Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2007, 22:35   #1
bkm
BHPian

Spark PS or i10 Era

I had booked on 21/10/07 (discount period) a spark PS in mumbai at 3.56, as I wanted Power steering and AC only , other things of LS model not found very essential by me. But now i10 with power steering is the Era model which wouldf cost me 4.35 in Mumbai. the exact comparision of Era will be with Spark LS which was available here at 3.76 .
Do you think that at 4.36 , i10 is a better buy than spark LS or PS. should I stick to Spark? Delivery of spark is likely to take some time.
Old 3rd November 2007, 16:21   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hi BKM

It is too early to comment on the i10 since it has only just been launched. Ownership reviews will take a couple of weeks, but there are some initial test-drives by BHPians on the forum which you may refer to. What I really recommend you to do is opt for a detailed road-test yourself. Look for what really matters to you. Post your impressions here....and I am sure it will be far easier to take the call on the right hatch for you.
Old 3rd November 2007, 18:22   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

I agree with GTO, i10 is a car too early to comment upon. If i know correctly, i havent even seen any test drives of this vehicle and it was like a sudden release. Usually manafacturers build up the car much before its release. If you have booked the Spark, go ahead and take it, i10 shouldnt me largely better than spark.
Old 3rd November 2007, 22:09   #4
bkm
BHPian

Today I went and saw the i10. Could not test drive. I needed only Power steering and AC. For power steering I will have to go to Era . The cost difference to me would be Rs 80000, which will be too much. So I have decided to stick to Spark PS. Moreover , though the interior of i10 was slightly better(in feel) , but the interior of spark is better designed , and some how you feel more space , room inside. The rear seat is also more comfortable in Spark with more leg space.
Old 4th November 2007, 00:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

i10 is a good car in comparison to Spark - should have better resale too.

Performance should be the same. Also the price difference is quite a bit, so I would suggest spark.

Last edited by vkochar : 4th November 2007 at 00:39.
Old 4th November 2007, 01:57   #6
BHPian

Too early to comment on the i10. Looks like you might be alone for the time-being on this compo. Company reputation aside, just can't get used to the centrally located speedo console on the spark... maybe that part of it should go into the 'manufactures comprimising safety thread'.
Old 5th November 2007, 23:41   #7
naj
BHPian

i 10 era for my Dad

I would like to thank you all t-bhp members for their excellent ,detailed posts including TD analysis of i 10.I had virtually decided on buying Zen Estilo VXi for my dad and would have booked it in a day or two when a friend of mine who is also a member suggested me to recheck the i10 and swift vxi .Though before zeroing on the Estilo I had checked out all the hatchbacks costing around 4.5 L.Even at that time I could not get the i 10 off my mind but had to buy something time tested and utterly reliable for my dad who is well above 60 and as I work abroad for 7 months in a year and wont be around to help him if the car behaves cranky.
This is where you folks helped me to rethink my decision and eventually I not only decided on the i 10 after reading the reviews but booked a era i 10 for my dad today.I have a 3 year old Ikon 1.6 and after test driving the Estilo I was a bit disapointed ....I felt it unsafe. Thank you a thousand times.My Dad is a bit thrilled as he told later that this is going to be from the first lot.Deliveries have not even started in Pune.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks