Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2007, 17:32   #1
BHPian

Getz 1.1/1.3 or Palio 1.6 or shall I wait for the splash???

Hi All,...PLanning to buy a new car...had planned long time ago when there was the old getz . had decided to buy the Getz. But somehow the pna got postponed. Now the time has come. But the issue is that its now GETZ PRIMEE!!! I dint like the interiors. the plastic quality is not as in like the old Getz. Still my budget is 5L +- 10k.
In my Budget I have test driven the Getz prime 1.1 (not goin about the power too much as it wud be for my dad and he is a very descent driver).

But is Getz prime 1.1 a good choice?? I test drove it a few days back and found it quite good. Very comfortable ride and very smooth gearshift.
I have also heard that a lot of cars comming up in 2008.
What about the suzuki SPLASH???? ANybody have any idea about its OTR price???? Looking forwars for Splash but cant even want to wait too long as m not sure when its gonna be launched . Wanted to get one in december last or January only.

Please help me. M in a Fix.
Out of all the cars like getz, swift, Uva, i10...Till now I have been able to decide the Getz only. But may be M wrong. Your Views will be Appreciated. Let me know if There is any better choice other than Getz ..wat about Palio???

p.s.- M not bothered about the resale value.

Thanks
Raj
Old 27th November 2007, 19:35   #2
Team-BHP Support

Splash wont be a competition to the Getz. Its supposed to be the replacement for WagonR, and should therefore be priced lower than Swift.

Getz 1.1 is a good choice for city use. For highway, its underpowered!
Old 27th November 2007, 20:47   #3
BHPian

I think you can blindly go for the Palio 1.6. The power is awesome and the build quality and refinement is unbeatable in this category.
Old 27th November 2007, 20:50   #4
BHPian

If you are not bothered about resale
Go ahead with Palio 1.6
Old 27th November 2007, 21:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

It has to be Palio 1.6. Sheer driving pleasure... BTW today happened to read that FIAT and TATA coming up with 10 member board... so things are going on in background for FIAT...
Old 27th November 2007, 21:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

Have you checked up i10. Its a good VFM. As far as your choices is concerned, Getz 1.3 should be a better choice. Why not try Swift Vxi if you do not have constraints regading the space & boot?
Old 27th November 2007, 22:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

Getz 1.1 is a good choice for city use. For highway, its underpowered. Getz 1.3 is a better choice. Why dont you consider i10 and swift aswell?
Old 27th November 2007, 22:40   #8
BHPian

Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport all the way.

Look for other threads on the same topic (1.6 Sport) & make up your mind.

Hope to see you joining the Fiat Brotherhood.
Old 27th November 2007, 23:03   #9
BHPian

I've bought a New Getz 1.1 this November.

Apart from the cheaper lookin interior plastics, the sleek headlamps have been axed which I really liked in the Old Getz.

Apart from that it's still a great car for all the reasons I need not elaborate on.

Palio Stile is a real looker, but the build quality is not like what it used to be before the Tata Fiat Alliance. The build quality ade me really disappointed when I went to TD the Palio Stile. I found the Getz to have a much better build.

Both, the Getz 1.1 and 1.3 deliver the same FE more or less, it all cooks down to whether 1.3 can fall in your budget.

Yes, with 4-5 people onboard and with AC on power lag in Getz 1.1 is a little bothersome, else it's fine.

With a budget of 5.10, why don't you also add Ford Ikon Flair to your list?
It looks a decent VFM...
Old 28th November 2007, 10:02   #10
Senior - BHPian

getz is a better vehicle than palio.space ,resale value ,features ,***,and even mileage goes in favour of getz.palio looks good but somehow i have a feeling that its a small car from the exterior.i vote for getz.
Old 28th November 2007, 10:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
getz is a better vehicle than palio.space ,resale value ,features ,***,and even mileage goes in favour of getz.palio looks good but somehow i have a feeling that its a small car from the exterior.i vote for getz.
wmax, i think your requirement is a hatch and your major factor is the price range below 5.10 max which i assume that you are taling about the OTR price.

THe Getz is a real good car as you have rightly identified. ITs got enough space and gives you good ride comfort. The only choice you need to make here is whether you want more power (Go for the 1.3) or if you want more F.E (Go for the 1.1).

I would say the U-Va too is a comparably good package. But dince you have not liked it. Lets not think about it. After all the basic and foremost requirement is that "the owner should love his car"

About the Palio 1.6, well its a performance hatch. You cant expect great F.E figures on this car. SO if F.E is by any chance your concern just dont think of this. However owners are getting around 10-11 in city and 14-15 on highways from this engine with sedate driving. If those figures look good to you, i'd say its real Value for money at 4.5-4.7L oTR (after discounts). HOwver there is news of the PAlio 1.3 JTD coming by first half of next year. But you can never be sure until they really launch it.

All the best.
Old 28th November 2007, 11:07   #12
Senior - BHPian

If I were you, I would choose between Getz 1.1 and 1.3. As much as you would like to choose Palio Stile 1.6, I do not think it will be an ideal car for your dad. I do not think he will be happy with its turning radius and its mileage. Again, 1.6 engine should be revved and enjoyed, in which case the fuel efficiency will come down.
Old 28th November 2007, 12:46   #13
BHPian

Hey guys Thanks For your response. I dont want to go for swift of its less boot space and sot so spacious rear seats. Coz my dad is often accompanied by one of his best frends...(my pet dog ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Splash wont be a competition to the Getz. Its supposed to be the replacement for WagonR, and should therefore be priced lower than Swift.

Getz 1.1 is a good choice for city use. For highway, its underpowered!
Do You have any idea when splash will be launched in India.
I guess it will be a good value for money car. I have only seen the exterior pics. Can somebody post the pics of the interiors too...??
Old 29th November 2007, 15:10   #14
BHPian

Where can I get the specs for the old maruti zen? Sorry for posting it here. I couldn't figure out how to do a new post :(

Most Viewed