Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2007, 19:59   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_aryan View Post
@fiat owners and experts please give the real picture
Jumping in late, but thought i'd add my $.02. I've owned a Palio Stile 1.6 for about 3 months now, and have had to change a silencer assembly, fuel pump and front bumper in this time (yeah - totally unlucky!) I've had to wait about 6-7 days for each part to be shipped from Pune. The first time, the car was parked in the service center, and the second, i was driving around with a torn bumper. Am i a disappointed customer - absolutely not. The driving pleasure more than makes up for the service hassle, and i feel there is definite improvement from 3 months back to now.
Old 4th October 2007, 20:14   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingummy View Post
Jumping in late, but thought i'd add my $.02. I've owned a Palio Stile 1.6 for about 3 months now, and have had to change a silencer assembly, fuel pump and front bumper in this time (yeah - totally unlucky!) I've had to wait about 6-7 days for each part to be shipped from Pune. The first time, the car was parked in the service center, and the second, i was driving around with a torn bumper. Am i a disappointed customer - absolutely not. The driving pleasure more than makes up for the service hassle, and i feel there is definite improvement from 3 months back to now.

Whoa !! That hurts ! So, is STILE compromised on quality . I haven't heard of a car with so many issues in 3 months . Please enlighten on the kms you have done till now.
Old 4th October 2007, 21:32   #33
BHPian

The torn bumper does not relate to quality of the car. It is related to the driving style of the driver.

I would consider the situation as a family member being hospitalised and got back home after a good medication and ready to rock again.

So if the case would have been "Fiat saying sorry to suppy" then its a scary thing.

IMHO the problem is not even with Fiat, its all related to sales figures. If Palio would have been still a hit in sales then you would have got spares very easily as dealer tend to store them. And currently which is not.
Old 5th October 2007, 01:12   #34
BHPian

There is another point to ponder upon, one that I just thought of while sitting on the back bench of the Swift 10 mins back- SPACE!! I'm talking about the lack of it. Wifey and myself felt really uncomfortable in a friend's Swift D. The drive lasted for not more than 45 mins, a good enough time to judge the comfort levels of that car. All I can say is Palio's rear seats feel much much more spacious and airy in comparison. With my friend pushing the front seats behind to the max, I had to spread my legs to either sides of the front seats. And I'm just your average sized indian... so I'd say its a strict four seater, while others in that segment are genuine five seaters. If you have a growing family, thats one thing to think of.

Last edited by roms : 5th October 2007 at 01:13.
Old 5th October 2007, 06:36   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rganeshiyer View Post
Whoa !! That hurts ! So, is STILE compromised on quality . I haven't heard of a car with so many issues in 3 months . Please enlighten on the kms you have done till now.
Quality issues?? Now where did i say that? The first incident was a huge rock in the middle of the road, and the second was a motorcyclist doing 60-70kmph on the wrong side of the road. There haven't been any quality issues so far...
Old 5th October 2007, 11:47   #36
BHPian

To be fair, the horrible experience I had with Fiat spares might be limited to Petra which is far less popular than Palio. I would like to hear experiences of other Petra owners in getting spares.
Old 5th October 2007, 14:43   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Quality issues?? Now where did i say that? The first incident was a huge rock in the middle of the road, and the second was a motorcyclist doing 60-70kmph on the wrong side of the road. There haven't been any quality issues so far...
Hey Raghu,

Thanks for the info. I guess too much analysis leads to paralysis and all cars tend to have +ves and -ves but yes, if the +ves outnumber the -ves, then it is worth buying. That's what I have been attempting to find through these threads and I must say the +ves for the Palio seem to be more. I have also become a keen observer on the roads of Bangalore and find more Palios now than before. Is it the better service from TATA that turning the tides for this gentle giant ? I definitely think so !
Old 5th October 2007, 15:02   #38
BHPian

Quote:
That gives the correct picture and will clear all the myth about the quality.

Personally I have found 1 issues in my 1 yr of ownership and that was the headlamp (the level adjustment type) assly fogging. I got it replaced free of cost (as in Warranty) and that too without a single day waiting. It was readily available with the service center.

I was scared by people that I might have to fight for getting it replaced and then wait for a week to get that in stock and fitted.

Nothing that sort happned, all went smooth.
Old 5th October 2007, 15:13   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Raghu,

It would also be great if you let us know the deal you got on your purchase ? Which dealer did you pick it up from ? I am planning to take it from Concorde if I decide on the Palio.regards.
Old 5th October 2007, 16:30   #40
BANNED

the best thing about palio1.1 are its comfort level,ac, suspension and VALUE FOR MONEY. in the price of 3.9 lacks you are getting the top model while in getz and swift you are getting the lowest model at 4.3 lacks!
Old 5th October 2007, 16:55   #41
BHPian

Great going.
Another prospect and possible addition to palio Club.
You will not regret the buy.
Old 5th October 2007, 19:05   #42

Is'nt it worth to wait for Palio Diesel (the multijet CRD on Swift) expected to come in 2008?
Do not mean to add to confusion, but the FE of 1.6 does not sound encouraging.
Old 5th October 2007, 19:27   #43
BHPian

Hi rganeshiyer!

I hope you have a clearer picture about fiat cars after reading so many comments. I own a Palio 1.2 ELX NV since last 9 months. At the time of purchasing, i did not know much about cars and i even did not care to do too much R&D because i felt it will confuse me further. So, as many have mentioned, when i did not apply logic (resale value, mileage etc) and just went ahead what my heart said - Fiat Palio was the result. This was my first car and I have learned car driving with this car.

There have been couple of issues in last 11000 KMS. Initially,there was some problem with switch device for indicators (i forgot the name of device) and i got it replaced couple of times (it was readily available). Then I have broken the sun visor and i took almost 20 days (even more) to get it replaced. the reason given was that they have to get it shipped from outside the country. (they had a black one in stock but not the beige one). Apart from it, there were other smaller issues mostly related to servicing (not parts); i even had occasional fights or heated arguments with service center but than i realised that its the way they function and less to do with fiat service. Overall, i can say that there is still an issue with availability of certain type of parts and as somebody already mentioned, it may be because of number of fiat cars sold. But, common parts are available. For the records, with my 1.2 ELX, the FE i am getting is between 10-12 KMPL with AC on (90%) in city driving and between 15-17 KMPL on free routes (highway etc).

My friend had bought a swift(petrol) around the same time and we almost face similar issues at service center- be it time taken or quality of work done. I guess you and others are better in talking about more technical issues of both the cars but for me, it still feels better, when i am inside a fiat Palio on a driver seat. Moreover, in my view, there will be some issue or others with each and every car.

Though it is apparently very confusing to make this decision but than it can also be very easy thing. Take a good and logical and intelligent and popular decision- Buy Swift; Take a smart decision - Go for Fiat Stile 1.6!

I agree with many others, swift is a better package (car+aftr SS+ resale value+etc) and Palio is better car! Don't worry much, get the car (anyone) and start enjoying it - who has seen the future.
Old 5th October 2007, 22:16   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwal View Post
Hi rganeshiyer!
Though it is apparently very confusing to make this decision but than it can also be very easy thing. Take a good and logical and intelligent and popular decision- Buy Swift; Take a smart decision - Go for Fiat Stile 1.6!

I agree with many others, swift is a better package (car+aftr SS+ resale value+etc) and Palio is better car! Don't worry much, get the car (anyone) and start enjoying it - who has seen the future.

PERFECT. I think this is spot on. It cant be said better.
Old 6th October 2007, 16:00   #45
BANNED

palio is a car for those who think from their heart not necessarily head! we indians have the mentality to follow a succesful trend and are afraid to try out sumthing new. go for palio if you intend to keep the car for more than 7-8 years after that resale factor becomes less important.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks