Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2004, 13:21   #16
BHPian

A word of caution about the Passion Red. I myself was in two minds about whether it was the red or black for me before I signed the dotted line. It was finally the black for me, based on a quick poll of friends and family.

Coming back to what I was saying, while the red looks awesome all nice and shiny in the showroom, it gets a little too much outside - it's frankly just too much red, in my opinion. And it takes just a layer of dust on the red to make it look a bright vermilion - which, I assure you is not a nice colour on the Getz.

If you're keen on the colour red or thereabouts, have a look at the Scarlet Sage. Rich and classy methinks. Otherwise the Potamaic Blue and the Satin Grey are also pretty cool.

Finally, some interesting stuff on car colours in India.

Last edited by neverclever : 21st December 2004 at 13:23.
Old 22nd December 2004, 11:18   #17
BHPian

[quote=neverclever]

she can be a little sluggish on pickup in the lower gears, especially with the AC on.

Spot on ! I felt the same while test drove it. But isn't strange, a car labeled as premium hatch with 80 bhp engine and little sluggish during pick up. A slight turn off !

Thanks NC. Much awaited feedback.
Old 22nd December 2004, 11:23   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverclever
A word of caution about the Passion Red. I myself was in two minds about whether it was the red or black for me before I signed the dotted line. It was finally the black for me, based on a quick poll of friends and family.

Coming back to what I was saying, while the red looks awesome all nice and shiny in the showroom, it gets a little too much outside - it's frankly just too much red, in my opinion. And it takes just a layer of dust on the red to make it look a bright vermilion - which, I assure you is not a nice colour on the Getz.

If you're keen on the colour red or thereabouts, have a look at the Scarlet Sage. Rich and classy methinks. Otherwise the Potamaic Blue and the Satin Grey are also pretty cool.

Finally, some interesting stuff on car colours in India.

Hey..likewise here, either black, red or electric blue. Readily available are red or black. Black not auspicious as per my mother, so red. Other are also good however red has some magnetism to it :-)

How was your deal ? Any discounts ?
I am still negortiating with dealers and could manage to notch up 4000 cash discount in addition to free insurance.
Old 24th December 2004, 11:07   #19
BHPian

Hello everybody,

I have booked the GLS version in passion red color.
There were not much discounts offered on the GL version ( max. 28k and the availability was in question), however got GLS with 44k discount. More or less fits the bill.

Well, now the next thing that is in my mind is to put some alloys right at the time of delivery, so seek your advise. GLS is currently loaded with 13" steel rims with wheel covers and rides on 175/70 goodyear GPS. The fully loaded comes with 14" alloys with 175/65 goodyear GPS. Pls. advise what could be trade in deal.
Should i go for 13" or 14" ?

I won't opt for the standard co. fitted alloys, as they don't look that good, but others with OE size. And, what size would these be called , i mean 5.0J of 5.5 J etc. ? Sorry i am not familiar with these. Pls. guide.

Tarun
Old 12th January 2005, 12:44   #20
Team-BHP Support

never clever which other cars did you consider when you decided on the getz?
Old 12th January 2005, 13:08   #21
BHPian

The Palio 1.2 nv and the Ford Ikon Flair. My comparo can be found here.
Old 24th January 2005, 14:05   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarun

I won't opt for the standard co. fitted alloys, as they don't look that good, but others with OE size. And, what size would these be called , i mean 5.0J of 5.5 J etc. ? Sorry i am not familiar with these. Pls. guide.

Tarun
Hi Tarun, I've got a GLS ABS Getz. As I mentioned in another post, I was all set to change my rims to 15" Neo Avalons, which are nice looking rims. But after seeing them on the car, I felt they did not look good, because of the space between the top of the tyre and the bottom of the wheel arch (due to the car being raised by Hyundai).

When I first saw the standard 14" alloy rims I though they were the ugliest rims I'd ever seen. But after trying a few other rims out, I felt that they looked best mounted on the car. So, if you haven't already bought your rims and tyres, I'd suggest you take the car to the wheel shop and check out how the rims look mounted on the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks