Old 19th August 2004, 22:06   #16
BHPian

the same was said for palio 1.6 and now it has been discontinued
Old 20th August 2004, 01:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]and what for the hopeless service
I m a palio owner and let me tell u the service is improving by leaps and bounds. Also, i never understood why fiat gets the flak for poor service when Tata is worst! Yes, in last year's J.D.Power survey, tata was one position BEHIND fiat in service, yea, u read that right, one position BEHIND. What about that?? and that was last year, i am sure this year the difference must have grown. Lastly, fiat is making attempts to improve it's service , proof is the owners personal experineces, what about tata? these guys have consistantly stood among the last 3 in J.d.power survey's ever since the survey's started and they are not even making any attempts whatsoever to improve. Why, then , does tata not get the poor service flak from customers? why the biaseness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]non availablity of spares
AGain those days are long gone. Spares are now easily avaliable and this is due to fiat constantly making improvements in after sales service. Spares are also cheaper now then they were a few years back. Please check out AutoCar india's last issue. They have a complete list of spares prices and u will notice there is hardly any difference in the prices. But ya, palio spares are costlier than indica - remember, the palio has imported parts, Indica is a totally indian effort. therefore the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]useless electronics
Never had any electronic issues in my Palio 1.6. Never heard of any electronic issues in the Nv version either. Again, all this is of the uno days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]no resale value
Don't worry about it. Yea the resale value's are low now, but fiat has to make improvments in it's brand image which is already being done and by the time u want to sell the car off, fiat may have good resale values. Besides, the low resale value will be compensated by the pleasure the car will give u in driving, the joy of exp. the wonderfull suspension which will give u the magic carpet ride and sharp handling, tank like build quality, refinement, that tata will take a few light years to equal (by then others will have moved on a few light years ahead on this front too). by the way , have u noticed the panel gaps of the indica/indigo? someday, u can walk thru into the car thru them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]no guarantee if the company will survive
Fiat globally is making good sales and money. they also plan to break even in 2005! as for fiat india, if they themselves weren't sure of staying in india then they wouldn't have made improvments in their service and sales experience. This years J.D.Power survey shows Fiat at No. 3 in SSI. Do u feel this is the position a company would get if it was not serious of staying on in India? Do u think any company would make a 5 position improvment in it's standing in one year if they wanted to pull out? they sure must be idiots to spend so much of money to improve themselves if they wanted to pull out! and where is tata? not only is it below industry standard but is in fact the 3rd WORST in satisfying customers in the sales process. What statment do u think fiat made when they stood no. 3? the statement is that we are here to stay - isn't that what the company is trying to say? would they spend crores to improve all these negative features if they ultimately wanted to pull out of india. would they have conducted customer clinics for the panda and idea if they want to pull out? would they be testing a multipla if they wanted to pull out?
i think u have made up your mind to buy the indica. Go ahead and buy it but the facts are in front of u. the media loves a disaster story, so it will tell u of the losses the company is making and the shaky ground it is on. did the media give as much covereage to fiat's attempts at improving sales and service.? no. why not? cuz our indian media loves a disaster story. saying fiat may pull out will sell more copies than printing boring news like fiat recovering and improving slowly!
Lastly, if u read the responses carefully, palio has more ppl rooting for it than the indica.
I always say this, indica is a piece of lottery. if ur lucky u will get a good piece. Keep ur fingers and toes crossed!

Old 20th August 2004, 01:13   #18
Team-BHP Support

I agree with Amit for those. Drove one 1.9D few days back. Liked it a lot. Just go for it. No looking back
Old 20th August 2004, 02:11   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Also, i never understood why fiat gets the flak for poor service when Tata is worst! Yes, in last year's J.D.Power survey, tata was one position BEHIND fiat in service, yea, u read that right, one position BEHIND. What about that?? and that was last year, i am sure this year the difference must have grown. Lastly, fiat is making attempts to improve it's service , proof is the owners personal experineces, what about tata? these guys have consistantly stood among the last 3 in J.d.power survey's ever since the survey's started and they are not even making any attempts whatsoever to improve. Why, then , does tata not get the poor service flak from customers? why the biaseness?
Well said, Amit. Very well put. I have always maintained that Fiat service is no worse than what you receive at Tata and Mahindra (from experience) workshops. And you dont hear people complaining of service when they buy a scorpio, do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] But ya, palio spares are costlier than indica - remember, the palio has imported parts, Indica is a totally indian effort. therefore the difference.
You get what you pay for. The Palios quality is leagues ahead...a simple case of quantity versus quality.

But I had read in the New York times of Fiat actually contemplating pulling out of India in 2003...when they were blood soaking red. Things are looking cool now and I dont see too much to worry on this front. Car makers from around the world have its eyes on the small car market in India, but not many can match the domestics at pricing or perceived value. Fiat wont pull out now after building a base out here. I really would like to advice them on kicking out the current dealer dirt and look at professional automotive retailers (Auto Hangar, Vitesse in Mumbai etc.) if they want to get a stronghold in India.

GTO
Old 20th August 2004, 04:34   #20
Team-BHP Support

If your budget permits, the Palio D is definitely the car to go for. It's the best built, best looking, best performing and safest. The other two are just crude and outdated in comparison.
Old 20th August 2004, 15:22   #21
Senior - BHPian

Its palio D for me too, a very great car in every manner compared to the oths in its class.
Old 20th August 2004, 17:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

at present i think its the palioD.but maybe u cud wait for the getz crdi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks