Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2007, 17:16   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
you can checkout the corresponding thread in this forum
That thread is about calling most of the better-selling cars over-rated, and lesser-selling cars under-rated. Ditto for the Swift. However, dont think owners have expressed too much complaints (other than rattling) and the car, after 2 years of launch still is selling like hot-cakes.

i10 will soon join the list of over-rated cars there, because it is going to sell well (It seems so) and it has a higher price tag.
Old 9th December 2007, 18:13   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_pursuit View Post
Interesting discussion, coz this is exaactly the doubt in my mind too.
When i10 was launched with all the pomp, i was so enthu that I almost booked it. After initial discussions on T-bhp, i also thought i10 should be a fine choice and also carried a cheque to the showroom when I went for a test drive of the i10. Then came the shock...its horrible Hand-Brakes, poor initial response and a bumpy read ride.
I came back disappointed, as I had thought my search was over, all the more since i loved its interiors and the size seemed perfect for my dad and me.
The i went to the dashboard and recollected all test drives, including Spark, U-Va and Swift and immediately called for another Swift VXi test drive. The guy arrived at my door in 40 mins and i was off for another test drive. Suddenly this time the interiors dint seem all that bad and the drive felt amazingly superb.
The sales guy also promised me a few accessories too. Are any of you getting discounts on Swift? Do let me know..
Nop. There is no discount info so far. What are the accessories you are getting? Also, i asked for VDI and the sales guy told me to wait 5 Months.. ..So, decided to go with VXI+ABS.
Old 9th December 2007, 18:20   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
What about airbags? IMO thats pretty important and not sometihng you should give up.

As for the alloys im sure you can exchange them for alloys of your choice at a tyre dealer by paying the difference in cost.
. Since my driving will be 98% in City (Flat to Office and Back) may be ~15 KMs per day, I decided to give-up the Airbags. Planned to get second car (after 5 Years) with all futures. Anyway, I don't like Company Alloys, thought to go with VXI+ABS and change the Alloys letter stage. Hope my decision is correct. Any advice please suggest..!
Old 9th December 2007, 18:27   #49
BHPian

ICE for Swift VXi

Today I checked ICE Price at METRO and the same given below:

SONY MP3 Player CDX-GT640S = 8290.00 (with MP3, FM/AM, USB & AUX)
SONY XS-GF 6932X (6"x9") = 2290.00 (for Rear)
SONY XS-GTF 1625B (16 cm) = 1490.00 (for Front)

Is it good rate? Good Combination to have?
Old 19th December 2007, 10:51   #50
BHPian

mODS-- Delete my posting..

Last edited by Anju : 19th December 2007 at 11:02. Reason: Wrong message for this thread
Old 19th December 2007, 11:01   #51
Senior - BHPian

sales people claim it is not Santro engine. its same 1.1 but with a different technology. iRDE??
but certainly gives a pleasant & luxurious feeling due to the interiors. It great. I would prefer i10 for bangalore.
Old 19th December 2007, 11:03   #52
BHPian

Its very very funny how/where these JD bloks get the data, I thought they do a good job.

Based on my practical expereince of 12 Swift owners in Bangalore including two of my relatives I have found that,
Swift has most complaints from its customers. 6 Out of 12 cars had door latching/rattling issue, 2 had immobiliser not working, 1 had loosley fitted rear bumpers,1 had luugage door not closing properly.

Now hows that ? JD got the least customer problems for Swift ?

I am involved in 6 U-VA deliveries with no complaints at all till first service.

Swift- Utterly over rated car. U-VA is much better than Swift according to me.

cheers
aNJU
Old 19th December 2007, 12:23   #53
BHPian

Hmmm UVA is a good choice , as far as the space is concerned but I think UVA is expensive vis a vis the features it offers . Swift is a hot seller ( no discounts on swift) . i10 well its new, one needs to wait and watch , the initial problems that are being identified(if any) maybe rectified in the future batches. I own a Swift D. Since it is a new launch problems have been reported with ECU, Wiring Harness but the new lot of Swift d's dont seem to have those problem. So in the end it all depends on what you want from the car. Take a TD of both and let your heart ( a.k.a wife ) do the talking. All the best !
Old 19th December 2007, 14:47   #54
Team-BHP Support

There would be a new U-VA which is to hit the indian market in 2008 or 2009, which i feel looks a lot better than the current one on offer. I would also humbly suggest they discard Rani and Saif as brand ambassadors.
Old 20th December 2007, 00:00   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anju View Post
Its very very funny how/where these JD bloks get the data, I thought they do a good job.

Based on my practical expereince of 12 Swift owners in Bangalore including two of my relatives I have found that,
Swift has most complaints from its customers. 6 Out of 12 cars had door latching/rattling issue, 2 had immobiliser not working, 1 had loosley fitted rear bumpers,1 had luugage door not closing properly.

I am involved in 6 U-VA deliveries with no complaints at all till first service.

cheers
aNJU

Ha ha ahahhaa thats so unlucky. i havent seen anyone complaining about swift. Well i dont know but it you drive it swiftly it will live swiftly. thats why its called swift.

Uva is fine in its stable. but not selling like hot cakes like the swift does.

more selling == more reviews = more complaints + more upgradations.

I dont know why but i feel swift is not suitable for only Jammed city driving except its diesel.
Old 20th December 2007, 11:37   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdesai1987 View Post
I dont know why but i feel swift is not suitable for only Jammed city driving except its diesel.
Did you forget the Swift also comes in a petrol avatar? Also, i believe thats what the thread starter was looking at as an option.
Old 20th June 2008, 12:41   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anju View Post

cheers
aNJU
The JD power ratings does mention so many problems per 100 vehicles. Its the total number of problems that matters.

And you are involved with 6 u-va deliveries, what does that mean ?
Old 5th January 2009, 00:13   #58

Help selecting cars - Swift or i10

Hi
I am new to this forum and this is my first post here. I can see from the various threads here that there are a lot of knowledgeable people around and I am sure someone will be able to help me.

I am looking to buy a new car and have till now considered Swift LXI and I10 Kappa 1.2 Magna (I know that both have been discussed in detail here especially swift). My problem is summarized below:-

1. The car will be driven in city only and will do abt 10,000 kms per year (maybe less). I don’t rev the car like a race driver, but yes a powerful car is always good.

2. I test drove the swift – petrol and diesel both, found performance of diesel better but as running is not much would probably settle for petrol. However did not find it the most easiest of cars to maneuver – the high waist line, wide A pillars and small rear windscreen does impact judgment. Was disapointed with the small reaer wind screen. I am not very used to reversing with help of side mirrors, but it seems in Swift u have to live with it – no option. How far is it true and will I be able to change my driving style accordingly? Also I find most swifts in Delhi have their bumpers and wheel arches scratched which further convinces me of the “flaw” in design. Given the chaotic traffic of Delhi, one would want to drive a car which instills confidence behind the wheel and in which there is no hesitation (eg Alto in it’s own class). I am yet to drive i10 but road view does seem better in it and it just seems an easier car to drive.

3. Till now I have only driven cars from maruti – 800 and Alto and am very satisfied with their after sale service. How different is it going to be moving to Hyundai? I mean is it really a deciding factor between cars given the fact Hyundai has been here for so long? It looks like maintainence wise both the cars are similar. Further what is the resale value of i10 like in comparison to Swift?

4. FE is an important criteria – my alto gives abt 17-18 in b2b traffic of Delhi (without AC). I know both the cars will be lower but which one would be better. Also I have read one post that i10 IRDE actually gives more mileage than kappa– find it lil hard to believe will all that pomp and show by Hyundai. Should I also consider it or just go with Kappa.

5. I am getting Swift LXI for 4.21L with no discount, add the power windows, central locking and moulding and the price goes up to 4.4L. Magna is 4.16L (should be able to get discount of 5K) and I only have to fit an ICE system. On paper does it not look that Magna has more VFM?

6. Is there any other car I should be looking for in this segment?

Points 2 (and to some extent 5) is tilting my decision in favor of i10, although my heart is still with Swift. Pls advice. Thanks in advance.
Old 5th January 2009, 02:55   #59
BHPian

Go with your heart go for the swift. Its anyday better than the i10 plus its Maruti.
Old 5th January 2009, 10:33   #60
BHPian

i10 1.2 Magna has the following advantages swift LXI:
1)Better FE
2)More goodies in it like power windows etc
3)better interiors
4) Brand new engine compared to the esteem engine in swift

Swift LXi has the following advantages over i10 1.2 Magna.
1)Better drivability on highway
2)Its a heavier car so more stability
3)Its from a higher segment and looks bigger although spacewise both are same

If I were you I would have chosen the i10 primarily for the FE goodies and the interiors.

Cheers,
Nitin

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks