Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2007, 17:06   #16
Team-BHP Support

Please find my replies in bold for the points of discussion listed below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghutk View Post
In my opinion you should go in for swift.
Here are the reason's which includes both pro's and con's
1. Very good drivers car. (Ikon-Swift)
So, its the same for both? Lets call it a tie on this one.

2. Good FE.(swift)
Maybe if u were referring to the 1.6, i would agree. Not when your talking about the Flair.

3. After sales support from Maruti(unmatched with ford).
To some extent, but for all normal servicing and stuff, Ford isnt far behind. Go through my thread for more details.

4. Brand image.(Swift)
Current star is the Swift, but you cannot discount that of the Ikon as well.

5. Resale value.(swift)
This one i agree with, but for a long term usage plan, i dont think it is going to hurt so much.

6. Ikon has no more 1.6 so lack of power.
Secret here is not to switch on the A/C when indulging in a boy racer's game.

7. Ikon is outdated. My family had a tough time to find one good used Ikon for my brother and he finally chose to buy a used accent.
I dont know under what circumstances this came about, as you usually find a lot of Ikons in the resale market, although i cant be sure about their condition. Between, was he looking for the Flair, or the 1.6?

8. Very expensive ford service and spares.
Like i said even before, for all normal requirements, the cost of spares and servicing are on par for the Flair and the Swift.
Old 17th September 2007, 17:16   #17
BHPian

If you are looking at a good alround car / drivers car and a boot but care a damn about the after sales service.. go for the ikon. for economical after sales, go for swift.
Old 18th September 2007, 14:41   #18
BHPian

Hi All Thanks for the quick replies , I have decided to go ahead with Ikon .
Will keep you posted once i got the car .

whiteknight : The use of carpc is I will have a better ICE in traffic [Internet/Movies/prob games too ] [assuming we spend 1 hr in traffic/day , I dont want to be struck with same music ..]

Jagguar : I am going with car lease option [if ur company is tied up with ald they have special pricing] pm me for additional details
Old 19th September 2007, 14:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

isacM: It's a good decision. You will enjoy the ride in ikon than in swift.....
Old 20th September 2007, 21:18   #20
mukulbhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by isacM View Post

Jagguar : I am going with car lease option [if ur company is tied up with ald they have special pricing] pm me for additional details
isacM - I am planning to go for a company lease through ald as well. but have been struggling to get any contact on the ald front. please could you let me know someone i could get in touch with!

Old 9th October 2007, 11:42   #21
BHPian

Bought Ikon

Hi All

I got my new Ikon last nite . Thanks to all of you esp to benbsb29 for the encouraging story on Mike and Ford Ikon flair ,It reinstated my confidence in ford . I will upload the pics soon as the broad band connection at home is broken now Grrrr..... Hathway
Old 9th October 2007, 12:15   #22
Team-BHP Support

IsacM, congrats on purchasing the Ikon Flair. One year down the line of my ownership experience with the car, i have absolutely no issues with it.

Please put up your experiences with the car on the Long Term thread, and do not forget the pics as well.

Between, which dealer did you approach?
Old 9th October 2007, 12:45   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isacM View Post
Hi All

I got my new Ikon last nite . Thanks to all of you esp to benbsb29 for the encouraging story on Mike and Ford Ikon flair ,It reinstated my confidence in ford . I will upload the pics soon as the broad band connection at home is broken now Grrrr..... Hathway

congrats & enjoy the car.

@benny... good sales pitch
Old 9th October 2007, 12:47   #24
BHPian

Guys,

I have come across thsi thread a bit late, But come what I am happy that Ikon is finalised.

Cheers!!! IsacM, Like Benny I am good Ikon fan and user.

I was ina similar situation but a good spacious car and most importantly Ikon is drivers car , you will certainly love its responsive streeing and handling.

Swift is better fit and finish but its carmped up and not spirited as Ikon...

1.3 flair is a bit under powered when ac on, but is fun to drive with no ac, when u hit a highway ac on will not matter as the engine punches back the power on the move...

Enjoy your new Ikon and all the best...

Take care of it well and it will return u the best.

Cheers!!!
Old 9th October 2007, 21:11   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Isac.

Tell us what mods are in the pipeline. Looking forward to the pics (Well even I have to post the pics of my car).

@benny: I guess he got the car from Cauvery.
Now, we can form a team of Cauvery customers here I think
Old 9th October 2007, 22:00   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Isac.

Good that you have bought Ikon Flair. I was also in same situation. I bought my brother's Ikon was in excellent condition. Now I'am a very happy that I made a good decision of course with the help of bhpians here.

Performance: I was driving WagonR earlier and this car really rocks. The engine is too responsive compared with wagonr. I just touched 150 kmpl on nice road couple of days back and would have still pumped in but I feared as the ABS is not there in car so i lifted off my leg from the pedal.

FE: As far the FE is concerned, I'am using BP/HP fuel with system G 1ml/ltr. The mileage is around 12 kmpl inside city (25% ac) and h/way it is around 15 kmpl.

Otherwise the car is very good and I'am enjoying the ride.
Old 9th October 2007, 23:04   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Performance: I was driving WagonR earlier and this car really rocks. The engine is too responsive compared with wagonr. I just touched 150 kmpl on nice road couple of days back
thats great mileage
Old 9th October 2007, 23:43   #28
BHPian

Car Pics

finally got my hathway connection working and I have uploaded the pics .Since I took the delivery in late eve the pics didn't turned out the way i wanted . I am using sony ps 200 [any tips ! ]

Dealer : Cauvery Ford , Bangalore
Mods /Accessories : Yet to plan , was thinking of carputer with psp [any body working on similar lines ...] , this is my first Car so my present agenda is to improve my driving skills , will keep you updated , [/IMG]

Will update more pics once I got a nice location and mastered my digicam [damn menus couldn't understand a thing ] , Thanks
Old 10th October 2007, 06:06   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey isacM,
The ikon is an excellent choice and your car is looking HOT! I love the Blue color of your car.
We still have our 7year old Ikon that has done 136000km ofr rough use and the car feels amazing still. It has some problems but just sitting in the driver's seat gives a feeling of sportiness.
I see you have gotten the PU leather seat covers from Ford. Look quite good on the car.
Would advise you to get the tires changed to better tubeless tyres, which will improve your ride and if you upsize, even the handling and braking.
Old 10th October 2007, 10:34   #30
Team-BHP Support

Nice color, Isac. Will be waiting for better pics both from you as well as Jaguar, as well as your experiences with the car.

Most Viewed