Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2007, 16:51   #46
BHPian

Achtung baby ! Here I come !

Folks,

After giving heavy weightage to the comments from this forum and my desires, I have decided to go in for the Palio Formula Red 1.6 Sport version.

Wish me many days of pleasure and peace with this gentle giant ! I am sure I would get in touch soon with all the nitty-gritties of the car to understand her better. Team BHP rocks like no other !!!
Old 9th October 2007, 18:53   #47
BHPian

Hey congrats. Good luck, happy and safe motoring.
Old 9th October 2007, 19:22   #48
Senior - BHPian

Ganesh, Many Congrats on your choice of Palio 1.6 Sports!

Enjoy driving that Italian beast!
Old 9th October 2007, 20:22   #49
Senior - BHPian

congrats ganesh. Just take care of her. She wont make you feel sad.

All the best and drive safe.
Old 9th October 2007, 21:38   #50
BANNED

congrats buddy. welcome to the palio club!
i know you wont be dissapointed. do share in your experiences and pass on the feedback!
Old 10th October 2007, 20:54   #51
BHPian

Fiat Sales figures

Folks,

Could one of you share the sales data / provide the link to the same , for FIAT cars for the past 3 months ? Just interested to know if the sales figures are encouraging for FIAT. I just read a thread about 2 Elantras being sold last month and Hyundai planning to discontinue them....surely, I don't want to be in a similar position.

Hugely appreciate any help on this.
Old 11th October 2007, 00:15   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

@rganeshiyer
Check out the following link.
Fiat sold 200+ Palios for the last two months.
vasudeva - MONTHLY DOMESTIC SALES.
Taken from the thread -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...alysis-30.html
Old 11th October 2007, 09:01   #53
BHPian

Congrats on your decision!! The most important thing is to buy a car YOU like than buying a car what others like!!
Old 11th October 2007, 14:23   #54
BHPian

Ganesh, Congrates on your decision. I drive Palio 1.2 and my very close friend has 1.6 GTX. You will love driving and you will definitly be satisfied on your purchase. I have driven many cars in 4-5 lakhs segment including Swift, but the driving pleasure you get from Palio, i did not find with any other hatchback. Enjoy.

***: I have changed clutch assambly of my palio within a day. My friend have replaced timing belt and some of the bearing near timing belt on the same day. Yeah, my another friend has replaced complete gear box including the outer assambly and he has to wait for a week to get the car back. But that was a part which rarely required.
Old 11th October 2007, 14:25   #55

congrats on the 1.6 sport...u should have seriously considered the swift diesel...its a pocket rocket...and it is easy on your pocket
Old 11th October 2007, 20:40   #56
BHPian

Love at second sight !

I went to Concorde motors on Hosur Road again. Had a closer look at the finish and built of the Palio.I am mighty impressed.

The sales guy also took me to the workshop and he seemed mighty impressed...I wasn't....thought it was a bit disorganised ( maybe this is what everyone will feel after seeing the BIMAL maruti workshop which is impeccable).

I also negotiated the price and got a good deal. Plan to book on Saturday.

I am sure convinced that my Janie's got a gun !

FIAT marketing....you morons...learn to sell a thunderbird like Palio 1.6 in India fast....or atleast sell FIAT India to maruti.
Old 11th October 2007, 22:51   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rganeshiyer View Post
I went to Concorde motors on Hosur Road again. Had a closer look at the finish and built of the Palio.I am mighty impressed.

The sales guy also took me to the workshop and he seemed mighty impressed...I wasn't....thought it was a bit disorganised ( maybe this is what everyone will feel after seeing the BIMAL maruti workshop which is impeccable).

I also negotiated the price and got a good deal. Plan to book on Saturday.

I am sure convinced that my Janie's got a gun !

FIAT marketing....you morons...learn to sell a thunderbird like Palio 1.6 in India fast....or atleast sell FIAT India to maruti.
Congratulations Ganesh. Dont worry about the mileage. I am consistently getting 11+ in bangalore (with 50%-60% ac) for my Petra. Last couple of mileage figures are 11.5 and 11.75 kmpl.
I regularly fill at Shell annd I am a relatively fast driver (touch 140-150 often on NICE road).
Old 11th October 2007, 23:09   #58
BHPian

Congrats buddy. The Red 1.6 looks real hot!! Happy motoring.
Old 12th October 2007, 00:20   #59
BHPian

Buy it ... buy it man. One warning though... you buy this thing and most other things (cars) with a bigger price tag will seem less worthy. Gimme a choice between say the Civic or Palio, and I'd still take the 1.6 for driving pleasure.What? I'm crazy you say?

And you seem to be the kind who puts driving pleasure on top of the list. So you should hopefully enjoy your motor. Who knows, this might be the last of the big engined petrol hatches.Good luck and have fun.
Old 12th October 2007, 10:46   #60
BHPian

Friends....i have purchased Palio Stile 1.6 sport........Taking Delivery Today. Any suggestions for pre-delivery or things to be discussed with dealer before taking the vehicle....

regards
Arjun
Hyderabad

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks