Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2007, 19:33   #1

swift-vxi,logan-dlx,esteem-vxi which one is better ????

Hi,
i live in bangalore and i am planning to upgrade my maruti-800 which i have . usage will be limited to city driving (30kms up and down) and occationally to other city ,which is of 200kms distance from bangalore.
i am confused and would like your expert advice on which one to go ? in terms of cost,mileage, ***, maintenance,resale value (thinking of selling it in next 5yrs or more) ,comfort (for the driver and the persons sitting on the back seats) based on my height (6feet).

hatchback :maruti swift-vxi
sedan : logan-glx , esteem-vxi
pls do let me know
Thanks
uvais
Old 16th October 2007, 21:13   #2
BHPian

Hi uvais,
As far as resale value is considered, i guess it has to be swift. If you need low maintainence costs, then nothing else other than Maruti.
You havent mentioned your budget, but looking at your choices, i guess its around 5.5L.
I personally felt that at a price range of 5.5L for the kind of driving you have indicated, two cars that you can consider are Esteem and Ford Ikon Flair(wont give you gud resale).
Among the hatchbacks you may consider UVA(again not much on resale front) and swift(dosent have gud rear seat comfort).

Personally after being in state of confusion for 3 months I've booked Esteem VXI.

Happy hunting

Regards,
Old 16th October 2007, 21:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

I suggest Logan, Esteem being phased out ( otherwise Esteem is very good entry level sedan) very soon and Swift is 2+ yr old car now and its high on maintanance in hatchback and it offers little less space and it has lot of -ve aspects than real worth +ve advantage.

Logan has space, good ride, very good package with lot of offers right now. Its plain in look but its very cheap and offers practical stuffs.

Logan Diesel is fuel efficient too.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 16th October 2007, 22:16   #4
BHPian

Let us examine each of the contenders in terms of the factors you have mentioned:

Cost: All three are good value for money.
Mileage: The Swift and the Esteem have the same engine and nearly the same mileage, the Logan is a slightly larger one and is a big car, so the mileage is comparatively lesser but definitely acceptable.
Maintenance: All three have low running costs, but the Swift has one of the most expensive spares in the segment (source: ACI); the Esteem is best in this context. No info about the Logan spares here,
A.S.S.: Both Esteem and Swift have the best service network, the Logan is no match here.
Resale value: With the Esteem slated for a phase out, the Swift is the better bet. As for the Logan, only time can tell - being a good quality car, however, one could expect it to be good.
Comfort: Logan is the best here, a hands down winner. The Swift is cramped at the rear and the Esteem is too low (definitely not recommended for long journeys).

My recommendation: The Logan - it does decently well in some the factors mentioned here and excels in the rest - is an easy choice. Good luck.

~Strider
Old 17th October 2007, 10:17   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hello Uvais

These cars have been extensively discussed already on Team-BHP. To find the best and most comprehensive discussions, please use the search function on Team-BHP.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks