Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2007, 10:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Tushky,

Estilo has got Driver side Airbag and ABS as an option and fits perfectly in your budget. Plus, its a Maruti so service would be cheap and hassle free hopefully!. My 2 cents, if you love your life and respect the life of others, Estilo matches your requirements else, its the UV-A

hmm!!! you are right about safety..i am totaly confused. we already own Maruti and again Maruthi vehicle is.. .yeah no doubt about maruti service.
but zen is very light car on highways.dont know why but i dont want to buy boxy maruti car again.though it is a good brand.

yeah spark is a good car. but what about service. i stay in Pune. and only once in a year we go on long travel.
hmm..i must take test drive of U-va and ask about other details.
Old 26th September 2007, 11:05   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
hmm!!! you are right about safety..i am totaly confused. we already own Maruti and again Maruthi vehicle is.. .yeah no doubt about maruti service.
but zen is very light car on highways.dont know why but i dont want to buy boxy maruti car again.though it is a good brand.

yeah spark is a good car. but what about service. i stay in Pune. and only once in a year we go on long travel.
Spark has no Airbag options.. but it is better built (during ICE install).

Spark is lighter than Estilo but awesome on highways.. Am doing one more trip shortly..
Old 26th September 2007, 11:13   #18
BHPian

Have to agree with Nimz. Though I haven't driven my Estilo on highways I think the general consensus is that Spark is better in highways compared to Estilo. So if you are going to do a lot of highway driving Spark might be a better choice. Just check the A.S.S of Spark dealers in your area. My requirement was 95% city driving, so Estilo Way to Go.
Old 26th September 2007, 11:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

My vote goes for the Spark---for better looks and peppy drive. Pals of mine own both Spark and Estillo, and my personal preference is for Spark.

If you want space, then Getz is the best option, but it has relatively lower mileage than the Swift or Spark/Estillo. I agree, Indica has a taxi image and most Tata cars give problems after 20K kms. But for this, Indica too has lotsa space in the rear seat.
Old 26th September 2007, 11:24   #20
Team-BHP Support

Tushky, my vote in this duel goes for the Spark. Quite a nice car, and also i have heard only good reviews regarding it.

The only grouse i have against it is the centre mounted speedo and dials.
Old 26th September 2007, 11:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

Waise

have you considered the Indica turbo DLS/G/X? Once you figure out how to keep it above 2k RPM, it is indeed fun. And I'm sure pune would have a decent TATA dealer.

Indica is cheap, takes enough abuse, and seats/chills everyone well.

Besides taxi image, it isn't that bad a vehicle. Niggles will ofcourse be there
Old 26th September 2007, 11:52   #22
BHPian

for 4.5L OR, Pune why go for small car?
You can aswell go for premium hatchbacks.
consider UVA,Swift,Getz,Palio,Indica in that order.
Hope it helped adding to your confusion

Regards,
Old 26th September 2007, 12:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post

See, it was my honest opinion and not too many would support the decision of buying an Estilo as its boxy, atleast you have some of the safety features which would save someone's life in case of a collision...If you buy the Indica now, soon it'll be updated with a new model...Choice hai aapki aakhi paisa hai aapka!!!
Old 26th September 2007, 12:49   #24
BHPian

Spark Obviously

No wait Estilo is good , Reason - MAruti A.S.S

You know what, it should be Spark !! Free oil change in every service !!

Or Or Or Estilo Reasons - *&%$#$ ??

Hope this clears your confusion
Old 26th September 2007, 12:51   #25
Senior - BHPian

Go through this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...lio-1-1-a.html
Old 26th September 2007, 13:21   #26
BHPian

Hi Tushky, if you are comparing Saprk and estilo then close your eyes and pick up Spark. Spark is way much better car then estilo in every department, whether its looks(though a personal choice), build quality, ride quality, power/pick up, handling, comfort etc....Its way ahead of estilo in every sense apart from A.S.S. but as you stay in pune, A.S.S. of GM is good in Pune. Estilo handles like a boat. very uncomfortable rear seat(vertical back), looks like a baby toy(its for gals not for men).

Else you can go for UVA or Getz. Again I will not reccomend Swift petrol bcoz its no way beter in space and moreover there is not sufficient low end power for city driving. other issues like rattling noises is also big -ve.

Note: if you decide to go with Spark/UVA, buy it from Pashankar. dont buy it from Talera. Talera is total crap if you compare to pashankar.
Old 26th September 2007, 14:04   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Getz 1.3 -> 5lkh OTR
Getz 1.1 -> around or less than 4.5 OTR

See how much you can get by just putting 50k more.

Test drive with 5 persons sitting in the car in all the shortlisted cars and you will get your answer.
i agree with that. i would say think of the getz or the U-Va if you are looking to seat 5. Its not possible to change anything once the urchase has been done. Squeeze in another 50K and ride smoothly and comfortably for the rest of the time.

But if you are looking just at spark and estilo. I would say spark. Its a more comfortable ride and the warrnaty is an added advantage.

Last edited by gemithomas : 26th September 2007 at 14:05.
Old 26th September 2007, 14:17   #28
Senior - BHPian

Another point - Chevrolet promise - 13k service package. is for 3 years, 45k kms. Warranty is even better

For swift/wagonR (and possibly similar for estilo) in mumbai, they were offering a similar service package for Rs 15-16k - TWO years, 40k kms.
Old 26th September 2007, 14:19   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom2_ash View Post
Estilo handles like a boat. very uncomfortable rear seat(vertical back), looks like a baby toy(its for gals not for men).
Beg to differ here. I really like the handling of the Estilo. And while I can't comment on whether the ride quality is better or worse than the Spark, I can say that IMHO the Estilo is very comfortable. I have been driving 50+km in it for 2-3 months.

Rear seat - the only thing uncomfortable about it is that the head rests in the most lowest position hit against your neck, so either you have to raise them (and obstruct the driver's rear view) or remove them (somewhat unsafe in case of an accident). But the seat itself is fairly comfortable and several people have told me this.

As for looking like a toy, that's the comparison I used for the spark in my last post so not sure if that's a dig at me . But rest assured there are many haters out there, and looks are entirely subjective. This was one of the reasons I didn't go for the spark, and there will be people here on both sides of the camp.

Motto: Go for a test drive and decide for yourself. This forum isn't going to help you. It will just confuse you more!!!!
Old 26th September 2007, 14:44   #30
BHPian

checkout Santro, its good for 5.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks