Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2007, 16:20   #1

Scorpio SLX CRDE or Wait for Scorpio Eagle or Used Elantra or Wait for Skoda Fabia ?

HI

I'm exteremly confused. My requirements:

-> Usage about 3000 kms/month, so looking for a Diesel Vehicle
-> Have been driving a Bolero and hence used to the height on the road. Feel a little insecure in the Sedans ( But guess i will get used to this if i ride in a sedan for a while)
-> Want the refined diesel suv/sedan.
-> Need good ground clearance

Considering these things i narrowed down on the scorpio. The Fabia Looks like a great bet ( Though small ) but i dont know when its going to be released.

Can someone help me out on deciding on what car to buy ????

If not scorpio new, would it be advisable to buy a 2 year old ?

What would your reviews be on a 3 yr old elantra CRDE ( Great engine and ground clearance) run very low mileage ?

Budget : Between 6.5 - 10 lacs ( Depending on used or new)

Need help on making a decision !!!
Old 17th October 2007, 17:51   #2
BHPian

You could try the new 2.2 Safari. It'll satisfy most of your requirements. Plus the new dicor engine is very refined, quite unlike the engines of the past.
Old 17th October 2007, 21:54   #3
BHPian

The Scorpio SLX retails at 9.4 OTR in Bangalore if i am not mistaken? I am expecting the Eagle to be a good bit more expensive than that so it might be bordering your budget. But if you're planning on a Scorpio, you might as well as wait for the Eagle and check if you are able to buy it.
Used Elantra sounds good! Though don't know if spares will be a problem in the future especially considering not too many sold in the first place. And you also travel quite a bit, so you will need spares more often than not and you definitely don't want to land up without them.
Fabia, will be good I hope. But if the Octavia is to be used as a benchmark, then ground clearance might not be great atleast not as good as a Scorpio.
Old 17th October 2007, 22:36   #4
NIP
Senior - BHPian

have you considered Ford Fusion TDCi diesel ? i think you need to TD one
Old 17th October 2007, 23:49   #5

if you are looking for an suv..WAIT FOR THE SCORPIO...all i can say is that it is better than the current one...

otherwise go in for a fiesta diesel...it is good value for money...
Old 23rd October 2007, 16:56   #6

CYRUS, I drove the Fiesta Diesel, not happy with the power. After a TD of the Fusion Diesel, i'm going to decide. Also have Skoda & Magnum on the Radar. Eagle sounds tempting but i hate these never ending waits and none of the Mahindra Folks are commital on any dates !
Old 23rd October 2007, 17:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
Im waiting for Eagle 2.2 and my penetration inot M&M tells me that except teh downsizing of the engine Eagle is same body shell as Scorpio with minor interior changes.
Has any on been to the Mahindra Customisation site where there are 5 modified Scorpios and Boleros for sale on made to order.
Check out : www.mahindra-custaimisation.com
Old 23rd October 2007, 19:01   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Im waiting for Eagle 2.2 and my penetration inot M&M tells me that except teh downsizing of the engine Eagle is same body shell as Scorpio with minor interior changes.
Was listening to an interview by Pawan Goenka[M&M] and according to him the whole assembly line is going to be changed for the all new scorpio.I feel they would not do this if the only change in the old and the new scorpio was the engine.

OT:Infact the ingenio and the new scorpio also would most likely not be sharing the same assembly line
Old 23rd October 2007, 20:23   #9

Yes have gone thru the the customization website earlier and when i spoke to the customization head one Mr. Nanda in Mumbai, he told me the charges for each one of them. 5 lacs extra for the scorpio CEO , so 10+5 = 15 lacs .... Do u think its worth ???? Inspira is 3 lacs extra..
Old 25th October 2007, 12:22   #10
Senior - BHPian

I think waiting a month or two more for the new scorpio 2.2 eagle would make more sense.

It's got to be a better vehicle than the current scorpio.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks