Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2008, 00:24   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
My friend , do try the Palio 1.3 MJD..something tells me you will decide on it if you do a TD
I TDed the MJD today - Man it is powerful and also good in handling. I liked the car but the interiors suck big time.

Me as a person, needs more luxury and Palio does not give it inside its cabin. Also the biggest factor is that even the SDE is now out of budget as it is 5.34 lacks OTR. I cannot afford 34K extra right now as we are planning on another car in november and this tad extra will put me in trouble with personal finances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueguru View Post
Getz CRDI if u love driving.
If it would come in 5 lakhs I would be the first one in the line to own one.

Me and my wife have finally decided that it will be the Getz 1.1. We are about 90% sure of it. My wife felt very comfortable driving it and kind of likes the space it gives and it is a city driving car also.

I'm ok with it as My Actual car would be coming in December or JAN 09 (just a hint that it might be the CRV). Right now I have a lot of personal commitments and dont want to spend anything extra above 5 lakhs.

i will be deciding over the weekend and will let you all know about it. Thanks for all your suggestions and I hope I make the right decision.
Old 11th July 2008, 09:48   #32
BHPian

Great pal, have a nice time with the 1.1
Old 11th July 2008, 16:42   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
I TDed the MJD today - Man it is powerful and also good in handling. I liked the car but the interiors suck big time.

I'm ok with it as My Actual car would be coming in December or JAN 09 (just a hint that it might be the CRV). Right now I have a lot of personal commitments and dont want to spend anything extra above 5 lakhs.

i will be deciding over the weekend and will let you all know about it. Thanks for all your suggestions and I hope I make the right decision.
In case this is just a transitional car before buying the final car, Palio MJD is not the Choice. I read that you intended to keep the car for atleast 5 years with 2000+ kms per month. That is the reason for suggesting the Palio MJD. With your updated retention period of the car, Palio is out, as the resale value sucks.

Also, Only you can decide which car best suits your needs.

Keep us posted of any updates.
Old 11th July 2008, 17:47   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
In case this is just a transitional car before buying the final car, Palio MJD is not the Choice. I read that you intended to keep the car for atleast 5 years with 2000+ kms per month. That is the reason for suggesting the Palio MJD. With your updated retention period of the car, Palio is out, as the resale value sucks.

Also, Only you can decide which car best suits your needs.

Keep us posted of any updates.
This is not a transition car!!! This would eventually be the second family car once the CRV is in.
Old 15th July 2008, 00:02   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Palio - is a good car, comfortable, spacious, it handles well (not very involving)). Its that simple.
But, its the service that you need to worry about.

Logan - Its ugly, ok for value, space and good ride (value is ok since Dezire looks more tempting ) and if you do the driving you might want to spend 30k on pete's thingy

Tata - Indigo/Indica or whatever... Please don't buy IMO. Its good as a vehicle to be driven in. If you want to drive on your own, please don't buy.

Swift - This a good car if you love to drive. ride is ok, space too is just ok.
good service network (does't mean its always good service). You can never go wrong with this.
I don't agree with you. now a days it's becoming a fashion to bash Tata vehicles without any fact. For the price it is offered I feel its a quite good car to compete with other cars in the market. With almost all the cars from TATA stable a big hit, for a truck maker developing a passenger car and make it successful too in a short span is a really a great feat. In another couple of years I hope Tata will comeup with a world class car which can really will give a run for other small cars.
Old 15th July 2008, 10:58   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
I don't agree with you.
"Please don't buy IMO"
I've said its my opinion, you can agree or disagree.

My Uncle has a 2001 model Indica, I was the one who drove it from the showroom and have driven it many times. I don't like it. Last time I went to his place he was saying it was a bad idea to buy this car and he will not buy a "tata' car again.

the same has been said by my friends, friend's friend's who own/has owned a tata car.

I'm not saying its a "bad" car. I just said there are better options.
And IMO its not good. I agree to what you said, its really commendable what a truck manufacturer has done, but they can do better (heard of a certain tractor manufacturer in Italy )

Last edited by aah78 : 16th July 2008 at 01:52. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 16th July 2008, 01:09   #37
Senior - BHPian

a 2008 indica is an entirely different car compared to the 2001 car. Its like comparing windows XP and 98 :P

I've driven a 2000 vintage indica and surprised how much they'd changed.

That said, the indica is a good option only if you are short on cash/time ( I had neither ) else get the swift/getz D depending on your budget
Old 16th July 2008, 11:17   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Its like comparing windows XP and 98 :P
I like that

98 - Old crude, crashes often, limited driver/device support (but was faster)
xp - looks cool, more stable (slow and more resource hungry )

you mean to say the new car is resource hungry ?
eating up the driver ? drinking too much ?

Just kidding man.
I understand what you mean.
Old 16th July 2008, 12:05   #39
Senior - BHPian

Someone needs to edit the thread title
Old 16th July 2008, 14:44   #40
BHPian

Tata Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
"Please don't buy IMO"
My Uncle has a 2001 model Indica, I was the one who drove it from the showroom and have driven it many times. I don't like it. Last time I went to his place he was saying it was a bad idea to buy this car and he will not buy a "tata' car again.

the same has been said by my friends, friend's friend's who own/has owned a tata car.

)
I own a Tata car am extremely happy with it. Friends advised me against it. But I dont regret buying one. This is an opinion based on my own experience and not on Uncles' experience nor on friends' experience nor on friend's friend's experience.
Old 16th July 2008, 20:26   #41
BHPian

Guys - Thanks for your advice. I have not thought about Indica Dicor only because I have owned an Indica for 2+ years before and I was very satisfied with it. I have no complaints with it and just loved that car. But it is time for me to take a different one and not the same one which I had before !!

Just need a good city car and average highway cruiser now.

TDed the Swift VXI today as had gone to meet a friend who works in RNS. Same issue as always - space. Due to my sit-back posture for driving, An average guy cannot sit behind me comfortably. Second, My wife just cannot drive it as she cannot see half the road ahead and is kind of scared with it.
Old 16th July 2008, 21:54   #42
BHPian

how about newly launched i10 A/T. Yes, its not spacious and may not be really fuel efficient but you will be using the car just for 5/6 months after which it will be second car (meaning less usage). Also everyone praises its modern interiors. I'm suggesting a petrol simply because you have mentioned Getz 1.1. Test drive it atleast for sake of Team-bhp reviews
Old 16th July 2008, 22:11   #43
BHPian

Why dont you TD the UVA.Its has lot of space inside and a good torquey engine sufficient for city driving.
Old 17th July 2008, 18:10   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhga View Post
I own a Tata car am extremely happy with it. Friends advised me against it. But I dont regret buying one. This is an opinion based on my own experience and not on Uncles' experience nor on friends' experience nor on friend's friend's experience.
Ouch!

who hit me ?
I have a Zen and a Swift VDi.

Tata ? what is that.

Peace all Tata owners.
I cannot take this anymore, i just said what I know/experienced but I'm not being sarcastic and do not want any part of it.
Old 18th July 2008, 09:51   #45
Senior - BHPian

Gautam- You seem to have limited choice with the 5 lac budget & that too the Swift has been written off from your list now. I would nt advice you to go for the Getz 1.1 . The i20 is around the corner(end of the year launch) and hopefully it should get the 1.2 Kappa . But if you are in a hurry to purchase the hatchback i guess you ll have to go for what you & ur wife like. Do keep us updated. Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks