Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2004, 19:23   #16
BHPian

Obvioully, Indigo .. no doubt !!!

Indigo - very much spacious, turbo charged engine, Big Boot Space, Fuel Effecient

Zen - not so much spacious, Peugeot Based Engine, Less Boot Space, Fuel Effecient (Not because of engine, but low weight chasis)

2f2f
Old 2nd June 2004, 10:12   #17
BHPian

This is a easy question .........It is Indigo . And Zen and Indigo fall to different Cat.!!!
Old 2nd June 2004, 11:15   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ravi_28_8 @ May 28 2004,11:30)]hey i am not keen on fiat........... so palio is out for me. plz guys sugest me
Think again, its a better car than the other two. Fiat will not go down the tubes with GM around
Old 4th June 2004, 16:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ajmat @ June 02 2004,09:45)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ravi_28_8 @ May 28 2004,11:30)]hey i am not keen on fiat........... so palio is out for me. plz guys sugest me
Think again, its a better car than the other two. Fiat will not go down the tubes with GM around
ajmat What about A.S.S. and resale value

2f2f
Old 4th June 2004, 18:54   #20
BHPian

Well Indigo is a much better Car but my choice would have been a Plaio D ( ELX) which would come under 500K *

Resale shouldn't be an issue as he wants to stay put for atleast 5 to 6 years or 1 lakh KM. every thing would lose its value the same after such a duration.

The A.S.S is some thing that you will have to live with and anyways with fiat trying pulling it socks * ( nth try though) I would give them a chance ( at the max it would be a discomfort of once in 6 months) but the car is bets diesel at that price ..
Old 7th June 2004, 16:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

Just adding my voice,
Indigo,
Old 7th October 2004, 21:45   #22

I know this topic is old but still.....

Indigo is clearly better, heck even the Indica is probably a better all round car than the zen.

I just want to defend the Zen D here .
We own one and its done 60,000 in less than 3 years. Theres been absolutely no problem with the reliability.
The engine is as good as new, no squeaks from the engine no nothing. Its been absolutely thrashed, regularly do 70+ in second gear and 140 + countless number of times. it even did a 155 on the speedo with 5 on board.
The throttle response is poor and its sluggish at low revs. it is noisy but its certainly refined at high revs and loves to be revved. Its quicker than the Palio D no question.

Its no where near as fun as the Zen petrol ,but it has the same great gearbox and better brakes. the low speed ride is decent but bigger bumps get difficult in the Zen.

The biggest drawback of the Zen is that its a small car. And its expensive. But its got great fuel efficiency (i easily get 18-19kpl , 50-50 city-highway)

My car is fitted with alloys and 165/65 Bridgestone Potenza tyres. Its made a huge difference to the performance ( braking and handling) of the car. Its very difficult now to lock the brakes under the hardest of braking.

The doors have started to rattle a bit now and then but not much, doesnt disturb too much.
Old 7th October 2004, 23:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

Close your eyes and go for the Indigo..seriously buddy. It feels difficult to think like this regarding Tata...but they have done it this time!!
Indigo - Fantastic front and rear legroom, perfect driving position, awesome overall visibility, responsive steering, good engine, astonishing fuel efficiency...I got 18kmpl this time..boot space is huge!! There is no other car in that price bracket to match the Indigo. Yes one thing is the gearbox is a litty twitchy...but well nothing is completely perfect! My car just completed 5600 kms..no problem at all! Go for it...by the way... buy the LS version rather than the top end LX version. You will save yourself some valuable cash!
PS: There is my review abt the Indigo LS in the T-BHP Reviews section.. see if it helps!!

Old 8th October 2004, 03:47   #24
SLK
Senior - BHPian

.. Indigo.. obviously...

but just for zen D
I have a friend who had... 2 ZenDs... now he changed to Zen Dis.... he.. loves them.

Long time back ... I drove a of his cars.. the plain D....
this was the one which had less milage on it .. just 1.25Lakhs... other one had 1.5
Started.... .. oh.. was vibrating.. like.. a horse (running horse, but zen was idling).
and you revv it and its smoother than indica..
started driving... with a/c.... man.. it was way... quicker than the indica.
Its seriously revv happy for a diesel

I don't think... Tata can match the.. reliability.. of this zen... even with V6 Indica (as in V2).... consider... it had done... 1.5 lakhs!

I have heard.. the.. newer.. zen Ds are not that bad in vibrations.. too...

So if you compare it to indica....
it wins.. on reliability.. and.. performance...
rest all counts.. it loses... but so does zen petrol.

i.e. if someone can choose.. zen petrol over an indica... he can choose.. zen Di also.... its no bad deal
Old 8th October 2004, 14:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

the getz crdi will not be launched for quite some time.
so the only option u have is the indigo D or the palio D.
the diesel zen is pathetic except for the FE.

satya
Old 9th October 2004, 01:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]hey i am not keen on fiat........... so palio is out for me. plz guys sugest me
a pretty old topic but still here is my take. Strictly choosing between Indigo and Zen i'd say go for indigo. But i wonder why you are not kneen on the fiat palio. Don't dismiss the car on perceptions. Fiat is doing it's best to improve it's After Sales Service. I know what ur thinking cuz i was thinking along the same lines when i wanted to buy my palio. Trust me i was in 222 minds about going in for the Palio cuz of Fiat's reputation. Today, I am glad I gave Fiat a chance. The car is awesome and Fiat's dealer Anuroop has surprised and shocked me with his service quality and timing.
As a product the Palio is far far superior to both the cars you are considering. Think about it.
P.S. If you are in Mumbai just do ur buying and servicing from Anuroop. All the other dealers are idiots.
Old 9th October 2004, 10:30   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]The throttle response is poor and its sluggish at low revs. it is noisy but its certainly refined at high revs and loves to be revved. Its quicker than the Palio D no question.
Hey Mayur, did you ever taste the power of Palio D. It can give any D on this side of CRDI a run for it's money. I can shoot like a bullet *to 100 with AC switched on. There is no power drop when AC is switched on. *I wonder whether Zend D owners can ever think of enjoying the AC in the city. It's torque is amazing. Even low speed cruising in city is delighting.

Old 9th October 2004, 12:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (SLK @ Oct. 08 2004,02:17)]I don't think... Tata can match the.. reliability.. of this zen... even with V6 Indica (as in V2).... consider... it had done... 1.5 lakhs!
Well i am seriously not sure about the reliability of a car that was originally made for a 900 cc engine and then fitted with a 1.5 litre engine.
And talking about reliability... even and Indica V1 (in case of V2) can be much more reliably because its made to support that heavy oil burner!
Old 10th October 2004, 10:36   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (satish_appasani @ Oct. 09 2004,09:00)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]The throttle response is poor and its sluggish at low revs. it is noisy but its certainly refined at high revs and loves to be revved. Its quicker than the Palio D no question.
Hey Mayur, did you ever taste the power of Palio D. It can give any D on this side of CRDI a run for it's money. I can shoot like a bullet *to 100 with AC switched on. There is no power drop when AC is switched on. *I wonder whether Zend D owners can ever think of enjoying the AC in the city. It's torque is amazing. Even low speed cruising in city is delighting.
I agree theres a very noticeable drop in performance in the Zen with the AC switched on.
But i do enjoy ac in the city most of the time.

Without the AC, the zen is quicker than the palio. Theres a palio d in our college and in the few times i have raced with him , i catch him under acceleration..

Autocar 0-100 times

Zen D * 18.15 sec.
Palio D *19.55 sec.
Old 11th October 2004, 00:41   #30
Senior - BHPian

man this is a old topic but still to add my opinion..

tata indigo . y ? simply put in India as the Indica ad goes more car per car . the indigo will be STILL MORE CAR PER CAR

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks