Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2007, 12:10   #1

Buy Indica DLG or wait for Indica Dicor???

Hi Friends,
Need help, i am planning to buy new Indica DLG in this navratre(mid Oct). Should i wait for the new indica dicor or should i go ahead and buy.

Any new models coming in OND quarter 07. My budget is 4 to 4.5 lacs with average running of 1000kms a month.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for all the responses.

Gagan
Old 26th September 2007, 14:21   #2
BHPian

If your budget is 4.5 L then go ahead and buy the DLG. Going by the price difference between Indigo TDi and Dicor, indica Dicor would be about 50K over the current price. And at 5L, i'd rather pay 20K more and buy the swift LDi.
Old 26th September 2007, 14:25   #3
Team-BHP Support

Also, if you can wait, I think the new Fiat cars that are due might be worth a lookin. Getz CRDI too.
Old 26th September 2007, 14:49   #4
Team-BHP Support

Unless you are a die-hard Maruti fan it may not be so easy to decide. Remember, Indica X1 will be bigger, better and will sport a Fiat engine... the same that Swift provides as DDiS. So the engines are same and the space is arguably much much bigger than what Swift provides. If it also has some good looks and fit-and-finish to match it may very well run the bare-bones Swift LDi (and maybe even the VDi) really close and may even trump it. So that won't be so close a decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
And at 5L, i'd rather pay 20K more and buy the swift LDi.
Coming back to the original query, Gagan if you can wait till the year end and are in not a big hurry I would rather suggest you wait for the launch of the Indica X1 platform. Indications are that it will come with a good few engine choices. The NA engine is being sized up for higher power output besides the common rail engines which may come in bothe Fiats MJD and Tata's Dicor flavors. The size and aesthetics along with the fit and finish are also supposed to better than the current Indicas. It promises to be a very different animal.

However if you need a car 'now' then of course at around 4-4.5 lacs Indica Turbo is a really good deal.

Last edited by Zappo : 26th September 2007 at 14:51.
Old 27th September 2007, 10:39   #5

Thanks !!!

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I am a die hard TATA fan, i own Indica 99 model(4gear, without power steering). My car is still in very good condition and i am fully satisfied with the tata prod.

What i am thinking is, To buy an Indica DLG turbo now & use it for couple of years. By that time we will have pleanty of more options(cars from VW, fiat, tata, honda, toyota, skoda and so on(hatchbacks)) and in the next couple of years every one would know which car is performing and which car is worth buying.

Its just just that i am not able to make up my mind what to do, should i wait or should i go ahead and buy Indica DLG.

Once again thanks for your suggestions.

Gagan
Old 2nd October 2007, 22:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

As you are die hard TATA fan, my suggestion would be go with Turbo. You will also get good discounts as the festive season is kicking in. Moreover, you will be keeping the car only for next 2~3 years......
Old 9th October 2007, 13:01   #7

NA vs Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gags12 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I am a die hard TATA fan, i own Indica 99 model(4gear, without power steering). My car is still in very good condition and i am fully satisfied with the tata prod.

What i am thinking is, To buy an Indica DLG turbo now & use it for couple of years.

Hey guys would appreciate some inputs on a similar dilemma.
Though mine is about which Indica model...
NA vs DLS vs DLG

I have read all the threads out here on this topic and would like inputs from various owners.

The primary concern is maintenance. I have owned a 2002 DLS and only sold it this week. 80k kms. No problems at all till now.
I just wanted to get a new car since it has been a while.
Still sticking to indica though..am phenomenally pleased with the indica.

So guys...any inputs on maintenance of turbo engines?
also, does the intercooler with the 14" footwear make a noticeable difference?

thanks!

Most Viewed