Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2007, 17:50   #16
BHPian

If resale is so important go in for a Swift. That's amongst the latest from the Maruti stable, has a huge waiting period. Get the top end version and probably the depreciation shouldn't hit hard. I think that when resale is a major concern going in with a popular model does help.
Old 25th September 2007, 18:55   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey gaurav,
i would suggest you get a new car like the Getz or something similar.
Since you run around 800km/month, a diesel is not adviseable.
Also, most of the cars mentioned here have run quite a bit of km and may require money to be spent getting them upto shape.
Old 26th September 2007, 18:02   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Hey gaurav,
i would suggest you get a new car like the Getz or something similar.
Since you run around 800km/month, a diesel is not adviseable.
Also, most of the cars mentioned here have run quite a bit of km and may require money to be spent getting them upto shape.

ok guys if i am going for new one which among Swift/Getz/Indica/Indigo/logan/any other that can suit my requirements like sitting space for five/comfortable for long drives/good resale/average maintanace & fuel economy etc.
Old 26th September 2007, 19:15   #19

one more info needed from Ford Fusion users/other users. How good is to buy a second hand fusion two year old well maintained? what are the problems that could come up & things that should be taken care off.
Old 26th September 2007, 19:38   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by grgaurav View Post
one more info needed from Ford Fusion users/other users. How good is to buy a second hand fusion two year old well maintained? what are the problems that could come up & things that should be taken care off.
I will not advice buying a 2nd hand Ford Fusion. It will involve very high maintenance costs. Also it will have pathetic resale.
Old 26th September 2007, 20:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grgaurav View Post
ok guys if i am going for new one which among Swift/Getz/Indica/Indigo/logan/any other that can suit my requirements like sitting space for five/comfortable for long drives/good resale/average maintanace & fuel economy etc.

Swift definitely is not comfortable for five, especially comparing to other cars that you have mentioned.

Indigo and Logan are both comfortable and have good fuel economy (in diesel versions). Indigo has low maintenance and its too early to talk about maintenance of Logan but one could expect it to be low.

Getz is a perfect city car but again its resale is suspect. The thumb rule of resale is that the car that sells well when its new, usually has better resale.

Since you are looking to go for long drives and want comfortable seating as well, it would be better to go with a sedan so that you can throw a lot of stuff in the boot.

I would recommend that that you TD Indigo/Logan. Also search T-BHP for information on Indigo/Logan (there is lots of it) and make your decision.
Old 27th September 2007, 20:44   #22

Hi guys,

Seen one Ford Fusion 2005 model in good condition but last quoted price was 4.10L. Its with one Hyundai dealer. Didnt find it worth. Dont want to spend more than 3.5L for used car except for Scorpio.

Still have couple of weeks before deciding. Search going on..
Old 28th September 2007, 09:23   #23
BHPian

Why not go for a new Swift LDi..It suits all your requirements( may be except for seating space for five), and you'll not have a problem with the resale value and FE.

The Fusion has higher mainatanence costs.
Old 18th October 2007, 20:56   #24

hi guys,

Finalised on Ford Fusion. Got the deal for 3.9L for 2005 model. Everybody in my family just liked the vehicle. Lots of space, decent ride & many more features. Also the car was in very good condition. Couldnt resist the mini SUV feel of the car. Will be getting it on 21st. Did some check from my mech & he says no work required. Hope so that it stays trouble free for time ahead.

Thanks all you guys for your comments & views.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks