Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2007, 18:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

for both the maruthi and the huyundai cars the lpg kit suits just fine you dont need a second thought on that!

if its a new maruthi then no matter which car it is your warranty will not void if you get a lpg kit from the maruthi guys watch out for this option as its the best thing to happen for maruthi cars so far!
Old 5th November 2007, 20:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

how about considering a used wangorR or if possible try to get a limited edition wagonR MAV suits everything perfectly!
Old 6th November 2007, 12:12   #18
BHPian

Advice needed

Friends, this I am posting on behalf of kkr2k2 (Raj) who started this thread. He is right now looking at a 2001 Matiz (Spice - a model that came in the later years of Matiz) which is a single owner driven (Retd. Govt.Official) vehicle and has covered 70,000/- kms till date.

The overall condition of the car is good, the mileage and owner seem genuine and he does vouch that it still has the original paint on it (hence doesn't seem to have been involved in any mishaps).

He requests your advice as to what should be a good price at which he could pick up this car.
Old 6th November 2007, 12:49   #19
Team-BHP Support

I would still ask him to look at the Esteem/Ikon, rather than the Matiz.
Old 6th November 2007, 13:03   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

@suren - I am guessing below 1L.
As a first car, the Matiz may be unreliable.
Nothing like a new Alto or even a Spark if possible.
Old 6th November 2007, 15:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

Matiz should be hopeless. Latest ACI edition says matiz prices have gone up after Spark's launch.

I would say as a first car stick to the Alto - brand new !! very good resale value also and a good car.
Old 7th November 2007, 10:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

ok guys,
here is the update,

i am currently looking at:
a 2002 esteem lxi, agent quoting 2 lakhs negotiable, mentioned earlier.
a 2004 esteem lxi, done 24,000 km; same agent quoting a price of 2.5 lakhs.
a 2002 WagonR lxi, done 33,000 km; dealer quoting a price of 2.5 lakhs negotiable. (which i think is very high, i will offer a price of 1.7 lakhs)

raj.
Old 7th November 2007, 11:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

get the esteem it feels a lot safer, accelerates faster and rides much better than the wagonR imho. I find only 2 cons with the esteem one is getting in and out is a very big pain(i am 6'4") and the other is a slight mileage drop compared to wagonR.
Old 7th November 2007, 12:23   #24
Senior - BHPian

another update,
the 2004 esteem, just sold for 2,50,000/- . missed it.
I am not so sure about the 2002 model as it is already 5 years old, but i will reserve my decision till i see the car in person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
get the esteem it feels a lot safer, accelerates faster and rides much better than the wagonR imho. I find only 2 cons with the esteem one is getting in and out is a very big pain(i am 6'4") and the other is a slight mileage drop compared to wagonR.
regarding the ingress and egress,i can live with it. I can manage to get in and out of an alto/m800 easily.( though i am tall at 6'2'', i am average built).
Old 7th November 2007, 14:18   #25
PVS
BHPian

Having driven a Maruti Esteem VX - 99 model for the past 3 years let me share with you my experiences: My answers in ***

Here are the requirements:

>>1. The controls should(clutch, brake and accelerator) be soft unlike indica dls.
*** Yes; they are soft unlike the Indica/Indigo.

>>>2. Compatible with LPG kit.
*** Yes, a petrol esteem with a LPG kit is a good VFM proposition. But do check out the availability of PFG fuelling stations in your neighbourhood.

>>>3. Good Fuel Economy. (i am not looking for performance in this case)
*** My esteem gives me 13 to 14 Kmpl in city conditions without tha A/C on. You do get performance from an esteem as an added bonus.

>>>4. Relaible parts and good A.$.$.
*** Parts are affordable , but I am none too happy with A.$.$ Mithra, my friendly neighourhood Maruti Service station, screwed up my perfectly working A/C, and now I have to spend close to Rs 12K for a new A/C:-(
And some of the front suspension creaks that I had reported, have not been attended to. I am better off getting the car repaired at one of those numerous Maruti Service stations. They seem to be doing a better job!!

>>>5. Easy resale.
*** Esteem still has a decent resale value; given the VFM proposition. VS 2000, 2001 models are available in the Rs 2L to Rs 2.25 L range.

>>>6. I am tall - 6' 2''. I should be able to sit in the car and drive.
*** I am 6' 4" tall. IF there is no one at the back, I can push the drivers seat all the way back, and can have a comfortable drive. But the low seating position sucks, with even the autorickshaw guys looking down on you:-(

>>>7. Power steering and A/C.
*** Power steering is cool; maneouvering the car around in the chaotic Hyderabad city traffic is a piece of cake. A/C is effective as well; but the power windows, (especially the front left window)are a big headache.

>>>8. I will be going for Finance option with least possible down payment and least possible EMI. (irrespective of new or used)
*** Avoid CITIFINANCE. SBI and others should be able to offer you something decent.

Regards
PVS
Old 7th November 2007, 21:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
Having driven a Maruti Esteem VX - 99 model for the past 3 years let me share with you my experiences: ....
PVS
very well explained buddy, finally got a reply which answered all my questions.

raj.

Most Viewed