Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2007, 18:18   #31
BHPian

If your monthly usage is ~600 km, then you should not be really worried about the FE. The difference in the amount you will spend on fuel, at 50 Rs/lit of petrol work out to just about Rs 5100 per year (assuming Ikon @10.4kpl & i10 @12.2kpl), which only ~1% of your new car price.

IMHO, a bigger car is more pleasant in long run.
Old 9th December 2007, 20:01   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
\
I totally agree with you dude! Kairali Ford has the most PATHETIC A** i've ever seen. After the royal treatment i get at the honda service for my NHC, i'm treated like something the cat dragged in at the ford place!Almost all the guys will be on leave, those who are there have a feeling that its thanks to them that the world is still spinning! Thankfully, i had to get only the first service done here!
Not all Ford dealers are like that. Some dealers are also better and does a decent job. But when compared to MASS it certainly needs improvement.

Last edited by snaronikar : 9th December 2007 at 20:03.
Old 10th December 2007, 01:20   #33
BHPian

i10 and ikon are from two different segments. you cannot compare them. its like comparing a tiger with a cat. get your choices checked. if you want a good and reliable car then go for cars like swift, palio, NHC etc.
Old 10th December 2007, 03:24   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdesai1987 View Post
i10 and ikon are from two different segments. you cannot compare them. its like comparing a tiger with a cat. get your choices checked. if you want a good and reliable car then go for cars like swift, palio, NHC etc.
Choice of similes do not reflect the situation we have now.

Neither i10 nor the Ikon are good & reliable cars??

Both are good cars, with unique strengths. If you really love driving, go for the Ikon. It's fun. And good and reliable. If modern interiors and latest models are important to you, go for the i10.

I'd suggest you go for the Ikon.
Old 10th December 2007, 11:54   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky_Sid!! View Post
Am trying to negotiate with the dealer to discount the insurance too....lets see!!
Sid, your getting quite a good offer, i must say. No harm trying, though. Pester them and try and get insurance also discounted from them.
Old 20th December 2007, 22:57   #36
BHPian

Hi, A.S.S of Ikon is not as bad as its being projected. Ford gives you extended warranty covered for 3 years. As many have said in this thread, Ikon and i10 cant be compared. Ikon is a mid size sedan with superior build quality. I have not driven i10 but from the looks it feels an upgraded Santro. Go for the Ikon. Dont worry about spares etc,.There are lakhs of Ikon on the road.

Most Viewed