Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2009, 13:09   #76
BHPian

The Spark is a nice car. But I think people shy away from it because of its ugly looks. Just mention in your friends circle that you are going to buy spark and see their reaction.

The worst thing is the round tail lamps . I dont understand how car manufacturers can goof up so much on the design. You can see more zen estilo's on the road than the spark.

If you really want to buy it I would suggest buy the red color so that those round tail lamps dont stand out.

Cheers,
Nitin
Old 4th January 2009, 13:15   #77
Team-BHP Support

2-3 Years ?

Its got to be Santro / Wagon R. The estilo is not selling extremely well and I have heard that its resale value ain't that great.
Old 4th January 2009, 13:18   #78
BHPian

You can go in for the Estilo Vxi with ABS. It seems like a decent buy and I dont think its overly expensive. I dont trust chevy somehow, and with the kind of trouble GM is in, who knows wat you might land up with.
Old 4th January 2009, 13:31   #79
BHPian

hmmm... thanks for all your inputs... My work involves a lot of driving so whatever car I buy would involve a decent amount of use... and I don't want a car that's rickety 1 yr down the line. How much exactly(figures) would I be losing out if I sell say a WagonR after 2/3 yrs vs a Spark after 2/3 yrs?
Old 4th January 2009, 16:35   #80
Senior - BHPian

I dont think that after 2-3 years down the line, Spark will be having a good resale.
If resale value is important, the go for Maruti Wagon R. Best as far resale value is concerned from the above three cars. Also it feels better built as compared to Estilo.

From market to market i.e. from place to place, the resale value does differ.
Old 5th January 2009, 12:19   #81
BANNED

What is the reason not to consider i10?
Old 5th January 2009, 13:22   #82
BHPian

^^Coz it's a lot more expensive than either of these cars...
Old 5th January 2009, 14:01   #83
BHPian

My Advice:- Zen Estillo

Dear Priyoban,

My $0.02 advice to you :- Zen Estillo,

Reasons behind my advice :- I conciously bought the Zen Estillo Sports about 15 days back and very happy with my decision ( Despite all negative read about it here ) You may read my Zen Estillo review thread in hatchback forums.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...xi-sports.html

PS:- Maruti car resale value any time better than any one else. Spares available anytime anywhere extensive network/service. Zen Estillo although not favoured amongst many here I still drop my $0.02 . My advice it is good value for money.

To decide always follow your own individual instincts after taking advice from one and all including me. Thats what i did, I read about all reviews at many sites and then made a list of what i wanted vesus what is available and narrowed it down. Must say im happy with my personal choice / decision.

Hope this helps you decide the car of your dream.

Do let us all know about your new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyoban View Post
Hey Guys
I'm pretty confused at the moment and really need your help with this predicament. I need to get a car for myself. So zeroed in on these options. Now I really like the spark over the WagonR/Estilo however I only plan to use the car for like 2-3 yrs. So how much would I be loosing out (depreciation) when I sell the car off in that time?

So what I'm trying to ask is that I keep reading everywhere that the spark is a much better car altho it has lower resale value... and I have my heart set on the Spark but is it worth buying the car if I plan to keep it for only 2-3 yrs or does it make more sense to get the either of the Maruti cars?

Can the performance and satisfaction of driving the Spark offset the rate of Depreciation? Approx how much money would I be losing out if were to sell a spark after 2-3 yrs as opposed to either of these maruti cars?

Also do the variants of a particular model make a difference to the resale value? Im thinking Spark LS v/s Spark LT.

Thanks ppl.
Old 5th January 2009, 14:27   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can the performance and satisfaction of driving the Spark offset the rate of Depreciation?
Other than the engine refinement and slightly better handling, there isn't any performance advantage of a Spark over Estilo/WagonR.

Although Spark is a great VFM car, in current scenario, i would recommend a Maruti over it.
Old 5th January 2009, 22:28   #85
Senior - BHPian

I recommand Spark over Maruti car. I have owned 3 Maruti cars and I can tell you If you look for something practical never buy Maruti car. Maruti car don't give good space, no comfort, no practicality. Just 1 highway drive car will be full of dust which means cheap idea/material used in Maruti cars. Travel 400km in a day in Maruti car and its competition, anyone can feel how uncomfortable Maruti car is.

Spark wins miles ahead of Estilo. Spark has best ride comfort and super silent engine.

I am still very happy with my Alto (thanks to Michellin tyres) this is best small car for city/highway use with limitations like max. 3 people can seat comfortably with 2 bags of luggage, best FE, good AC in highway, easy to drive.

Please remember people recommand Maruti car because they think they get best FE, easy to service, cheap, best resale value, but they don't understand owning pleasure is important than other factors like FE, comfort, resale, service etc. Please don't fall prey.

I still recommand Alto If one needs small car. This is Maruti's best product. But other cars like Estilo/WagonR/Swift/Dezire/Sx4 not good at all. Why buy them when we get better cars from other brands.

Still there is no car which can compete with Alto I do agree that point

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 6th January 2009, 07:53   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I recommand Spark over Maruti car. I have owned 3 Maruti cars and I can tell you If you look for something practical never buy Maruti car. Maruti car don't give good space, no comfort, no practicality. Just 1 highway drive car will be full of dust which means cheap idea/material used in Maruti cars. Travel 400km in a day in Maruti car and its competition, anyone can feel how uncomfortable Maruti car is.
- One highway drive in any car will make it dusty ? or does dust come only on maruti material and spares non maruti cars? Maruti cars have been around for 25 years and is very spacious ( my zen is in front seat and back for my height at least) Umm I have driven a maruti car and been passenger at different times for 400 kms plus rides at a stretch and found it comfortable.

[quote=ravibhat;1117776]
Spark wins miles ahead of Estilo. Spark has best ride comfort and super silent engine.

- No comments on that.but ZEN = Zero Engine Noise .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post

I am still very happy with my Alto (thanks to Michellin tyres) this is best small car for city/highway use with limitations like max. 3 people can seat comfortably with 2 bags of luggage, best FE, good AC in highway, easy to drive.

Please remember people recommand Maruti car because they think they get best FE, easy to service, cheap, best resale value, but they don't understand owning pleasure is important than other factors like FE, comfort, resale, service etc. Please don't fall prey.

I still recommand Alto If one needs small car. This is Maruti's best product. But other cars like Estilo/WagonR/Swift/Dezire/Sx4 not good at all. Why buy them when we get better cars from other brands.

Still there is no car which can compete with Alto I do agree that point

Regards,

Ravi.
I disagree with you there Ravi as i find that Alto is under powered when compared to the Zen.
Old 6th January 2009, 18:22   #87
BHPian

Both the cars suffer from terrible resale - so choose your pick: better service (Estilo) or better ride (Spark)?
Old 6th January 2009, 22:53   #88
BHPian

Hey ppl. guess what went ahead and booked myself a spark lt against all the advice here but whatever ya'll mentioned helped a lot thank you all so much . liked what porus said about listening to your own instinct.

Well neway new developments. the dealer told me about a rate of interest of 11.75 from SBI and the bank called me up today telling me what documents they need. They needed a Form 16 which I dont have(fresh out of college. just been working for 4 months now.). Without this they can't give me a loan. so what options am I looking at here. already down 25k (booking amount). pls advise.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 7th January 2009 at 16:10. Reason: see note in post
Old 7th January 2009, 09:56   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well neway new developments... the dealer told me about a rate of interest of 11.75 from SBI and the bank called me up today telling me what documents they need. They needed a Form 16 which I dont have(fresh out of college... just been working for 4 months now...). Without this they can't give me a loan... so what options am I looking at here... already down 25k (booking amount)... pls advise.
First of all congrats on your choice!
Yes Public sector banks ask for Form 16 of previous 2 years. Private banks like HDFC and ICICI are lenient on this, but they charge higher ROI (14.xx %). Without employment proof anyways, it will be difficult to get the loan, specially in the current slowdown. If you have some Fixed deposit or savings with a particular bank which is atleast equal to the loan amount you require, you can try to get loan against FD from that bank. Otherwise take the loan on someone else's name, eg. working Father/Mother/Brother/Sister, and pay the EMIs yourself.
Old 7th January 2009, 15:47   #90
BHPian

Good choice.

In highways, I have seen many spark's going on 120 comfortably. They could even accelerate and overtake at that speed. I think, you can touch 120 easily in Spark.

Very good car also for highway.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks