'.... hehe
Old 13th July 2008, 12:03   #172
Senior - BHPian

they ask me the same thing. I wonder why.

Make sure you get the DLG . the 14" wheels and intercooler make a world of difference with the performance. And other acessories like central locking/foglamps/demister etc make the DLG the most VFM.
You can put in rear power windows if you want for another 7k

DLS dicor is also a good idea if performance matters more than the freebies. It has all same performance of the DLG dicor ( yes, even the 14" wheels , womething the DLS turbo doesnt have ). costs 10k more than DLG turbo. the turbo indica's cost 4L+ OTR. If you haggle hard , you might get 10~20K discount ( they had a 30k discount a few months ago)

17kmpl in city with ac is a bit optimistic. I get about 14 with a city highway mix

Last edited by greenhorn : 13th July 2008 at 12:18.
Old 13th July 2008, 12:11   #173
Senior - BHPian

15-17kmph city with AC. Alto. 17kmpl when you rip on highways with AC. Cramped interiors when compared to Santro, and so with comfort.

Santro 13-15 with AC in city.

I drive a Alto LX, not LXi. Get LXi for city drives. Turbo Indica should cost 3.5lac up. Alto and Santro base below 3.5lac OTR.

Last edited by jkdas : 13th July 2008 at 12:12.
Old 13th July 2008, 12:27   #174
Senior - BHPian

Alto and Santro's are decent city cars and easy to drive. Where they lose out to the Indica is in terms of space ( Indica a tru 5 seater), passenger comfort, ride quality and the safety. the 1000 Kg Indica is far stronger than the other two which are more refined.
Old 13th July 2008, 12:39   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Alto and Santro's are decent city cars and easy to drive. Where they lose out to the Indica is in terms of space ( Indica a tru 5 seater), passenger comfort, ride quality and the safety. the 1000 Kg Indica is far stronger than the other two which are more refined.
He can look at Xeta too.

1000kg doesnt mean better at safety etc Its all about better tech/design.
Why not i10?

Before we confuse you futher, make a decision, $ or space or comfort or A.S.S. ?

And why not CNG versions of Santro/WagonR or LPG version of Alto?
Old 13th July 2008, 14:29   #176
Senior - BHPian

For your running i think Diesel is opt . I think your monthly running should be around 1500-2000km p.m. Instead of Indica Turbo.

1.Wait for the i10 diesel-it ll be more refined ,better interiors & better A**.

2. Splash DDIS should also be worth the wait - But i got no idea about its pricing.

My 2 cents would be wait for i10 diesel.
Old 14th July 2008, 12:38   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
1.Wait for the i10 diesel-it ll be more refined ,better interiors & better A**.

My 2 cents would be wait for i10 diesel.
Any idea about when is the i10 diesel launch and its pricing
Old 14th July 2008, 15:58   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingping View Post
Any idea about when is the i10 diesel launch and its pricing
Ping : You can visit the i10 Diesel thread for more details. The launch should be around Jan. Price is still not finalised. I guess it should be around 4.50 lacs ex-showroom.
Old 21st July 2008, 23:31   #179
BHPian

Hi All..
I tend to agree with most of the posts out here... The Indica beats all the other small cars in terms of the space & comfort in the cabin... I have an Indica V2 DLS (2004) & its been a real good value for money. I have only had a problem with starting once..but that was fixed in the next service. On the highways..its a very steady & stable car even at speeds of 100+ Kmph. The AC is quite powerful as well & it gives a decent enough mileage.. The powersteering is also pretty useful feature...

Cheers...
Old 22nd July 2008, 18:23   #180
BHPian

Choice of hatchback

I drive an Indica DLS. It costed me Rs.3,45000/- shop floor price. It gives me 17.65 km per liter of diesel. At current diesel prices in my area it costs me Rs. 2.24 per km when I use normal diesel and Rs. 2.35 when I use premium diesel. It can accomodate 5 people very comfortably. Regarding safety, it has a very strong body and is crash tested. Hope this information helps you in making an informed decision.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks