Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2007, 23:40   #1
Senior - BHPian

Chevy Spark or Suzuki Zen Estilo

my family is looking for new car. currently we own Omni. now want to buy hatchback. budget is upto 4.5 lakhs.
now i am confused Between spark and estilo. which one is better buy? we just want a comfy car for 5 people. i like estilo but still outdated model image( international market) let me down. and about spark small boot let me down. please suggest me a good choice.
Old 26th September 2007, 00:14   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
we just want a comfy car for 5 people. i like estilo but still outdated model image( international market) let me down. and about spark small boot let me down. please suggest me a good choice.
5 adults? both cars would be cramped.. whats your usage? some more parameters would help..

Nimz
Old 26th September 2007, 00:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

For five. Indica. Period.

Else Spark is miles ahead of estilo. Estilo is just an odd looking angled box. Spark OTOH is cute, curvy and much better NVH, good pickup, and much better ride, esp rear seat. Personally liked more than even swift for rear seat.
Old 26th September 2007, 01:11   #4
BHPian

I personally didn't like the Spark - it's too tiny. I ended up getting the Estilo, and am more than satisfied with it.

Looks are subjective. A lot of people (like phamilyman above) don't like the Estilo, whereas I on the other hand think that with good alloys the Estilo looks kickass. The Spark on the other hand looks like a toy to me, and I especially don't like the rear lights (the rear of the car looks like a clown face to me, with the lights being his dimples ). But I can understand if someone doesn't like the looks of the Estilo either. So to each their own!

Take a test drive in both cars and figure it out on your own.
Old 26th September 2007, 01:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

4.5lakhs, a little stretch and you get the better & bigger Swift VXi. Why not Swift Lxi falls in your budget as well and better then the Estilo and Spark by a quarter mile.
Old 26th September 2007, 07:23   #6
BHPian

For 5 adults, both estilo and spark will be uncomfortable. You can consider Swift or Indica.
Old 26th September 2007, 08:33   #7
Senior - BHPian

Between the two, i'd suggest the spark. Why dont u look at the getz prime 1.1??? It may be a little sluggish, but nothing beats it on space!
Old 26th September 2007, 09:37   #8
BHPian

Getz 1.3 -> 5lkh OTR
Getz 1.1 -> around or less than 4.5 OTR

See how much you can get by just putting 50k more.

Test drive with 5 persons sitting in the car in all the shortlisted cars and you will get your answer.
Old 26th September 2007, 09:42   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Tushky, the Spark is a far superior hatchback to the Estilo. If its between the two, shut your eyes and pick the Spark up. You might also want to check out the Swift (may be a stretch of budget though).

If seating 5 in comfort is the most significant influence, then its the Getz or the Indica. For everything else, look between the Spark and the Swift.
Old 26th September 2007, 09:53   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
. and about spark small boot let me down. please suggest me a good choice.
Boot is relatively smaller than Estilo.. yes but enough.. You can keep a medium size quitcase side down.. I shifted houses using the Spark.. not that bad. You can always pulll down the back seats and load to your hearts content.
Old 26th September 2007, 09:57   #11
Senior - BHPian

thanks. we are 4 adults and one kid.
in my budget spark or estilo give me everything like PW,PS,AC...etc.. i also interested in swift. but in LXI i get nothing. but still about swift VXI.. Dad ko pata raha hoon..
about indica- taxi image, quality problems and other engine problems.
i like Palio but 1.1lt feels underpowered. and 1.6 is around 5 lakhs otr.
how about Aveo U-Va?? i am going to take testdrive's of U-va and Spark soon.
Old 26th September 2007, 10:07   #12
BHPian

I too agree with vebmetal. If the car looks good to you then the looks gets 100% in your rating whatever others might say. When I raised a similar 'What car' question people kept saying about estilo's looks but then it looks good to us. I have an Estilo Vxi and absolutely enjoy the car. The boot space is something to reckon with. Spark is definitely a good car too. I dropped Spark from consideration because I was not comfortable with the A.S.S of GM and this being my first car.
But then Estilo is good enough for 4 and if it going to be 5, the rear 3 passengers should be of waist around 30-34 inches max. The best is to take a TD with your entire family. I did that and on the same day booked Estilo! My brother-in-law has an indica and for 5 people I think it is the BEST out there.
Old 26th September 2007, 10:22   #13
BHPian

I own a Spark. You are right that boot is small. I have top end LT model that comes with 60:40 split. This is very useful when I have to carry something bigger than suitcase. Ofcourse you can not do this when there are 5 people in the car.

Personally, I think Spark is great car even with shortcoming of its boot space. Unlike someone said here, Spark is not exactly tiny if you compare its interior dimension with other cars in same class.
Old 26th September 2007, 10:34   #14
Senior - BHPian

Tushky,

Estilo has got Driver side Airbag and ABS as an option and fits perfectly in your budget. Plus, its a Maruti so service would be cheap and hassle free hopefully!. My 2 cents, if you love your life and respect the life of others, Estilo matches your requirements else, its the UV-A
Old 26th September 2007, 10:35   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Photoman,

Go for the Spark. Refreshingly well-proportioned/balanced vehicle

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks