Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2007, 22:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
I think Gemithomas hates the Getz atleast from what he wrote.
Not at all. I just meant that in this particular list of cars i felt the getz is not the best choice in any category. I mean, it does not have maximum power or mileage, nor does it have maximum space or the best A.S.S when compared to the other cars in the list. Just what i thought.
Old 29th November 2007, 22:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
thanks guys for all the inputs, had gone to ford motors today wanted to TD the petrol but was not available, but i hated the interiors it looked cheap. I was sure dad would buy this vehicle but decided not to because of interiors.

After that we went to RNS hosur for swift D as soon as i went in i aksed for the waiting period the sales person said waiting period till march. We are interested in Vdi without Abs coz that i am considering to go for later

tomorrow we'll be going to have a look at palio and Td it....will update

rahul thanks for your pm i have noted down your number will call you if i need to know anything....is RNS a good dealer, i am also thinking of mandovi motors lavlle raod.
I find it interesting that you liked the interiors of the swift while you hated the interiors of the Fusion.
Old 30th November 2007, 12:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:

After that we went to RNS hosur for swift D as soon as i went in i aksed for the waiting period the sales person said waiting period till march. We are interested in Vdi without Abs coz that i am considering to go for later
Chetan, if you're planning to get ABS fit later on, I don't think that's possible. But ask around, you might get a better idea.
Old 30th November 2007, 13:38   #19
BHPian

One of my friend booked LDi from Mandovi, Vijaya Nagar on 22nd Nov and he is getting the delivery of the car today. Ofcourse he had some contacts in this branch and may be thats the reason for the quick delivery.
Old 30th November 2007, 14:09   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I find it interesting that you liked the interiors of the swift while you hated the interiors of the Fusion.
I felt the same as well, but then i didnt want to argue.
Old 1st December 2007, 10:18   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufRoc View Post
Chetan, if you're planning to get ABS fit later on, I don't think that's possible. But ask around, you might get a better idea.
But the technical person at RNS that would be possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I felt the same as well, but then i didnt want to argue.
different people different thinking cant do anything about it

after all the convincing that i had done to my dad that swift D is the better choice its come to a halt now, he'd been to some gurada motors on lalbhag road the some a**h** sales guy told that Saar we don't know how D's engine would perform or be after thirty thousand kilometers, like sound and things like that.....this really bugs me out now dad's thinking about petrol..
Old 1st December 2007, 10:37   #22
Senior - BHPian

Dealer pushing for quick sale

Quote:
But the technical person at RNS that would be possible

different people different thinking cant do anything about it

after all the convincing that i had done to my dad that swift D is the better choice its come to a halt now, he'd been to some gurada motors on lalbhag road the some a**h** sales guy told that Saar we don't know how D's engine would perform or be after thirty thousand kilometers, like sound and things like that.....this really bugs me out now dad's thinking about petrol..
This is nonsense. The diesel will probably last twice as long as the petrol. The dealer is pushing for a quick sale because he can deliver the petrol sooner. Ask the other members, diesels generally far out last petrols...generally.
Old 1st December 2007, 18:16   #23
BHPian

just came back from the TD man what a car this swift D is, ive never driven a D car before but surely it felt amazing the power is just incredible its feels faster than the swift petrol

Last edited by chetan : 1st December 2007 at 18:17.
Old 1st December 2007, 18:32   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan
sales guy told that Saar we don't know how D's engine would perform or be after thirty thousand kilometers, like sound and things like that
Have not yet found sales people in India who are really knowledgeable, atleast about what they are selling. Do your own research. If you have any questions / doubts, post them here. I'm sure Swift D owners will share their experiences beyond your doubts.
Old 1st December 2007, 18:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
just came back from the TD man what a car this swift D is, ive never driven a D car before but surely it felt amazing the power is just incredible its feels faster than the swift petrol
Yeah Chetan. We all said the same thing. There are lot of threads on swift D. So when are you getting the vehicle?
Old 30th January 2008, 23:45   #26
BHPian

guys thank you all for your inputs it was really valuable....since the swift D waiting period was three months and we could not wait any more so with out further a due......we purchased a palio 1.6 carbon black and shes a dream to drive, got the car today and guess what concorde motors are giving free cell phones with tata indicom connections as gift i didnt expect this any thank you all again....i will post a report asap

cheers
Old 31st January 2008, 00:04   #27
BHPian

congrats and thats the right choice mate!!! In between, did you not get the 10k Free Fuel offer from Tata if you bought palio very recently?
Old 31st January 2008, 10:44   #28
BHPian

Congrats Chetan ... A wise purchase and one you're going to love for a long time
Old 31st January 2008, 12:42   #29
BHPian

I am interested in buying a Swift Petrol but reading about body rattles and early clutch failures in the forum I am a bit afraid to proceed.

fellows guide me.
Old 2nd February 2008, 12:06   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishraak View Post
I am interested in buying a Swift Petrol but reading about body rattles and early clutch failures in the forum I am a bit afraid to proceed.

fellows guide me.
I cannot comment on clutch issues as I have not faced them yet. But rattles are not so significant. If you get them, one or two visits to MASS should solve your problem. The rattles problem is too much over-hyped on this forum. Take a TD and then decide.

Also, how about a Swift DDiS?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks