Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2007, 18:51   #1
BANNED

please help me in deciding my car:it has been months... (Now decided on Palio 1.1)

i have to decide between swift, uva and getz1.1
budget 4.5 lacks
usually 3-4 people rarely 5 will sit.
will keep the car for atleast 5-7 yrs if no problem

swift-maruti servise and resale excellent, also excellent drive. i dont know but have felt a bit less room in the rear.
getz:roomy but underpwered
uva:a combination of both adequately powered and good space. however gm service not good in lucknow and also have heard uva model is being closed pretty soon, so getting spares and resale will be difficult.

request to the moderators: please dont close this thread i have to decide by the end of this month, and need desperate help and advise.
Old 14th September 2007, 20:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Go for swift as it best suits your requirement. Stretch a little bit and go for LDI of possible. The *** & resale value will also be good. Moreover, it is Maruti's service. My friend has a swift VXi and he is pretty happy with the car.
Old 14th September 2007, 20:56   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_aryan View Post
i
getz:roomy but underpwered
Why not buy a Getz and do mods to increase the power?
Old 14th September 2007, 20:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

I drive a swift for about 300km a month.And frankly,with three people in the car and ac on 1,the power is $hitty.I've been harping on this point to everyone who want's to buy this car.Low-end torque is pathetic and you will struggle in traffic.Its a dream on the highways though.

Wel thats my 0.000000000000000000001 cent,best of luck while making you decision.
Old 14th September 2007, 20:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
New car,anything that increases performance will affect warranty.
Old 14th September 2007, 21:00   #6
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Up the budget a bit and get the Swift D.
Old 14th September 2007, 21:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

IMO, Swift is big enough for 3-4. It's only when you have 5, the persons at the back feel like they're getting to know each other a little too much I don't know why you think it is cramped at the back.

For the low end torque, you can definitely consider the Swift D. It is the latest Team BHP favorite.

P.S: I think two of your threads (with the same query) were closed because similar threads exist. Hope the mods are ok with this one.

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 14th September 2007 at 21:32.
Old 14th September 2007, 21:42   #8
Senior - BHPian

And if you can stretch your budget to Swift D, then even the Versa becomes eligible. Don't laugh - do give it a proper look-see. It could be a wonderful solution.
And you could consider the WagonR.
But considering the term you plan to keep the car, I'd say stay with Maruti.
Old 14th September 2007, 21:48   #9
BHPian

Don't wanna confuse you further, but you could consider the INdica XETA GLX. Fits your budget, can handle 5 people, and is VFM.

If you can live with TATA service, XETA is a no-hassle car.
abdriver2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2007, 22:04   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post

If one has to buy an underpowered Getz and then go for aftermarket mods one can as well buy Swift D and saves some money. Both one time saving and ongoing fuel savings.
Old 14th September 2007, 22:11   #11
Team-BHP Support

Uva !! from your spec posted, yup try to figure out sales and service, dont think model will be discontinued soon. but yes since you mention 7 years life better to check coz nothing holds value apart from maruti for that long in india <wierd>

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th September 2007 at 22:14.
Old 14th September 2007, 22:28   #12
BHPian

I think a swift D (LDI) would be an ideal car. rear space is an issue depending on the height of the passengers. For folks who are 5.10 their knees will touch the front seats buts its not outright uncomfortable. The boot space is decent for 2 bags or 1 very large bag. If you are going for the Swift D then I would suggest you get a VDI.
Old 14th September 2007, 23:15   #13
BHPian

I know the GM setup there pretty well (the people). It best to stay clear of them.
Go for the swift.
Old 15th September 2007, 00:25   #14
BHPian

WHy not try the Spark.. you can get the top end variant
Old 15th September 2007, 01:06   #15
BHPian

New Car

Ok. Too many recommendations for Swift.
I have read enough reviews that say its a driver's car , great handling, sexy looks (well subjective one).
Well, i do admit that its got a character. Its got an individuality (sexy/macho is your call).
However, i did test drive it sometime back when i was in the market for a hatch(Though i ended up buying none).
I drove the swift and i found that it drove well, as everyone points out the space is at a premium.
Another major sore point i had was that the glass house is really small. One "Feels" cramped even if it might not actually be cramped, thanks to the ever shrinking glass around you.
The rear passenger windows taper so much and is so small that you feel almost like you are in a prison.
The rear windshield though big by comparison has very very very small visible area that the inside rear view mirror is useless.
Blind spots are huge! The C pillars are Oh Boy! fat and thats the reason the ORVMS are huge.
and reversing is going to be a pain (dealers ensure u put in a reversing sensor).
Ride is a bit hard.
For all the brilliant road handling , its relatively on the un-practical side of cars. Sexy beautiful racy ..yadda yadda.. yet relatively un-practical.
The Getz is the roomiest of all .. huge glass house, roomier than even most midsize sedans, under powered maybe, go for the 1.3 then and are you going to be schumi on the road all the time? are we gonna drag all the time that even half a second matters and we must sacrifice practicality for extra horse power?
Think about it.. you need a comfy car to commute that keeps the commuter in you more satisfied than the boy racer in you.
From this perspective you will find that the swift graces the lower portion unless the boy racer in you is the majority
Good luck.. and like they all say nothing beats test driving the cars on a familiar route, consult your heart and mind and make a decision.
another tip, dont get bowled over by 1km extra mileage one vendor promises over the other.
Do the math yourselves.. how much are you travelling per year? 10,000 KM? 10km per liter is gonna need 1000 liters and 11 is gonna need 910 liters. Another 4500 Rupees per year for the extra 90 Liters you are going to need with the car that does 10kmpl.
So no point in spending another 25-30 k to get a car that does another 1kmpl unless you care for the environment and the extra 90 liters you can save for this world.
Happy hunting!! and you are welcome for my two cents to confuse you . Ha ha.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks