Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2007, 08:10   #31
Senior - BHPian

Swift all the way!!!

Dude, Swift all the way. I have driven the i10, but swift is more fun to drive. But I hear from my relatives that Swift VXi mileage is only 10kmpl in the city.
If you can stretch to Swift ZXi, why not the Swift VDi? It is blessed with a gem of an engine and 10k cheaper than ZXi. I own one and its very much fun to drive. Extremely fuel efficient. We get 13kmpl in Bangalore traffic!!! . Only thing is you don't get much goodies like ZXi. And also, engine is same as the Swift DDiS in UK. UK Swift has 69bhp, whereas we get 75 bhp and its manufactured by Maruti plant. So, it feels great to have the same engine as an international spec!

One more thing guys.. I agree i10 has excellent interiors. But most people think beige means better interiors, which is wrong. Swift also has great interiors. Looks neat and tidy. And low on maintanance since its black.
Old 8th December 2007, 10:31   #32
BHPian

Choose the Swift, it can definitely seat 5 folks; Most of folks who talk of poor rear space in a Swift havent really experienced it and just go by what magazines or TV reports have to say. Take a look and decide for yourself.

Its fun to drive, gives an average of 11/15 city/highway runs with 100% AC in Bangalore's crazy traffic. Its a whole segment bigger than the i10 and proven. BUT be prepared to live with its shortcomings, the shabby build quality and soft niggling issues.

I love my SWIFT Vxi, add an ABS and believe me nothing can beat it on VFM.
Old 8th December 2007, 12:25   #33

whats the current price of swift all models???
Old 8th December 2007, 14:21   #34
BHPian

Hey man.

"Known Devil is better than an unknown angel"
My vote goes for swift.
Old 8th December 2007, 14:44   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quality

Swift. It's a proven performer. Also, Maruti quality is a known factor. Hyundai quality is questionable. Hyundais tend to look good early and run worse and worse soon after.
Old 8th December 2007, 15:37   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Hyundai quality is questionable. Hyundais tend to look good early and run worse and worse soon after.
Can u please put a line or two discribing the same...
R U talking about the Santro which 10 years back changed the small car segment scenario and secondly Accent which was also a performer....
In current scenario also, you know that Getz is an under rated car and wheras the Swift is an overrated car(you can checkout the corresponding thread in this forum)

Dont mind but Hyundai quality is anytime better than the Maruti's
Old 8th December 2007, 20:23   #37
BHPian

It's Swift Undoubtedly. In this year's JD Power Reviews for 2007, in the premium compact segment Swift is No. 1 here. i10 has no history as of now. Swift is as wide as Honda City ! Front seats are quite comfortable and all controls are within arm's reach. You do not have to strain much. This depends on your make build. Overall driving experience is quite smooth. In the same Segment Hyundai's Getz is way poor than even Industry average. Can't say the same about i10 now. Even Santro is nowhere. Keep away from Hyundai if you trust JD Power's International Ratings. Hyundais look much good initially however after 3-4 years they are good to be dumped. Lot of money goes away in maintaining them. You can go for Hyundai's if outer looks and neat interiors are higher priority for you as i10's interiors are as good as Corolla segment.

However car is like wife... A long term, good, hard working wife (Swift) vs. a short timed beautiful girlfriend who's only interested in passing time and is undoubtedly & obviously much more interested in your wallet (i10). I don't mean i10's will run that less, however going by balanced decision it should be the Swift..... i10 is a segment lower than Swift however it costs even more than Swift ... Now at least I cannot digest that, I will never...

2007 India Initial Quality Study (IQS) | J.D. Power and Associates

Download the review Here - http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/new...df/2007278.pdf

Last edited by Tech : 8th December 2007 at 20:38.
Old 8th December 2007, 20:45   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousivakutti View Post
Thanks a lot. I am happy to know that most of the vote is for Swift and I'll go for Swift. Now, one more confusion, which is the best VFM (Swift VXi or Swift ZXi). I wish to have Alloy Wheels with ABS and good ICE ( for ICE ~20K is Budget). Is it better to buy VXi+ABS and upgrade Alloy? Or better to go with ZXi which is coming with Alloy+ABS? Also, my Budget for ICE is ~ 20K, which is the best HU and accessories for Swift? Please advice.
Do you like company alloys provided in the ZXi?
Do you want Automatic climate control system? Parcel tray, rear wiper and such stuff available in the ZXi?

I think ZXi makes a very good deal, unless you hate the company alloys and prefer after-market ones.
Old 8th December 2007, 22:39   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Do you like company alloys provided in the ZXi?
Do you want Automatic climate control system? Parcel tray, rear wiper and such stuff available in the ZXi?

I think ZXi makes a very good deal, unless you hate the company alloys and prefer after-market ones.
Almost decided on VXi with ABS and planned to give up the futures like Automatic climate control system and other stuffs. I don't like the company alloys and prefer to go with five-spoke alloy wheels in market, Which is good brand and size for VXi? Also, an idea about prize in Bangalore? Is it good to change the alloy wheels at day one after purchasing the car? Or run with steel wheels and change to alloy latter? If I change day one any benefit or loss? Also, any advise on HU, Spekers and Sub-Woofers? Please Suggest.
Old 8th December 2007, 23:34   #40

Interesting discussion, coz this is exaactly the doubt in my mind too.
When i10 was launched with all the pomp, i was so enthu that I almost booked it. After initial discussions on T-bhp, i also thought i10 should be a fine choice and also carried a cheque to the showroom when I went for a test drive of the i10. Then came the shock...its horrible Hand-Brakes, poor initial response and a bumpy read ride.
I came back disappointed, as I had thought my search was over, all the more since i loved its interiors and the size seemed perfect for my dad and me.
The i went to the dashboard and recollected all test drives, including Spark, U-Va and Swift and immediately called for another Swift VXi test drive. The guy arrived at my door in 40 mins and i was off for another test drive. Suddenly this time the interiors dint seem all that bad and the drive felt amazingly superb.
The sales guy also promised me a few accessories too. Are any of you getting discounts on Swift? Do let me know..
Old 9th December 2007, 00:44   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousivakutti View Post
Almost decided on VXi with ABS and planned to give up the futures like Automatic climate control system and other stuffs. I don't like the company alloys and prefer to go with five-spoke alloy wheels in market, Which is good brand and size for VXi? Also, an idea about prize in Bangalore? Is it good to change the alloy wheels at day one after purchasing the car? Or run with steel wheels and change to alloy latter? If I change day one any benefit or loss? Also, any advise on HU, Spekers and Sub-Woofers? Please Suggest.
What about airbags? IMO thats pretty important and not sometihng you should give up.

As for the alloys im sure you can exchange them for alloys of your choice at a tyre dealer by paying the difference in cost.
Old 9th December 2007, 02:30   #42
BHPian

if all you want is a good car, pick up the swift zxi. i've driven one for 2 years and the only issues i've had are that the suspension is a little stiff, sometimes you get annoying rattles and every other car in mumbai now seems to be a swift.

things i like are that its fun to drive (though not even close to my last car.. the ford ikon), comfortable (in the frontseat.. rear seats are kinda cramped and dark) and well equipped (the only thing i miss in the zxi is electrically controlled mirrors).

if you dont want to spend the extra for a swift zxi then seriously consider the getz. its a more practical car though perhaps a little less fun to drive.

i cant say anything about diesels. i grew up in a world where diesel was what you put in tractors and hindustan ambassadors. they just dont sound right (but they still win at le mans every year).

now if you're gonna get serious about ICE and want a subwoofer and good speakers and amplifiers and all that, then take at least 50K out of your budget and visit the ICE section of the forum.
Old 9th December 2007, 10:51   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Choose the Swift, it can definitely seat 5 folks; Most of folks who talk of poor rear space in a Swift havent really experienced it and just go by what magazines or TV reports have to say. Take a look and decide for yourself.
You said it. ( 20 chars ).
Old 9th December 2007, 17:01   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
Can u please put a line or two discribing the same...
R U talking about the Santro which 10 years back changed the small car segment scenario and secondly Accent which was also a performer....
In current scenario also, you know that Getz is an under rated car and wheras the Swift is an overrated car(you can checkout the corresponding thread in this forum)

Dont mind but Hyundai quality is anytime better than the Maruti's
Swift == overrated

Now dont tell me why am i beating d cow...
Old 9th December 2007, 17:03   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech View Post
It's Swift Undoubtedly. In this year's JD Power Reviews for 2007, in the premium compact segment Swift is No. 1 here. i10 has no history as of now. Swift is as wide as Honda City ! Front seats are quite comfortable and all controls are within arm's reach. You do not have to strain much. This depends on your make build. Overall driving experience is quite smooth. In the same Segment Hyundai's Getz is way poor than even Industry average. Can't say the same about i10 now. Even Santro is nowhere. Keep away from Hyundai if you trust JD Power's International Ratings. Hyundais look much good initially however after 3-4 years they are good to be dumped. Lot of money goes away in maintaining them. You can go for Hyundai's if outer looks and neat interiors are higher priority for you as i10's interiors are as good as Corolla segment.

However car is like wife... A long term, good, hard working wife (Swift) vs. a short timed beautiful girlfriend who's only interested in passing time and is undoubtedly & obviously much more interested in your wallet (i10). I don't mean i10's will run that less, however going by balanced decision it should be the Swift..... i10 is a segment lower than Swift however it costs even more than Swift ... Now at least I cannot digest that, I will never...

2007 India Initial Quality Study (IQS) | J.D. Power and Associates

Download the review Here - http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/new...df/2007278.pdf

Students please do your homework well.

TECH == 10/10 . Congratulations.

Most Viewed