Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2005, 21:59   #16
Team-BHP Support

[quote=arijit][COLOR=DarkRed]Guys, I have got my NEW PALIO....albeit 1.2,,color - Passion Red,, a great car though.[/COLOR]

Congrats. Now I'm going to be in Cal during month end and you let me know where to meet you with your flashy red baby.
Old 21st January 2005, 11:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congratulation Arijit. Enjoy the ride. I too own a formaula red Palio, but it is Disel.
Old 21st January 2005, 15:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your buy, Palio is very good car.
Old 21st January 2005, 17:39   #19
BHPian

Thanks EVERYONE !!!

This kind of enthusiasm can only be found in TEAM...Team-Bhp that is.

I would post a writeup (though am not much of a writer..these days only write official emails..to the points and last long essays written were around 15yrs back .....during school days. Anyways, will definately write something about my BULL!
Old 21st January 2005, 21:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

hey arijit

awesome car and in red !! wow

ps- guys btw anyone knows of a 1.6 GTX in the same red color in bbay ??? seeen it once
not sure if the badging had been changed !! quite possible !!
Old 21st January 2005, 21:45   #21
Senior - BHPian

GTX in Formula red????????? DRRRRRooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllll........ .........
Old 21st January 2005, 23:48   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

no GTX were made in formula red ..
must be a 1.2 with changed badging unless it was repainted
Old 22nd January 2005, 01:20   #23
Senior - BHPian

GTX 1.6 was not available in Formula red but was available in Fire red.i have one.
Old 28th January 2005, 00:09   #24
Senior - BHPian

Now whats the difference between Formula Red and Fire Red ?
Old 28th January 2005, 11:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

GTX could have been custom-ordered some time back (ofcourse, now it is discontinued :-( ). One of my colleagues had almost finalized on the order. He had asked for formula red and Sundaram had agreed to that. Ofcourse, he went on to buy an Octi is another thing. But the fact was that it could have been custom-ordered in the colour of your choice some time back.
Old 28th January 2005, 22:15   #26
Senior - BHPian

fire red is somewhat a shade of maroon not like formula red which is a shade of red(blood red).
Old 29th January 2005, 09:49   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
GTX could have been custom-ordered some time back (ofcourse, now it is discontinued :-( ). One of my colleagues had almost finalized on the order. He had asked for formula red and Sundaram had agreed to that. Ofcourse, he went on to buy an Octi is another thing. But the fact was that it could have been custom-ordered in the colour of your choice some time back.
Correct, but that was not as a factory option. It was a dealer option i.e. Shaman would be painting the car for you in any colour you want.

You can get that with any new car available.

GTO
Old 18th July 2005, 12:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijit
Hi Grishn,
Yeps...they have opened up a new dealership in Kolkata... VAHAN MOTORS.

They have also got the Auth. service centre contract.
These people were A.S.S for Tata motors....now they are doing for Fiat. At the moment their service seems good..only time will tell.

Hi Arijit,

I happened to visit Vahan Motors on Saturday .. just wanted to check out the 'latest and greatest Petra' !! An was certainly floored .. wanted to drive out with one right away .. alas it will have to wait awhile ..

What I also liked was the attitude of the people at Vahan (given the fact that they are the only dealer around) .. they were very helpful and cordial .. and honest ..

Have been invited to a test drive anytime ..

I brought up the ASS topic .. and there was a quiet acceptance of the fact that it does need improving and that they are focussed on doing so .. their workshop is in South Kolkata whereas I stay near their showroomat North Kolkata. They said they have set up a process whereby North Kolkata customers can drop the car at their showroom .. the job card is prepared by talking to the service engineer over phone from their showroom .. they take the car to the workshop and deliver it back to the showroom post service ..

Sounds pretty good to me !

How has been your experience with Vahan since your last post ?
Old 18th July 2005, 14:33   #29
BHPian

congrats arijit! good color! the palio looks best in the Red, and then the Purple color of the NV
Old 18th July 2005, 15:03   #30
BHPian

Hi Insane Devil ... Thanks on you compliments.

Hi Shuvo,

Petra is definately great.
And Vahaan is good, but at times I feel that they unnecessary delay to do some basic things for you if it does not involve purchasing anything from them.

Specifically, I faced a problem of Moisturization problm on RH Headlamp.... I showed it to their Service mgr first time, he said they need to take approval from Fiat for replacement (now that is under warranty). In my 2nd service, I pointed out the same... again was said will send an email and check. After this kept on asking them to replace, and though once I was told that they have got an email approval, when I went, the Assistant service manager said they had no stocks of same.
Well, what could I do... returned back with no change.

Also just after my 2nd service, when I checked the windsheild water tank was EMPTY.. this should have been filled up... they missed. Though I informed them over phone and they asked me to take the car for the same, I could not go back as I had already shifted my Palio to Mumbai (I am in the process of relocation!!).

Well Thats that.... but okay they give you back the car same day.... also you would need to pester them to get the jobs done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks