Team-BHP - Shopping for my new car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Shopping for my new car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/3054-shopping-my-new-car.html)

Hi
I am returning to India in another 3 weeks and will start shopping for my new car the second day I land in India (Because first day is sunday ).

I rounded off the car to Palio Diesle. Though I had a car earlier, I got it from my Dad. This is the first time I am going to shop for myself.

Can you guys please post your suggestions about everything possible when buying a new car including bargains, accessories, color etc?

For sure I am going to have Team-BHP sticker on my new car.

Thank you
Satish

black does it for me personally though its hard to maintain and can get HOT at summer, then again buying a car is a very personal decision, red also is kewl ;) .. get a good music system.. neat alloys and sun controlling done, maybe some teflon coating done and yes additional floor mats ..

bargain for getting all or some of the above at dealer cost

good choice u made..

I agree with Jaggu except for Teflon or any such coating on paint. Palio is a good chioce but check their Petra also.
Happy shopping

My Dad already have the new model Siena 1.2. So, not another similar car in the family.

I have shortlisted my colors to red and black. I feel black should be good in the long term but if there is no additional premium or waiting period, my priority might be Formula 1 red.

Already I have a couple of months old music system which I uninstalled from my zen before I sold it off. I have Sony MP50 MP3 players, Sony 220 W AMP. Sony 300 W Rear speakers(Don't remember the model) and Sony 150 W Front speakers (With built in tweeters). Right now my plan is to upgrade my amp to more wattage and have seperate front speakers and tweeters. I request sugestions on the audio system too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (satish_appasani @ July 26 2004,12:30)]I request sugestions on the audio system too.

GTO. *take over

firstly u have made a good choice.
ask for alloys and a spoiler - they look awesome on f1 red colour.........
also ask for teflon - 3yrs
remainin .........
bargainin depends on the person who is bargainin......
get the best deal from dealer and then go 2 second dealer and he will surely better it.
for the rem. acc u can go get it from opera house in mumbai ..........
i and some others will be pleased to help you out from there

I am sorry. I am from Hyderabad. Anyway, we have two dealers here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (lamborghini @ July 26 2004,20:17)]also ask for teflon - 3yrs

Hey guys please,please if you like to maintain your car with proper paint finish...please don't go for any such coating. I do understand that it takes a great amount of time to clean and polish the car but let me assure you that teflon or such coating is basically an eye wash. You tend to ignore the paint finish and in turn coating does havoc to your paint. Fading, cracking etc. *
I've mentioned this before and again for everybody's benefit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (satish_appasani @ July 26 2004,20:43)]I am sorry. I am from Hyderabad. Anyway, we have two dealers here.

two?

make that one, sureka (ex fiat) deals with only lancers and other hm products, the only dealer here is near the airport beside the hertz rent a car office

That is Anoop near the airport. But i remember Sureka is dealer for FIAT?

they left it satish, after autofin(now tata) left hm, sureka picked it up , and slowly left fiat, they even changed their show room from lakdi ka pool to near sec'bad railway station back entrance

Thanks for the suggestions.

I appreciate suggestions for my audio system too. Basically I don't like loud music. Don't plan to have woofer for that extra bass. The little bass from the rear speakers is good enough for me. Prefer more mid tones and high tones.

Alloys are on the list. But need to decide whether to go with FIAT or 3rd party. And probably wider tyres too...

Imitation leather seats. Black for the Red palio or light cream for the Black Palio. The original black leathers in GTO's vtec looks great. I love that texture which is hard to get in imitations...

Spoiler, I am not sure...FIAT guys told me they can't fit spoiler on models that does not come with factory fitted spoilers (I believe NV Sport is the only model that comes factory fitted)...

Original FIAT leather steering wheel and gear knob are on the cards. Again that depends on the price...

I am against sun film becaue I hate poor visibility in the night. How are the light tinted films?

I am bent more towards comfort and sporty look.

Thank you

Satish

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rudra Sen @ July 26 2004,21:32)]
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (lamborghini @ July 26 2004,20:17)]also ask for teflon - 3yrs

Hey guys please,please if you like to maintain your car with proper paint finish...please don't go for any such coating. I do understand that it takes a great amount of time to clean and polish the car but let me assure you that teflon or such coating is basically an eye wash. You tend to ignore the paint finish and in turn coating does havoc to your paint. Fading, cracking etc. * *
I've mentioned this before and again for everybody's benefit.

I'm with you on this Rudra. Teflon coating is of no use on a brand new car. A decent polish would do the same job on a brand new car. Teflon coating just removes minor scratches and is good for cars with lotsa minor scratches.
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]You tend to ignore the paint finish and in turn coating does havoc to your paint. Fading, cracking etc. * *

Very true Rudra. Many people feel that Teflon coating lasts for a year and in that period they do not polish the car even once. They park the car in the sun thinking that Teflon will protect it from fading. How can a thin coat of polish protect your car from fading. Its all just a marketing gimmick. In the end its "just another" polish with something extra to remove scratches. Nothing More than that. Seriously.

oh oh.. i think i will go with rudra on teflon.. not advisable for new cars.. spoke to a friend who is starting a teflon shop in kerala he also confirmed its a gimmik to fool and is best useful for older paint surface.. sorry for the inconvenience

Is Formula 1 red color available in Palio D? I checked here in Delhi, but they refused. Rather dark maroon is what they have.