Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2007, 16:48   #1
BHPian

Which Wagon R model

Hi All,

After being a silent posts reading member, now comes the time when I need your help in deciding about my purchase about a car.

I plan to purchase a Wagon R in the coming months. The price quoted to me is Rs. 4,44,000 approx. The dealer is Bagga Link , Delhi. Rs. 18,000 cash discount and 4% of the loan amount as cash discount are also being offered by them. The model is Wagon R Vxi with ABS and airbags. I just couldn't find any other car with ABS and airbag within this budget. I can go max upto 4.5 Lacs. I would prefer to go in for a lower segment top end model than going in for a higher segment low end model. I would like to know how is Wagon R Vxi and just in case I have not been thorough in my reading the posts, please suggest a car within 4.5 Lacs which has ABS and Airbags. Also do pour in your views about Wagon R Vxi with ABS and airbags.

Also would waiting for the navratras would be a benefical thing? Secondly the waiting is period I was told was 1 month. Secondly should I wait for the next year for the registeration?
Old 17th September 2007, 18:59   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupamsinha View Post
Hi All,

After being a silent posts reading member, now comes the time when I need your help in deciding about my purchase about a car.

I plan to purchase a Wagon R in the coming months. The price quoted to me is Rs. 4,44,000 approx. The dealer is Bagga Link , Delhi. Rs. 18,000 cash discount and 4% of the loan amount as cash discount are also being offered by them. The model is Wagon R Vxi with ABS and airbags. I just couldn't find any other car with ABS and airbag within this budget. I can go max upto 4.5 Lacs. I would prefer to go in for a lower segment top end model than going in for a higher segment low end model. I would like to know how is Wagon R Vxi and just in case I have not been thorough in my reading the posts, please suggest a car within 4.5 Lacs which has ABS and Airbags. Also do pour in your views about Wagon R Vxi with ABS and airbags.

Also would waiting for the navratras would be a benefical thing? Secondly the waiting is period I was told was 1 month. Secondly should I wait for the next year for the registeration?
Hey Anupam,

Assuming that you would mostly be driving in city, I strongly suggest WagonR. This is a wonderful car for city-driving. I am driving a WagonR Vxi since 2001 and am extremely happy with it, though mine is without the Airbags and ABS.

You may also try the Chevrolet Spark. It is again a nice car and falls well within your budget. However, I am not sure if the top-end variant comes with ABS and Airbags. You can check this with the dealer. But overall it is worth considering.

Since WagonR has one month waiting period, you can book it now (once you have made up your mind) and get the delivery during the navrataras. If, not in hurry, you might as well get it booked in the Navratas itself and take the delivery later on. Reason: This is the time which marks the festive season and the companies offer various attractive schemes. The final choice is absolutely yours!

All best!
Old 17th September 2007, 20:10   #3
BHPian

Thanks Lokesh, for the reply and sorry for not specifying my usage pattern. It would mainly be city driving. I would clock close to 500-1500 Kms a month.

I was really getting impaitent as to why only my topic isn't getting a reply and everybody else's is getting.

One thing that popped in my head was, if they are saying that it would take a month, and if they delay it further can I ask them to delay the registeration process till Jan 2008 so that I get a 2008 registered car? I mean would it be possible to not take the delivery of the car once it is in the showroom. Secondly would all the discounts that are offered in the Festive months be mine if I book it then?

As for the Chvvy spark, I checked it out they don't have airbags secondly I feel it's kinda scary to buy a car that hasn't been on road for a while.
Old 17th September 2007, 23:46   #4
Team-BHP Support

Hi. Another satisfied WagonR VXi owner.

WagonR is having waiting period? I thought only the WagonR duo was having waiting period. Or is it because you want ABS/Airbags model that dealers dont usually stock?

But then, I'd also say try out the Spark, if you like the looks of it. Found it to be modern compared to the WagonR, though the difference is mostly in design of interiors/exteriors.
Old 18th September 2007, 07:25   #5
BHPian

Go for the WagonR with ABS/Airbag. It's always good to buy a car with safety features. Good to know that Maruti is offering ABS/Airbag in this segment too.
Old 18th September 2007, 09:27   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If your running is significant, make sure you check out the extremely competent LPG variant also. The Wagon R Duo is a fantastic urban commuter. However, I am not sure if ABS is available with the LPG kit.
Old 18th September 2007, 12:09   #7
BHPian

Quote:
One thing that popped in my head was, if they are saying that it would take a month, and if they delay it further can I ask them to delay the registeration process till Jan 2008 so that I get a 2008 registered car? I mean would it be possible to not take the delivery of the car once it is in the showroom. Secondly would all the discounts that are offered in the Festive months be mine if I book it then?
You can not delay the registration process for so long once the car has been invoiced. You can, of course, book the car now and take the delivery in 2008 and then get it registered. Re. discounts, etc you should check with dealer as discount schemes keep changing on monthly basis.
Old 18th September 2007, 12:19   #8
BHPian

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies.

[Crazy Driver]:WagonR is having waiting period? I thought only the WagonR duo was having waiting period. Or is it because you want ABS/Airbags model that dealers dont usually stock?

Yes, thats the reason.

[prskumar vbmenu_register("postmenu_567497", true); r]:
Go for the WagonR with ABS/Airbag. It's always good to buy a car with safety features. Good to know that Maruti is offering ABS/Airbag in this segment too.

Infact I guess that's the only car in this price range to have this.

[GTO]: If your running is significant, make sure you check out the extremely competent LPG variant also. The Wagon R Duo is a fantastic urban commuter. However, I am not sure if ABS is available with the LPG kit.

My running would mainly be less than 1500 kms. in a month generally. Secondly the max in the duo is Lxi. It doesn't even have the frills of the Vxi and moreover no ABS and airbags. Had there been an offering wherein LPG was available with Vxi alongwith ABS and airbags, I would had probably gone for it. Provided it's priced accordingly.
Old 18th September 2007, 15:45   #9
BHPian

something on different lines but still relevant.

When is the launch of the new WARGON R / Suzuki spalsh in india?

If this coming anytime before march 2008 then does buying Wagon R makes sense?
Old 18th September 2007, 15:58   #10
BHPian

I too am curious to know about Suzuki Splash. Anyone here knows anything about this?
Old 18th September 2007, 16:37   #11
BHPian

Quote:
anupamsinha, the schemes & discounts are specific to the month of invoicing/delivery of the car. I lost 5k while i bought my esteem,the scheme changed .oct-nov would be right time to buy, due to diwali offers.
Old 18th September 2007, 17:48   #12
BHPian

[hrishig] : something on different lines but still relevant.

When is the launch of the new WARGON R / Suzuki spalsh in india?

If this coming anytime before march 2008 then does buying Wagon R makes sense?

[LokehG] : I too am curious to know about Suzuki Splash. Anyone here knows anything about this?

I did a google search and found the looks of splash to be even worse than that of the current Wagon R. I have no idea about the date and the pricing. Anyone has any idea about it?
Old 18th September 2007, 18:43   #13
Senior - BHPian

Anupam.... I would suggest you to go for Santro XO with ABS, preferably the recently launched CNG version. Wagon R's gearshift and the noisy cabin spoil a good package. A santro is a lot more refined and easier to drive in the city and very competent on the highway. Its the better car out of the two.
Old 18th September 2007, 18:50   #14
Senior - BHPian

I am a satisfied WagonR lxi owner since july 2001. I feel this car is a breeze for city driving. Santro xing is a good model, but I am told most Santro's are having problems in the recent months.
Stick to WagonR, but if you wanna wait, then wait till the Splash comes.
Old 18th September 2007, 19:07   #15
BHPian

Hi

[extreme_torque] : Anupam.... I would suggest you to go for Santro XO with ABS, preferably the recently launched CNG version. Wagon R's gearshift and the noisy cabin spoil a good package. A santro is a lot more refined and easier to drive in the city and very competent on the highway. Its the better car out of the two.

I had a tough choice between Santro and Wagon R. I browsed the Hyundai website but could not find ABS in the XO model. Is this a new addition in the XO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks