Team-BHP - 2002 Palio GTX for 2.4L?? not just advice , help also needed.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   2002 Palio GTX for 2.4L?? not just advice , help also needed. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/29928-2002-palio-gtx-2-4l-not-just-advice-help-also-needed.html)

Helo fellow BHPians,

I am Teja,from Hyderabad.I had been a passive member of this forum for about a month ,before joining(inevitable u see),reading many threads .Coming to point,
I wanted to by a car by next Feb/March(2008) and so started my research last month. This is going to be my first car(don't even know driving ,other than pc gaming ).Since, my engineering days i was in love with palio/sienna as far as cars go(not that there are no better cars in the world, but for a budget in india, they are unbeatable , no?). Though smell of new car is enticing, my brain urges me to look at a used car first and after some time down the future i will go for a brand new one. So , looked at some M800s,altos,esteems,corsa,astra (at broker/agent) and finally as luck will have it , today I came across an ad offering a 2002 Palio GTX run 27Km(owner went for states for 2yrs in between) asking a price of 2.4L. Insurance recently done(lasts till aug08). Did not see the car but spoke to the owner over phone. He seems to be reluctant to budge about price citing the low milage and comprehensive insurance etc.,. Those are ok, but Carwale price is some where around 1.88-1.98. Even 2.0L is ok provided car is in real 'Good' condition.
Tommorrow, i will go and have a look at the car, speak to the owner. becuase i do not know driving , may be i have to take my cousin later (he drives a fiesta).

Now, Please help by pointing out what to look for in the car( engine side and exterior) and how can I bargain( solid points for which the owner cannot say no).
This is my first car( dont even know driving ) and But if am going to buy anything now it is going to be palio or even if not now then a year later , when i can have enough cash to buy a new one.
B.T.W in another ad a 2002 1.2sport model is up for sale at 1.75lakh. seems to be decent pricing but it has done 43000Km. Also, specs wise 1.6 beats 1.2, else i would have gone for 1.2. Anyway, if possible i will have a look at it also tommorrow.
Fellow Bhpians , please pour in your inputs/advices/tips/cautions/anything that can help me to take a right decision.
Thank you.

Friend

i have a Palio S10 in kickass condition. done 54k.. new Pirelli tyres, all leather and all the goods one can expect.. am planning to sell it.
let me know
peace out
Suraj

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suraj (Post 593543)
Friend

i have a Palio S10 in kickass condition. done 54k.. new Pirelli tyres, all leather and all the goods one can expect.. am planning to sell it.
let me know
peace out
Suraj

Well, Suraj thanks for the offer, one of the two cars i mentioned was in a pathetic condition (badly abused by its owner) and other the guy is refusing to reduce even a rupee(personally -the machine is not worth the price).Apart from these, me and my cousin went to malik cars to enquire about their support for old palios and got a pretty negative reply from the reps there. The seem to be least cared about erstwhile palios( i doubt if they do care about the present ones at all). So all this put in me in a dilemma. may be palio is too good for a hyderabadi to own. Atleast some assurance from the dealer would be encouraging but these guys are too rude.mail me your contact number to kcirevam@aol.in, i'll try to meet you either this weekend or the next.
regards.

IMO 2.4 lacs is a very steep price for 2002 GTX.

I second KPZentyrewallah, 2.4: is too high, 1.6L seems more like it.

[quote=deetee;592312]Helo fellow BHPians,

This is going to be my first car(don't even know driving ,other than pc gaming ).

This is my first car( dont even know driving )

Hey Teja,

Twice you have mentioned that about you not knowing how to drive.. Chill mate - driving is no big deal. When I bought my first car (wagon-R) in Aug 2004, I had to take my fiancee to the dealership to take the delivery of the vehicle and drive it back home via a temple.
It took me not more than two days to take the wheels on my own without banging anyone :)
What I am trying to communicate here is dont get into buying a used/2nd-hand vehicle just because you dont know how to drive. Believe me, most of the first time buyers (who don't know driving - including me) have this notion of buying 2nd hand car so that the pain would be less in case you damage the car in its intial days. You hit your car - pain would be the same whether its a new or an old car - including the money you spend on repairs
With a used car, you never know what pandora's box it might turn out to be..
Go with your heart and buy a new one - you will have a peace of mind for at least 3 years.
Wait for a bit - Fiat is coming up with Linea and Punto early next year - Punto would be in your budget - and is a car that can give even Palio a run for its money - go for it and cherish the smell of new car rather than that of grease and oil that invariably comes with a used carlol:

moderators, decision postponed. please close the thread.
thankx.

Hey deetee,see this it surely will help you buddy:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...car-india.html