Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2007, 12:38   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

In my case, I insisted that the dealer book the car specifically for me. No existing stock. I told him I wont ask for any discounts in return. I doubt they actually booked it for me :-) But I insisted on the delivery challan as a proof that the vehicle has been delivered recently. Manufacturing date is anyway provided to you without asking. But delivery date will help you judge if the vehicle has been stocked for too long - which is less desirable. You can also check the chassis number (serial number) of all the cars you see in the stockyard/showroom. The higher the serial number, the more recent the car is.

The car should also look 'spark'ling clean. Look for shoe marks on the door sills - especially the non-driver seats. Soil marks are a sign of TD. Only driver seat gets used for pre-delivery-inspection (PDI) Other seats should be 'virgin.'

Be very firm on your demands. Pull back if you are not having your way. Make sure you also inspect the car just before going for registration (very important) and get the vehicle delivered during broad daylight.

Don't worry about the future relationship stuff. You will never see the sales manager after you buy the car. You will start dealing with service managers :-) No need to be rude, but customer is the king!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

Last edited by androdev : 17th October 2007 at 12:46.
Old 17th October 2007, 12:46   #17
BHPian

Thanks vasudeva. I shall try to give the cheque sometime tomorrow evening. That should get cleared on Thursday.
I didn't know that registration takes only one day. I thought that with government bureaucracy it would take at least 3-4 days.
I also didn't know that buying the car would be like buying a fridge. Write a cheque, take the fridge/car home the next day. He he . . . I thought that there would be more delays in taking possession of a car.
Old 17th October 2007, 13:02   #18
BHPian

On the other hand, I had better follow the Pre-delivery Inspection and Check List and take a day off
Old 17th October 2007, 13:52   #19
Senior - BHPian

If you are taking it on a weekend I'm sure one of the team-bhpians can help you in case you want any help. Send me a message and I can also come if its during the weekend.

Your car odo will show some distance. Coz it has to be taken to the RTO and back at the minimum.
Old 17th October 2007, 16:50   #20
BHPian

Thanks csentil. Will message you if I am taking delivery during the weekend, but that is doubtful. I am not sure which day to take off, if at all . . .
Old 17th October 2007, 18:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

All the very best jorge. The spark is a real good car in its category. The Warranty and Maintainence features offered by GM would surely give you peace of mind. Do enjoy your car.

Take care and Drive safe.

PS. Sorry did not go through the whole thread but did you mention which colour you are taking?
Old 18th October 2007, 09:13   #22
BHPian

@Jorge: When I took my U-VA delivery from Sundy, I had jokingly mentioned to the salesperson there that I don't want my car to be TD-ed by other people. He replied that when he delivers the car, he will give it with exactly 24Km on the ODO. He also said this is because the car has to be driven from the warehouse somewhere in the outskirts of bangy to the showroom.

When I took delivery I cross checked this... It was really 24Km.
Old 18th October 2007, 09:39   #23
BHPian

@Jorge if you goto the yard to check the car when you pay up the remainder, make a note of the odometer Kms reading. At least you will know how much it has been run. It should be very less ( i have never done this myself).
Here are some questions. Did you test drive the car? If so, did you have a car with the "Test Drive Car" marked on it? if so, then you may be safe.
Like sentil says its better to have someone who has done this before with you. It appears you are brand new to this process. So, better get help
Old 18th October 2007, 10:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Yes that is true. I have test driven a brand new Honda City and a brand new Toyota Corolla H4. Fortunately for me, there were no other TD cars available at that time. TD a new car is unlikely but it happens, and since TDs are for max 10 kms only, your new car OD would still be less than 50-100 kms. It is very difficult to find out if the new car has been test driven.
I now remember that I was fortunate enough to have test driven a new Optra 1.6 in Feb 07, courtesy Shiva Motors, Ghaziabad.
Old 18th October 2007, 10:35   #25
BHPian

Congrats Jorge. I too have booked Sparky recenetly and have made full payment. I am expecting delivery tomorrow. Mine is a Black LT from Garuda Autocraft. I will be going to their stockyard today to check my car before they register it.
Old 18th October 2007, 12:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
@Jorge if you goto the yard to check the car when you pay up the remainder, make a note of the odometer Kms reading. At least you will know how much it has been run. It should be very less ( i have never done this myself).
Here are some questions. Did you test drive the car? If so, did you have a car with the "Test Drive Car" marked on it? if so, then you may be safe.
Like sentil says its better to have someone who has done this before with you. It appears you are brand new to this process. So, better get help
No point. Maruti has a TD stickered car. But both times i went there i drove a new car that was waiting for delivery in afew days. The reason given was that the TD car had no diesel!

But no need to be worried. When you buy a relatively new car in the market, the stocks will be high and the maximum they can drive on each car would be below 50km. The ODO readings are normally tampered by removing the speedometer cable.
Old 18th October 2007, 13:01   #27
Team-BHP Support

Insist on inspecting the car in person before they process it in your name. Be it the dealership or yard, put the effort to see the car and confirm on the key number at least if not the chassis and engine number.

Take it from there, Spark is a great buy.
Old 22nd October 2007, 17:59   #28
BHPian

gemithomas, I had booked the red color.

The salesperson said that he needs a day for pre delivery and inspection and another day for registering the car. Insurance stuff will be done on the day of registration.

Does anybody know if the pre delivery and inspection is done after registering the car or before it? That is can I go to the RTO and take the car straight home after they register the car?

Jaggu, at what point do they process it in my name? I just want to know what the point of return is. Is it right after they get the full amount or after I sign some dotted line?
Old 22nd October 2007, 18:16   #29
BHPian

Venkatesh, like Nimz said, the test drive car had markings all over it. But if you search the forum, you will see that sometimes, even when dealers have a separate car for test drive, they will still give the new car that is ready for delivery to please new customers and not keep them if the test drive car is not immediately available.
Old 22nd October 2007, 20:41   #30
BHPian

congrats on choosing the spark. it looks good in red.
You should talk to your dealer and arrange for the pre delivery inspection to be done before the the registration. its very much possible. Be firm and let the dealer know your demands. then you can just drive home from the RTO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks