Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2007, 09:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

If you have set a timeline for yourself go by it. In case the car is not here till April and there is no concrete information available, go for the car which best meets your requirements at that time. Some new cars will be on road by then and you will have a wider choice available.

As far as Auto Car predictions are concerned, they had projected an end 2008 launch for the Getz Diesel although the car had already been launched by the time the magazine hit the newstands.
Old 13th October 2007, 09:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

With TATA deciding to manufacture FIAT's, the lauch dates would happen ASAP. Probably the second half of 2008 would be a good time to expect. ANd is Grande Punto Worth the wait? Well it "was" and it "will" be if TATA does not decide ot give it an Indica Fit and Finish!!!!!
Old 14th October 2007, 23:34   #18
BHPian

The Grande Punto will be one of the most spacious, economical and good looking cars of the segment when it does arrive. Whether this car is worth waiting for would depend on how dire your need of a car is i.e. if you can put off the purchase till the actual launch date - a date we don't know.

Another factor that would determine if it would be worth the wait is how the competition shapes up - Skoda Fabia is one of the new cars expected. Prices of the Fusion D and Getz D may be revised by then (just a hypothetical situation). All these factors will decide how much bang for the buck the Grande Punto ends up to be, and consequently whether it will be worth waiting for.

~Strider
Old 16th October 2007, 00:13   #19
BHPian

gemithomas ... Tata is "manufacturing" Fiats ? :spy:
Old 11th August 2008, 12:27   #20
BHPian

Any updates on the launch?
Old 11th August 2008, 12:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~ View Post
Any updates on the launch?
Fiat officials in the newspapers are mentioning about '08 end or beginning '09 launch. There is no confirmed news yet but lots of rumours about '08 launch. I wonder how they ll manage that when Bravo and Linea are yet to be launched.
Old 11th August 2008, 12:35   #22
BHPian

first quarter 2009.

following cars are on the priority list of FIL:

1. Bravo (CBU) - (16 - 18 Lakhs) - most likely around DIWALI

2. Linea ( 7 - 9 Lakhs) -Post DIWALI

3. Grand Punto ( 5 - 7 Lakhs) first quarter 2009 if things fall in place as per FIL's plan

Last edited by kapilsharma80 : 11th August 2008 at 12:36.
Old 11th August 2008, 23:06   #23
BHPian

Saw a Tamil Nadu registered 500 on the road last week. And trust me, not even a porsche can do what that car did. Every single neck in the vicinity was craning to get a glimpse.

Cant wait for the Bravo to start selling. and if you are looking to buy the Bravo, then you might also want to consider the VW Scirocco, which i hear may hit the markets mid-2009. it is possibly the sexiest hatchback i've seen( the alfa mito is also a stunner!)
Old 19th October 2008, 00:16   #24
BHPian

Don't expect the car any time soon , maybe in first quarter of 2009 but it's just another MAYBE.
Old 20th October 2008, 18:24   #25
BHPian

Fiat is behind disappointing its lovers in launching its cars. I think they should not delay launches any more. We have all new player entering the game, and we know what impression people have on it. So to fix that impression Fiat have to speed up in launches. Even before models from Nissan, Toyota, VW, Volvo, Renualt, hit the market in its target segment.
Old 20th October 2008, 19:24   #26
BHPian

Note to Moderators/Support:

This thread is for Hatchback car (Punto), so please move to right section.
Old 22nd October 2008, 00:41   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpursuit View Post
wht about 1.9L multijet...will they bring that too as a hot hatch....
In my opinion they should bring..heard that its more fuel efficient than the 1.3L multijet...
1.9L multijet is more fuel efficient ,can you please give some pointers?
Old 24th October 2008, 13:20   #28
BHPian

testing of the cars is going on

I have seen a lot of lineas and puntos being tested in Pune, and i have been seeing them for over an year and for a rally they actually sold two bravo's the sales guy said it was to fulfill some form of a regulation before entering the car for the rally, i see one of them every other day at ABC farms in Pune. looks brilliant and every one who has seen it keeps asking about the price.

Why they are delaying the launch is really beyond me. But it will be worth the wait, especially if you already have a car, but then again with the launch of nano and other entrants from suzuki and hyundai the second hand market is surely going to take a beating, so the best thing to do is sell now and keep the money safe and buy a fiat when ever they are going to launch.

It will be worth the wait -- from one palio lover to another
Old 24th October 2008, 15:05   #29
BHPian

I am almost Dead waiting for Punto here. Dont know why is company delaying it so much. Have decided will wait till March if still it doesnt launch I will put my money on Swift D. And will forget FIAT as a brand forever. Is anyone Listening....
Old 24th October 2008, 16:13   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
I am almost Dead waiting for Punto here. Dont know why is company delaying it so much. Have decided will wait till March if still it doesnt launch I will put my money on Swift D. And will forget FIAT as a brand forever. Is anyone Listening....
Any info about the Pricing of Punto? will its pricing be matching with Swift D?
Any final dates of Punto launching in india.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed