Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2011, 22:57   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: waiting period for swift and a regular What Car query

If your in the market for a hatch then Swift D is still the safest bet i feel.difference between Punto 90 and Swift ZDi is about 10 to 15k after discounts on the Punto.

But then, even if the Swift is overpriced by about 20-30k the superb resale value it has,makes up for it in the long-run when compared to a Punto 90. Punto has a better rear seat and bigger boot, Swift has better performance and excellent A**
Old 24th October 2011, 23:11   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
If spending 8L on a diesel hatch is a concern, we have FIESTA CLASSIC 1.6 @ 5.67 Ex showroom., bangalore.
Ain't the 8L for the diesel variant? So the comparison won't be valid as you are comparing it to a petrol mill. How much does the oil burner Fiesta classic cost?
Old 25th October 2011, 00:28   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
If spending 8L on a diesel hatch is a concern, we have FIESTA CLASSIC 1.6 @ 5.67 Ex showroom., bangalore.
Please compare Apple to apples. 8L is for on road price of Diesel swift top end. Fiesta classic top end is around 9.3L on road BLR.
Old 25th October 2011, 00:45   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
But after booking, I did my calculations thoroughly again, and turns out that with a running of about 1000kms per month, petrol made better sense.

In my opinion, people are going with the herd mentality of booking a diesel irrespective of running and other associated costs.
Spending 6.8L and buying a VDI makes more sense than paying a lakh less and buying a petrol car and think 10 times before going on a short/long drive.

I have booked VDI in july and awaiting delivery for the same reason. I dont want to think about the expenses when I think of a trip (Which is the case now with Accent and Ex Gypsy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
I am planning to just book if the thinks go well I will take delivery after 8 months other wise cancel and get back the booking amount.
Many of my friends have gone this way even though they have not finalized on changing their cars.
Old 25th October 2011, 12:35   #50
Senior - BHPian

After my FE experience with wagon R and Ritz VDI. I am in heaven in my day to day fuel. Of course a Lakh more for diesel but daily for one ltr I can save around 30 Rs and 5 kms additional run.If you divide and multiply for 40K Kms for a year. One can realize the difference is worth. Of course I am in favor of Diesel but the waiting time is the issue. Even the Ritz LDI VDI takes 2 months time for delivery. Any how Maruti is trying its level best to shorten the waiting period as per to day's news.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks