Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2007, 20:06   #46
Senior - BHPian

hmmm yesterday i took TD of both 2 cars...but not enough satisfied.i felt spark gearshift a bit hard.may be thats the problem of their testcar. so now i am looking for Getz 1.1, we are gonna book our car in Diwali.
but still, i want to know about indigo petrol. worth buy or i should go with getz.
Old 27th September 2007, 20:22   #47
Senior - BHPian

Indigo petrol is a nice car. Comes with loads of stuff, has a lot of space and is a big car at a cheap price. However it suffers from the almost the same problems of the Indica. Fit & finish, ride quality, tending to age fast.

Dunno about the Getz 1.1, but the Getz is pretty neat. Good ride quality, has decent space, fit & finish is very good. Mileage will not be in the spark range.

As you did for the spark & estillo, get a TD. Also take time to look at the cars as such.
Old 27th September 2007, 21:13   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
hmmm yesterday i took TD of both 2 cars
Would be good if you pen down your impressions. Will help others in a similar situation.
Old 28th September 2007, 10:26   #49
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
so now i am looking for Getz 1.1, we are gonna book our car in Diwali.
Hey Tushky, if you are happy with the Getz go ahead. But be warned that that engine is just too puny to cope with the additional weight. Put on the air-con or load it with passengers, and the performance is dismal. There is not enough pep for overtaking on the highway either.
Old 28th September 2007, 10:30   #50
BHPian

Quote:
hmmm yesterday i took TD of both 2 cars...but not enough satisfied.i felt spark gearshift a bit hard.may be thats the problem of their testcar.
I think Hyundai cars have best gear shifts. Spark gear shifts are similar to Maruti or bit better than Maruti. Tushky, if you want you can have a TD of my Spark (PM me if you want to). My Spark is 2500 km old.
Old 28th September 2007, 10:41   #51
BHPian

Quote:
hmmm yesterday i took TD of both 2 cars...but not enough satisfied.i felt spark gearshift a bit hard.may be thats the problem of their testcar.
Gearshift of Spark is not as good as Hyundai cars but similar or better than Maruti cars. Test car will have stiff gearing. If you want, you can TD my Spark which is 2500km old. PM me if you want to test.
Old 28th September 2007, 11:02   #52
BHPian

Quote:
hmmm yesterday i took TD of both 2 cars...but not enough satisfied.i felt spark gearshift a bit hard.may be thats the problem of their testcar. so now i am looking for Getz 1.1, we are gonna book our car in Diwali.
but still, i want to know about indigo petrol. worth buy or i should go with getz.
gearshifts are an individual preference.. I find the Swift's gear shift the best of what I have driven so far..

My friend who has a Santro and his wife say they find the Spark's better..

But if you like the Getz go for it.. but would advise the 1.3 over the 1.1. Switch on AC and try accelerating from 20 kmph in 3rd gear.. and see the response.
Again this depends on what you want from the car...
Old 28th September 2007, 11:33   #53
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hey Tushky, if you are happy with the Getz go ahead. But be warned that that engine is just too puny to cope with the additional weight. Put on the air-con or load it with passengers, and the performance is dismal. There is not enough pep for overtaking on the highway either.
I got a ride back to town in a Getz 1.3 from the Sanjay Hyundai workshop in Bhosari, Pune. The pickup seemed decent and the Hyundai mechanic easily pushed it to 100+ kmph. The ride in the rear seat was very comfortable and the car was impressive all round despite having done 70000+ kms.

The Hyundai guy also recommended Getz 1.3 over the 1.1. He said that the 1.1 is selling well because it is cheaper. Apparently the 1.1 lit engine has been massaged a little and is a little more powerful and smoother than the Santro's, but nevertheless is inadequate for the car's weight.

Last edited by rks : 28th September 2007 at 11:36.
Old 28th September 2007, 12:25   #54
BHPian

Quote:
hmmm yesterday i took TD of both 2 cars...but not enough satisfied
Could you elaborate on the TD a little more and what exactly you are didn't like. It will help for us to give you suggestions.

Of all the cars I had TD'd the Indica had the most difficult gear shift of the hatchbacks.
Old 28th September 2007, 14:40   #55
Senior - BHPian

On that note, please test drive each vehicle with atleast TWO dealers. Maintenance of test pieces is often suspect, and each piece may have its quirks. More test drives the better
Old 28th September 2007, 17:12   #56
BHPian

Indigo petrol: Great space and comfort + big boot. Thats about it. Fit and finish is not good. And as someone else mentioned it does not age well. Not a fun car to drive as well. Gear shift not up to the mark and not free revving. The most i do not like about the car is the steering at higher speeds.
Old 28th September 2007, 17:23   #57
Senior - BHPian

okay about the spark td
car looks realy cute from side and front. but rearlamps are bit big for this small car.i felt front seat a uncomfortable. rear seat was specious. pick up of the car was good. but gearshift was hard. especially 3rd gear. showroom girl said that spark can keep going slowly on 2nd and 3rd gear without pressing accelerator. this feature works in trafic.dont know why but i didnt get fun of driving in Spark.

now i choosed getz because i thought waiting period of Swift is 4 months. but today i went to showroom and asked about it.the showroom guy said that you will get swift PETROL in 15 days. so i took TD of swift and decided to go for swift. i will book it sometime in next month.

and thanks Radek about the TD , but now we have stretched our budget and going for Swift .

Last edited by tushky : 28th September 2007 at 17:31.
Old 28th September 2007, 18:29   #58
BHPian

Quote:
. so i took TD of swift and decided to go for swift. i will book it sometime in next month.

and thanks Radek about the TD , but now we have stretched our budget and going for Swift .
Congrats Tushky on your selection..Swift is a sporty car. As you have probably realised.. TD is THE way and buying a car for yourself..

have fun and drive safe.

Nimz & Sparky
Old 2nd October 2007, 12:22   #59
Senior - BHPian

Sensible decision in the end. Congrats. Put up some pics & this time you don't have to spy.
Old 2nd October 2007, 12:33   #60
BHPian

Good Decision. Which model of the Swift are you buying?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks